Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Things to do before 50

Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    not sure if this is a good thing, but I do not have many left to do hehehehehehe, touch an iceberg would be good
    9 things I never did before 50
    6 things I have no intention of doing

Me too, never touched an iceberg. But thinking about it, I'd love to.
    Better still lick an iceberg.

Did 36 from that list,cant imagine getting a tattoo however havent touched an iceberg but have done several glacier-crossings and showered in glacial meltwater in the Hindu-kush,it gave incredible brain-freeze

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I had a crazy thought last night that I would like to walk the length of the UK. need to consider which charity to try to support.. my preference would be for a local childrens charity or even an individual child in need.... any one know of a deserving case? Now to research the routes, I think North to south and probably around May/June next yr.
    I actually did that, from John O'Groats to Lands End.
    I was 19 years old and did it with a team of 6 other apprentices from my old company.
    We raised over £3000 between use. Not much these days, but then it was a huge amount and made 2nd page on the local newspaper.
    Most of our sponsors paid per the completion rather than per mile. Lucky for them as we walked (and staggered) over 1500 miles. No idea how we got it so wrong!!!
    Quite a bit more more than other teams.
    But, hey the company paid us our wages for the whole trip (well almost), we missed some wages since we took much longer agreed.
    We did this expedition during what was then called "factory fortnight", which was the annual factory shutdown. We were allowed 1 month to do it and got full holiday pay for the whole 4 weeks. Well actually our team took just over 6.5 weeks in total, so the company woulod not pay for 2.5 weeks. We didn't worry or care about that one little bit.
    It was without doubt one of my lifetime treasured wonderful experiences and such a heartwarming memory.
    All the proceeds went to a local childrens home.
    I must look out the official 'start' photo and upload. Gosh! so many years ago now.
    Good job I was so young. I wonder how long it would take me now to walk that distance.

Sorry for the long post all. Happy memories!

not sure if this is a good thing, but I do not have many left to do hehehehehehe, touch an iceberg would be good
    done that

I actually did that, from John O'Groats to Lands End.
    Good achievement

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Good achievement
    I was only 19, very fit and totally unattached in every way.
    It might sound very corny, but that period truly made me a man and was a real lifechanging time. It has never ceased being a positive impact in my life.
    But yes, it was still an achievement I'm so proud of.
    (well mostly)

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    done that
    That's really great Steve!!
    I've seen some in the far north of Sweden but never gotten close.
    One day ................. hopefully

hi there Terpe, never really did a long distance trail other than the west highland way about 90 miles over three days so will be a massive challenge but the idea is still growing and I am now looking at the routes (anything form 874 to 1200 depending on how off road you go) and the timing.

I imagine I can take up a month away from work as I tend to contract these days and could just time it to coincide with finishing one and choosing not to start the next one. I imagaine my wife driving a motor home as support and the kids would see large parts of my Scottish homeland and of the rest of the UK.
    To achieve this ditance in 30 days would rrequire around 35 miles a day with a rest day every week. I am sure I could consistently achieve 3 miles an hour so need 12 hours of walking every day .. hmmmm perhaps three stints of 4 hours with 30 minute breaks 13.5 hours.. factoring in blisters, tendon pain, other injuries perhaps this is ambitious. might need a bit longer.

I will let you all know when I firm up the plan..... anyone fancy joining LOL
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Things to do before 50

gather and scan pictures when you were young, put it on your cake , shirt, balloons on the BIG day
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Things to do before 50

gather and scan pictures when you were young, put it on your cake , shirt, balloons on the BIG day
    Funny you should say that................. I just started doing exactly that a couple of weeks ago.
    Takes quite some time to a good range of settings, but it's all going well so far.

Most of my early ones are black & white

most of my early pictures are on tablets of stone

Microlight lesson is cancelled due to forecast heavy rains this afternoon Bit of a downer
    Clearprop at Blackbushe airport I just phoned to confirm my lesson today,cancelled yet again because the instructor wont be in today,slightly p*ssed-off,at £130+ an hour you would think they could have tried a little harder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information