Thread: general visitor

general visitor

hi everyone!

We are planning to apply for a visa for our mum (wifey's mum). We've read on ukba site that we need to provide the ff:
    letter from the sponsor
    letter from the visa applicant
    evidence(s) that she will return to phils
    evidence of her properties
    What else do we need to provide for her visa application? do i have to give them my bank statements since they haven't mentioned it on the site? does she need to take the english test? any advice will be much appreciated. thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    hi everyone!

We are planning to apply for a visa for our mum (wifey's mum). We've read on ukba site that we need to provide the ff:
    letter from the sponsor
    letter from the visa applicant
    evidence(s) that she will return to phils
    evidence of her properties
    What else do we need to provide for her visa application? do i have to give them my bank statements since they haven't mentioned it on the site? does she need to take the english test? any advice will be much appreciated. thanks!!
    If you are inviting and sponsoring it's really important to provide evidence that you can support and accommodate for the duration of the visit.
    Make sure the application is for Family Visit, not General Visitor.
    Yes you better to provide pay slips, P60's, bank statements etc. We always provide minimum 3 months. Also evidence that you can fully support for the visit duration.

Then there NEEDS to be evidence that she will return to Pinas. This is a little more tricky as the ECO can refuse almost anything. But, Hey, the visa is not too expensive and you just need to make a very compelling sponsor letter and should be OK. The family visa has a much better chance than just visitor visa anyway. Plus you can ask for reconsideration and appeal if there is any refusal.

Go ahead with positivity. Sure to be good if you fulfill all the requirements.
    Good Luck and enjoy the visit.

thanks terpe! so all we need is 3 months bank statement and not 6? the bank account they have now is just in her husband's name, does it matter if she's not gunna provide them since she has properties? does she need to take the english test?

Lime, no need for English Test.
    If you can provide 6 months bank statements so much the better.
    Important is that you can demonstrate cash flow and support for the duration.
    Next important is reason to return
    If she has no bank account in her own or joint names then sorry to say it cuts no mustard with the UKBA, but....... mention in your sponsor letter with statement details in the application. Just to influence really more than anything.
    Don't underestimate the need to show reasons to return to Pinas from UK.
    Best of luck

thanks again terpe! all our questions are answered now. hope to read more advice/tips before we lodge our application.

again this will give u an idea, especially the spreadsheet part of the costs.

http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...tionLetter.pdf
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    again this will give u an idea, especially the spreadsheet part of the costs.

http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...tionLetter.pdf
    joebloggs, that sample always makes me feel so inadequate financially

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    joebloggs, that sample always makes me feel so inadequate financially
    , i wish i had that in the bank those days are gone , 3 of us working, all gone on petrol. child care, fuel bills, food bills and rent
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

nice one joe, that'l be helpful. any idea what airlines is better to use? cheaper than klm but a good one and just have 2 stop overs.

a good one
    Check out cathay,one stop in Hong Kong,not that expensive and a great airline
    I just looked at that spreadsheet its liberating to be skint,not to have the worries about that kind of cash ...............

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Cathay is my airline of choice especially with a short transit time.
    Suits me perfectly.

Kuwait Airlines - normally the cheapest ..TV rarely works and food is poor (transfer time can be 5hrs or more)

Gulf Air - Not much better than Kuwait ..

Quatar Airlines - A little better ..most TV's work ..

Cathay Pacific - Very Good but expect to pay at least £100.00 more than the above airlines

ETIHAD - Same level as Cathy Pacific and around the same cost..

always look for a promo seat (Q category) but be fast in paying for it if u canfind one..never book an open return though..they will always tell you that ur promo seat (Q category) is not avaliable when you try to confirm your return date!! u will always have to pay extra to get back ..

Thread Information