Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :( here...why some husbands dont want to let their wife work?????? why why why???

:( here...why some husbands dont want to let their wife work?????? why why why???

can anyone here tell me why some husbands dont want to let their wife work?????????????????? its so depressing...sighsss....

it would be up to her if she wanted to work or not, plus it is useful to have another income coming into the house

does your husband dont let you work? well your not alone. My husband dont let me work and its annoying lol.

He told me while we are not struggling he dont wnat me to work specially as carer. He dont want me to go work at night and he will come home from work and im not at home. He said he wants to see me all the time. I understand that but even day jobs even cleaning he dont want me to do it. He said why do i need the money. I explained coz i dont wnat to rely on him on everything that even to pay for bus fare i have to ask or if there will be emergency in philippines i will just cry and pray my family will be alright.

He also dont want me to go college. But when i insisted that i want to work he then said okay you go work its up to you do what you want but i know it is really against his will. Now am at home and am looking after my 7 months old son.
    What i did i just started selling clothing online and now am a top rated seller.
    Its nice coz i could look after my baby and i earned some money too but its still different than working or in college coz you meet new people and friends which i think is the reason why he dont want me work or go college anyway.

i really really wanted to work but my hubby wont.....

you should get your husband to tell my wife not to work, see what happens

i dont know what the problem is with some guys? insecure, jealous, worried that the wife will earn more ?? i dont know their reasons

i've done nothing but encourage my wife to work, i even wake her up early (4:30am) so shes not late

she has a career, i know what it means to her, its been her dream as a child, and i'm not going to stop her whether we need the money or not
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kate_th View Post
    can anyone here tell me why some husbands dont want to let their wife work?????????????????? its so depressing...sighsss....

They've got the word MUG stamped on their forehead

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you should get your husband to tell my wife not to work, see what happens

i dont know what the problem is with some guys? insecure, jealous, worried that the wife will earn more ?? i dont know their reasons

i've done nothing but encourage my wife to work, i even wake her up early (4:30am) so shes not late

she has a career, i know what it means to her, its been her dream as a child, and i'm not going to stop her whether we need the money or not
    i agree with you. How i wish you know my husband lol. But i cant work now anyway coz i have a 7 month old baby.

Even he wont admit it i still think that he done want me to work coz he is worried i might met someone else which is very annoying.

I feel stuck at home looking at the window and when i still dont have have a baby i always sit at the front door or the pavement outside the house waiting for him to come home lol.

when i said i dont want to be just a house wife cooking, cleaning, i also have my own dreams so he gave me some money to start selling online but now i have a baby so its better. But when baby gets older i still want to work lol

If my wife wants to work, then it’s entirely up to her….and any money she earns is hers, and up to her how she disposes of it.

Yes, on occasions I’ve expressed to her my views on the hours that she works, on the days (eg weekends), but the ultimate decision is hers. She also expresses her views about my job, my travelling etc etc

That’s what marriage is … give & take, being together, but also having the freedom to express your own opinion and make your own decisions.

What you’ve got is more akin to slavery. He’s basically limiting your right to decide, and your right to some independence.
    Last edited by Bluebirdjones; 22nd June 2011 at 16:08. Reason: mis-spelling
    No man is an island, but Barry is

I would INSIST my girlfriend works

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    I would INSIST my girlfriend works
    but then your a Yorkshireman Les

you could work part time, find a registered child minder and depending on what your husband and you earn, the gov/tax payer will pay up to 70% of the child care costs
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

WHAT A NON APPLICABLE LIFE...

Then more fool you for accepting it
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Quote Originally Posted by kate_th View Post
    I have no idea,..better ask your husband why why why???
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

phew,just got in from work!!..I'm so proud of my husband, he is always supportive in everything i want to do and both agreed to work together now while we are younger and so we enjoy the fruits of our labor when we turn old age.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Erm, have you considered working online or maybe taking up a hobby? If you can knit or crochet, you can sell your items online.

Trusted Member
    I read it this way....maybe right, maybe wrong.

When men behave like this (especially if the husband is a few years older than the wife) it means he is INSECURE.

He is afraid of losing you because either you will meet someone else where you work, or you will become less dependent upon him, or both.

In attempting to control you in this way he is laying the foundations for the break up of your marriage.

You are a young woman with your whole life ahead of you, not someone's closely guarded slave.

You do need to speak seriously to him, and I'd suggest seeing a marriage guidance counsellor if he will not relent from this selfish behaviour.

I'm concluding with Graham on this one-I could be wrong too but signs are there.
    Surely in this day and age we need all the ££££S we can muster so if someone wants to work good on them
    You can't foresee the future (husband may get sick,redundant etc)so it makes sense and of course helps the Filipino lady integrate more in society and frees her to have her own money and not feel dependent-everyone wins

I suggest that you talk again with your husband and explain why you want to earn your own money. Maybe it may help that you assure him that your relationship is strong and that you want to contribute for your future together.
    If he has loads of ££££ (and the reason why he doesn't want you to work as there is no need for money) then you can tell him that you want to improve yourself. It is a self need which can only be satisfied by you working or going to college. It is also for your own mental health- For goodness sake, you are 23 yrs old you have your future ahead of you!
    A valid reason is also that you want to help your family back in the Philippines and you do not want to rely to him for that money.

Talk to him heart to heart and I am positive he will understand

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

When men behave like this (especially if the husband is a few years older than the wife) it means he is INSECURE.

He is afraid of losing you because either you will meet someone else where you work, or you will become less dependent upon him, or both.

In attempting to control you in this way he is laying the foundations for the break up of your marriage.

You are a young woman with your whole life ahead of you, not someone's closely guarded slave.

You do need to speak seriously to him, and I'd suggest seeing a marriage guidance counsellor if he will not relent from this selfish behaviour.
    I agree with all that.

Its a bad state to be in from my experience but there are other points of view that should always be considered..

if you both are working then it all goes towards your futures , and you also have that little independence too and your own money,

No one really knows what happens behind a close door

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutz View Post
    so true

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutz View Post
    im taking a guess here...
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    im taking a guess here...

R.F.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

That can be the case but not always. Some guys particularly the traditionalists think that the man should be the breadwinner and the woman should stay at home. In my opinion it should be up to her what she wants to do!

my misses is the breadwinner i don't care I'll spend anyone's money

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    That can be the case but not always. Some guys particularly the traditionalists think that the man should be the breadwinner and the woman should stay at home. In my opinion it should be up to her what she wants to do!
    This is the 21st century !

Maybe guys like that should discuss such important issues before they wed.

Same result anyway.

Respected Member
    If a wife wants to work a husband should support and encourage her to find a job she enjoys. I've never believed that looking after kids, housework, cooking, cleaning...etc is the sole responsibility of the woman in a relationship, I've always done my share, and as I live on my own since my divorce I do it all now and am pround to say that my house is always spotlessly clean

Trusted Member
    Me too, looked after myself from 18 to 40.

House gets cleaned once every six months whether it needs it or not .

thats a very good question tell your husband it deserves a good answer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information