Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiya!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Hiya!

Hi everyone! In Aberdeen, Scotland for a month now and would want to meet pinoy who live here to be my friend. Life in a foreign land is a bit difficult for me but with the help of my Bf and his family adjustment period is not that bad.

welcome to the forum

hi there and welcome to the friendly forum., I am originally from Inverness but went to Robert Gordons school then Uni in Aberdeen. I hope yopu are coping with our fresh summer air there hehehehe, has your b/f taken you to Balmedie beach yet, I used to live right by it and went running there daily.
    I am used to driving through Pampanga/Tarlac/Luisita/Carmen as my wife is from San Nicolas (near to Urdaneta City. used to have starbucks in Luisita.

I miss Aberdeen a lot and when we visited my wife loved the sea front and the old univerity buildings as well as shopping on Union Street. I do not know any other Pinoys/pinays there but start with the catholic churhes lol.

hope you can understand the strong accent and that you settle in well

ingat

Scott
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Thanks Scott!

Yeah my bf and I go to Balmedie beach for a walk as much we have time. We just had our ice cream and candies there yesterday although the weather is not so good we still went for a walk and spotted a dolphins around.

Thanks for the info. Not really having problems with the accent. LOL
    We are actually living near a catholic church here in bridge of don..

Bridge of Don!!! I used to uSe a pub there, now what was the name . grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cannot remember LOL . My broither is now in Ellon and we used to go to a beach near there where the seals sun themselves on the sandbars and dolphins wait out in the bay to try to catch the smaller ones. Took my honey there and she loved it.. must get the name from my brother. In couple of months form now ask your b/f to take you up to Ballater and walk up to Loch Nagar and then Braemar, in between is Crathie village where the Queen goes to church when she is at Balmoral castle.

Enjoy Aberdeen and the area before winter (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr))

welcome

there is one Pinay on her who is in aberdeen "Mhaemcdonald" You will be able to private message her once you make some more posts and caome off newbie status

Quote Originally Posted by wytdoll View Post
    Hi everyone! In Aberdeen, Scotland for a month now and would want to meet pinoy who live here to be my friend. Life in a foreign land is a bit difficult for me but with the help of my Bf and his family adjustment period is not that bad.
    Hiya to you ... to this friendly site. Scott mentions Belmedie beach. I know it well ... many's the time I've been there when visiting my daughter & son-in-law who live in Aberdeenshire.

hiya wytdoll to filipino uk forum. have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Maria B View Post
    hiya wytdoll to filipino uk forum. have fun!
    Thanks Maria...

Hi there, and a warm welcome to the forum.

hello and welcome

Thanks everyone..

Thanks for welcoming me in this forum..

Hello Wytdoll! Welcome to scotland. I am at stirling.

Quote Originally Posted by rrr View Post
    Richelle ... just a thought! It might be an if you were to send a 'friendship request' to Wytdoll. There's a direct *train service that runs approximately once every hour daily, from Glasgow to Aberdeen ... calling at Stirling en route - the *best in Scotland in my opinion! This would have the benefit of enabling the pair of you to meet up in a choice of main cities/towns, e.g., the likes of Dundee or Perth.

Quote Originally Posted by rrr View Post

thanks how can i send you private message???

thanks how can i send you private message???
    You can't unfortunately. And neither can Richelle. Not yet! Private Messages are restricted to members who qualify for "Respected" Status - achieved through having been on the forum for some time and accrued at least 75 posts + 150 of what are called "reputation" points. Obviously, the longer you've been here ... and the more you post ... the greater the opportunity to earn points and become a 'Respected Member' ... especially where other members find the content useful.

But you can exchange 'Visitors' Messages' on one another's profile pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    You can't unfortunately. And neither can Richelle. Not yet! Private Messages are restricted to members who qualify for "Respected" Status - achieved through having been on the forum for some time and accrued at least 75 posts + 150 of what are called "reputation" points. Obviously, the longer you've been here ... and the more you post ... the greater the opportunity to earn points and become a 'Respected Member' - especially where other members find the content useful.

But you can exchange 'Visitors' Messages' on one another's profile pages.
    sorry for intruding the thread but how do we able to look how much reputation we get aside from the notification being send to us in inbox ..is it in profile that we can just click and count how much we have for a reputation??

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    *sorry for intruding the thread but how do we able to look how much reputation we get aside from the notification being send to us in inbox ..is it in profile that we can just click and count how much we have for a reputation??
    *That's OK. Well ... alongside a member's avatar [if he/she has one] in the top left-hand corner of each of their posts - and underneath his/her 'User Name' - you'll see one or more green blobs. You already have three of those.

