Hi, this is my second time to post and initially i was having problems getting my son's british passport but i got it anyway.Now my dilemma is his Dad wants us immediately to China where he works as an expat to apply for permanent residency there.I didnt apply yet for his PHILIPPINE passport and now appointment alone would take us to September when we need to travel on July 15.According to the Bureau of Immigration, if he departs with his British Passport he then would pay the exit clearance amounting to 710 pesos which I don't mind because he doesnt have Philippine passport yet.My problem is when I inquire to the BI again they told me that I am not allowed to get a PI passport for my son not unless i secure him a CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION which might costs Php15,000.I am surprised as my son is born in the Philippines he is therefore a citizen here refering to JUS soli acquired Phil citizenship when born here or moreso Philipine citizen because his mother (me) is a FILIPINO Jus Sanguini. And besides certificate of recognition is only issued to Filipino children born abroad with Filipino parent.They said once this certificate of recognition is released I can file the Philippine passport along with this cert.But according to what I read in the Phil Embassy website, a cert of recognition is not a requirement in getting a passport.My son is still a FILIPINO even if he acquires the British passport in the BRITISH EMBASSY MANILA.He would then have dual citizenship.So i dont get it why he is being delayed in getting a passport by the Bureau of Immigration through numerous requirements.This certification would even be processed from 6-12 months which means, my son will never get his passport yet.He can have it after 12 months with the release of such certificate of recognition.It is so misleading talking to a BI officer and reading their websites because obviously she doesnt know what she is talking about because what she says is not what I read.Am I wrong?.Please englighten me.I need to get a Philippine passport for my son soon.I just think I can get him a philippine passport anytime as he is Filipino citizen from birth!Seeking your advice, Jasmin.