Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a scam?

Is this a scam?

Hi I am a filipina that lives in hastings with a british husband and a 7 months old son.

The issue is about my sister.
    She is talking to this guy from bristol. She said they are gf and bf online but she is not really expecting too much anymore coz she learned her lessons already in the past that she expected too much from people she talk online and then they end up liars and scammers

They`ve been talking since febuary this year. They never seen each other on webcam. They see each others pictures and he calls her guess twice a month and whenever she left offline message to him and asked him to call he will then call her. They chat on yahoo but dont send each other email.

When my sister mentioned to him last april that she wants to go back college he said why do you have to when im coming there to marry you. But she didnt believe it coz they dont have proper communication really.

I talked to my sister yesterday and she told me that she receive email from him saying he sent her 1 HP laptop, gold neklace, 1 black berry phone, hand bag chocolate and sum of £10, 000 cash in an envelope.

He said he sent that money for her expenses anf so she could prepare for the wedding. he also attached a reciept of sending this items and gave my sister the website www.airlink-worldwide.de.tl he gave her the user name and the password so my sister could track the parcel. I log in to the website and it says he realy did send a parcel using ths courier from bristol but it didnt say what is in that parcel. I also read the reciept he attached and it says in there the items he sent which is the phone and etc except the money that he didnt declare in there.

Now this morning i talk to my sister again and she said someone sent her a text saying she has a parcel but ite been hold on malaysia coz it has money on it thats not been declared and then they phone her that they want customs clearance fee of 2000 usd.

I am just wondering why did i able to log in the courier website and track the parcel. Why will someone wants to scamm my sister when he knows she dont have money lol.
    This is the 2nd time that a person she meet online from UK tried to scamm her. I just feel for her. She should be the one scamming them lol joking. Now i realize that scammers are everywhere lol

Banned
    What kind of lunatic would send £10000 and all those other goodies in an envelope ?

If it sounds too good to be true ..............................

Rather than Bristol he's probably in Lagos

customs will confiscate it automatically if they found out that the consignor didnt declare the items in parcel... so thats a scammmm......

Yeah right thats why my hsuabnd and i laughed yesterday and my sister said she thinks she will receive a phone call asking for money and she really did today they want 2000 dollars lol.

I just feel for her she is 32 and is sincerely looking for a partner. She dont ask money and dont scam. But she always end up talking to this people online that is liar and 2 british tried to scamm her and in real life she always end up with someone that treats her bad. But why does other female scammer out there always find someone who is real and meet someone that is really nice. I just feel for her

Banned
    It's a shame for her.You could try and match her up with one of the single fellas on here. Scammers and wind up merchants get screened out quite efficiently.

scam ..... tell her to run a mile and not look back
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Total & utter scam.

Have a read of http://www.mmail.com.my/content/6089...t-rm30000-cash

... basically the same modus operendi
    No man is an island, but Barry is

we know its a scam but its so annoying and i feel for her she wasted her time again talking to another time waster.

Its so unfair for her. They dont get money from her coz she dont have money but She is seriously and sincerely looking. and they waste her time and energy. Im the one annoyed lol. I just want her to be happy and find nice guy but she always end up with time wasters

bluebirdjones The fake airway bill in that website you posted is the same receipt of the receipt he attachd to his email to her lol

you should "advertise" her here, there are regular guys joining looking for a "sensible and honest" filipina partner (helps if she is drop dead gorgeous LOL) just joking, most Filipinas are way cuter ann so much younger looking than your average local lady. I think you will find that she can find someone through here and see where it goes. If he is liar or cheat, we will send Tawi2 round with a large gun hehehehehehe
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

thank you scott&ligaya. She is 32 but she looks younger than me and i am 28. She is so small 4`10 and just 35 kilos. She is goodlooking in the philippines but i dont know in british eyes coz my husband said i am prettier than her coz he prefer my flat nose hahahahaha lol. But how can i advertise her here so she could start to talk to someone here and get to know them? thank you again

A photo would help, or even get her to register here and tell her own story. There are genuine men here who are looking for that special someone.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

I'm sorry to hear what happened to your sister, I had someone try and scam me too so I know how much it can hurt & how stupid you feel even if they don't get any money out of you.

the best thing to do is ignore him since its not threatening her...

There was a similar scam here some time ago.

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post

Rather than Bristol he's probably in Lagos
    It's a certainty that he will have a West African accent, not a West English one

Is this a scam?
    Yes.
    If he is liar or cheat, we will send Tawi2 round with a large gun
    I have a friend working in Nigeria as a security consultant,he can do it

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member

I'm hoping to meet a nice lady.

This is the 2nd time that a person she meet online from UK tried to scamm her
    He ISNT from the UK
    Couldnt she tell from his accent when she chatted to him he isnt english?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Sorry this has happened to your sister, this scam happened to another member here, left her quite rightly upset.

Hi axelc

I feel for sister, I know it's not fair and it seems sometimes good people not lucky in finding a partner but there is
    A good guy out there for her

Thank you for your sympathy. I dpnt know how to post a picture of her here. But she is a tiny lady and look younger than me coz she is so slim. I hope she will meet someone coz i really wnat her to be happy like me so my mind will be at peace as well

Trusted Member
    You can use the 'insert image' button above the smilies to download straight from your computer file (takes a few minutes), or if you have a pic stored online, copy the address of the individual picture and post on here using [img]copied address.[/img].

She sounds just my type.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    You can use the 'insert image' button above the smilies to download straight from your computer file (takes a few minutes), or if you have a pic stored online, copy the address of the individual picture and post on here using [img]copied address.[/img].

She sounds just my type
    ehem!! i smell romance

axelc,seems graham48 is a ''legit'' and a respected member here, give it a go!!! send your sisters picture and email etc...and update us all here...goodluck!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    Total & utter scam.

Have a read of http://www.mmail.com.my/content/6089...t-rm30000-cash

... basically the same modus operendi
    , Marc ... the link you've posted is typical 'scam' material in that, the very practice of prefixing the names of [purported] "clients" with 'Mr' IS, in itself, one of the first - and most glaringly-obvious - telltale signs.

As of course, are the careless slip-ups where the simplest of words are mis-spelt!!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    ehem!! i smell romance

axelc,seems graham48 is a ''legit'' and a respected member here, give it a go!!! send your sisters picture and email etc...and update us all here...goodluck!!
    Fine by me, but that profile pic is from a 'few' years ago.
    I just put it there for 'Father's Day'.

Maybe I'm too old and ugly now.

I dont know if what i did is right but i tried to put her facebook link above

Trusted Member
    She's pretty, and you're welcome to pass on my details, and copy this picture.

I won't be too hurt if she thinks I'm an ugly old man. lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information