Thread: Wenger 'fights' to keep key duo

Post Wenger 'fights' to keep key duo

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger underlines his determination to keep Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri at the club.

Content from...
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Recommened Site: Win2Win Racing | Free Delivery Store | Free Delivery Shop | Astronomy Forum | Win2Win Sports Store | My Fiverr Gigs | Green Leaf Beauty Shop

Banned
    Feeder Club for Man Etihad

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Just find it rather depressing! The last few years I and others have always said that we were just a couple of players short from winning things. If injuries hadn't happened, I'm pretty sure we cold have won something as just an extra goal here or there or extra goal not let in here all there makes all the difference. But injuries will happen and worse when you get long term ones like Vermaelan's. He is a far better defender than some of the others that were used to cover him which was why we suffered a bit what with really needing an extra one. Why he never bought another one in the January transfer window I don't know? So frustrating as even buying one extra quality player and we could have won something over the last few years. Whether it's Wenger it the board I don't know. What's also frustrating as how long they seem to take with buying or selling players now. The players get fed-up and anyone we buy will have less time to gell with the rest of the team. Look how quick Man U acted! They won the league and have added to the squad. We could have, but slipped right down to 4th over the last couple of months and just seem to be selling players!

We also need players who don't give up so easily or lack in confidence. We lost the league cup against Birmingham, but were still challenging for Champions League, FA cup and Premiership, but just fell out of them all one after the other! We need more leaders with a bit of experience & metal like Tony Adams and Martin Keown used to be, not more youngsters!

Many times it has been said that there is cash to be spent, but never much is spent. Even when players are sold, the majority money is not spent and it seems to get any new players at all, we'll have to sell and just some of that will be used. The longer we carry on like this, the less we'll be able to compete and slide further down the table. Shame we haven't got billionaire backers who plough money in like most of the other tops teams do.

Man Utd, keep their best players and that helps in getting good new players, our good players seem to want to go, as we spent nothing, so don't win anything now so it's going to get harder and harder. The board just doesn't seem to listen to the fans and only seems to worry about balancing the figures. Yes, I agree that needs to be done, but not to the extent where you can not compete anymore and lose fans.

Just hope we have some good news soon!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Just hope we have some good news soon!
    A P45 for Whinger would be good news to my Arsenal supporting pal

Thread Information