In the early stages, these blobs generally - though not always - increase each time one member awards another, what's referred to as "reputation" ... depending on the number of points a post attracts by virtue of its content. Later on ... once a member has attained 5 dark green blobs ... further reputation accrued will show-up in a new 1 to 5 series, designated by a lighter green shade.

And so on ... culminating in a similarly-numbered series of yellow (ish) coloured symbols.

As you know, whenever you receive a reputation comment, it will appear under 'Notifications' ... top right of the page on the navy background. Click 'Settings' to view the respective comment and the number of points you've accumulated.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    sorry for intruding the thread but how do we able to look how much reputation we get aside from the notification being send to us in inbox ..is it in profile that we can just click and count how much we have for a reputation??
    Ross, go to Settings on the top right of the forum..it will go to the page wherein you can edit your profile..but also on that page you can see on one of the boxes there your Rep points and the total points you received...Something like this...Latest Reputation Received (xxx point(s) total)

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

hi...welcome to the friendly forum
    love makes life worth living

want to meet pinoy who live here in Scotland to be my friend.
    See my suggestion in #15 ... correspondingly, you might like to "extend the hand of friendship" to Richelle!

thanks for elaborating arthur so if i got 3 green blobs i wonder how many more green blobs to attain and be able to send pm
    btw though i know am on probation though:( huhum lolz..

thanks for elaborating arthur
    It's my pleasure ... I hope my explanation has gone some way towards clarifying things for you.

so if i got 3 green blobs i wonder how many more green blobs to attain and be able to send pm
    I cannot answer this question ... as the criteria for determining the rep points is calculated automatically by machine - which ONLY the Forum Administrator has access to - and hence it is a function that NO ONE else here has any control over.

btw though i know am on probation though huhum lolz..
    You're doing fine ... there are many of us here who enjoy your humourous posts ... just keep up the good work and avoid offending anyone. That's the easiest way to prevent any misunderstandings, earn respect and, in turn, build up a truly positive reputation. Believe me ... as a friend, I really do have your best interests at heart. Honestly!

It's my pleasure ... I hope my explanation has gone some way towards clarifying things for you.

I cannot answer this question ... as the criteria for determining the rep points is calculated automatically by machine - which ONLY the Forum Administrator has access to - and hence it is a function that NO ONE else here has any control over.

You're doing fine ... there are many of us here who enjoy your humourous posts ... just keep up the good work and avoid offending anyone. That's the easiest way to prevent any misunderstandings, earn respect and, in turn, build up a truly positive reputation. Believe me ... as a friend, I really do have your best interests at heart. Honestly!
    i deeply understand your point arthur and again thanks for the helpful tips..am trying really not to offend anyone except myself
    i owe you a lot..and your one of the reason why i really enjoy this forum
    your kind word lift me up

your kind word lift me up
    That's good to know ... and for your kind words.

Hi wytdoll, a late by one week welcome to you, from cold wet and windy aberdeen lol

Banned
    Brrr LOL. I just spent 5 years living and working in Aberdeen in both Dyce and Westhill. I was last there in January 2011 after a particularly hard winter. Before heading back down south.

My wife want's to see some snow so I know where to take her! Prior to that I spent many years passing through Aberdeen on the way to various offshore oil installations.

So I know it well.

Also, my ex wife is from Perth, btw

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Brrr LOL. I just spent 5 years living and working in Aberdeen in both Dyce and Westhill. I was last there in January 2011 after a particularly hard winter. Before heading back down south.

My wife want's to see some snow so I know where to take her! Prior to that I spent many years passing through Aberdeen on the way to various offshore oil installations.

So I know it well.

Also, my ex wife is from Perth, btw
    ... wow ... small world ... your ex-wife being from Perth (maybe I even know her!) and my daughter & son-in-law living in the Aberdeenshire village of New Deer.

Banned
    ... wow ... small world ... your ex-wife being from Perth (maybe I even know her!) and my daughter & son-in-law living in the Aberdeenshire village of New Deer.
    Yes, my ex wife is a Thomson, she left there many years ago when she was young. Her dad was a scrap merchant up there evidently many years ago. She gravitated towards Dundee and then settled with me in Manchester.

My ex gf is from Fraserburgh and she lives in Aberdeen these days.

My ex wife always talked longingly of playing in the Tay in Perth when she was a kid......

Anyway, enough of the ex's. Heres to the future.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information