Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recent visa applications?

Recent visa applications?

Hi everyone,

Has anyone applied for a fiancee visa recently?
    We applied for ours on March 30th and have still not heard anything back yet (today is 5 weeks since we submitted it). I realise that it says on the UKVACS website that the processing time can be up to 3 months. But most people on this forum have got theirs back within 1 month and I was wondering if anyone has any success recently.

We need to have our decision before the end of this month (or we'll need to change the wedding date of July 7th) and I'm getting worried about it now

Quote Originally Posted by thedug View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Has anyone applied for a fiancee visa recently?
    We applied for ours on March 30th and have still not heard anything back yet (today is 5 weeks since we submitted it). I realise that it says on the UKVACS website that the processing time can be up to 3 months. But most people on this forum have got theirs back within 1 month and I was wondering if anyone has any success recently.
    We need to have our decision before the end of this month (or we'll need to change the wedding date of July 7th) and I'm getting worried about it now
    No need to worry if u follow all the procedure from this site im sure you will get the visa in no time! Like you said maximum is 3 months! When we applied for the visa we consider having visa in 3months time...
    Relax
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

Still plenty time to wait, u will hear the good news soon
    Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

just wondering guys... how long have you met you fiancee before you apply for a visa?

Quote Originally Posted by prettyd30 View Post
    just wondering guys... how long have you met you fiancee before you apply for a visa?
    It doesn't really matter how long you have known each other.

What important is, you need to prove that your relationship is genuine and how strong your evidences.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    What important is, you need to prove that your relationship is genuine and how strong your evidences.
    Thank you lots LadyJ... appreciate it a lot. I'm quite worried about it.

Respected Member

I hope this is true!

Quote Originally Posted by greenbeltboy View Post
    I hope this is true!
    Why? you have a problem with that?

Respected Member
    Why? you have a problem with that?
    Yes, I think. Just hoping it's true, because my partner and I are planning on getting a visa for me. We've met each other around March/April of 2007, and our relationship really blossomed. However, the only evidence(s) that we have are receipts (from his visit here), a few postal mail envelopes, lots of email and chat conversations.

it will be fine greenbelt as long as u can prove to the ECO that ur relationship is genuine..and u have constant communication..

Respected Member
    OMG, that was a fast response! I was just about t o close this tab and read the UK Embassy website. THANKS!

I was reading another thread earlier, and came across the term CFO. What does it mean?

Read it from Am I also welcome here? Hello to everybody! - Filipino UK Forum

Yes, I think. Just hoping it's true, because my partner and I are planning on getting a visa for me.
    Depends on what visa you are applying..

Respected Member
    Probably going to get a settlement visa. Not sure yet... Any suggestions? :-)

Like everybody says here, Settlement Visa Sponsored by a Spouse has the biggest chance of getting appoved. You can apply for that provided that you have a spouse to sponsor you.

If settlement visa then your partner must marry you there in the Philippines and can provide all the settlement required.

Respected Member
    My partner is willing to sponsor me, so does that mean we should go with the settlement visa sponsored by a spouse?

AS I said depends on the visa you are applying for, you said settlement but you seems unsure about this.

are u married already?

If you don't want to marry your partner yet then go for tourist visa , your partner can sponsor you but this one is the hardest visa to get.

Must prove to the embassy that you are coming back home like showing your savings account statement, current job and any properties you have under your name.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    are u married already?
    Not married yet, but we're thinking of getting a Civil Partnership, once I'm in the UK.

sis if I we're not mistaken Greenblet boy is under the samesex partner, so she might be confuse on wot visa to take..

sis if I we're not mistaken Greenblet boy is under the samesex partner, so she might be confuse on wot visa to take..
    Are you Greenbeltboy?

Not married yet, but we're thinking of getting a Civil Partnership, once I'm in the UK.
    hi Greenbelt,

since uve already read the thread,"Am I also welcome here...." I guess u also read there that before u can apply for a visa u need to have at least two years of relationship..

and about the CFO sticker it is needed by our Phil.Immigration in case we need to live the country..

u can visit this website http://www.cfo.gov.ph for more info re CFO.

Goodluck..

I know of a Filipina who got a tourist visa despite the fact that she doesnt have any property or any employment background and also is a mother to a young child in Dumaguete. The only bank account she has is the one opened for her by her sponsor who happens to be quite wealthy. Based on her financial position in the Phils you wouldnt think she would have a chance of obtaining a visit visa. But within a month after filing her application she was granted one solely because of the status of the sponsor who's also got letters after his name.

Greenbeltboy you said you are visiting the UK on this thread >> http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=4116

Respected Member
    OK, now I'm getting more confused.

it will be fine greenbelt as long as u can prove to the ECO that ur relationship is genuine..and u have constant communication..
    ...... then you say:
    I guess u also read there that before u can apply for a visa u need to have at least two years of relationship..
    ??

Respected Member
    Greenbeltboy you said you are visiting the UK on this thread >> http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=4116
    That was our plan at that time, but it has (obviously) changed now.

hi Greenbelt,

let take it this way..In applying for a settlement visa there is really no rules on how long a relationship should be..whether it will be in months or in years as long as u can prove to the ECO that ur relationship is genuine and u can provide all the necessary documents..

but, in ur post to this thread http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=4309

and since u decide to be in a Civil Partnership once ure in UK, I am sorry but the rules are different..

How do I qualify to join my unmarried or same-sex partner in the UK?
    You and your unmarried or same-sex partner must show that:
    any previous marriage, civil partnership or similar relationship, has permanently broken down
    you have been living together in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership for two years or more
    you have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you and your dependants can live without any help from public funds
    you can support yourselves and any dependants without any help from public funds
    you intend to live together permanently
    your partner is not under 18, and
    you are not under 18.

The Entry Clearance Officer will need to see evidence of a two-year relationship. This may include:
    documents showing joint commitments, such as bank accounts, investments, rent agreements or mortgages, and
    letters linking you to the same address, and official records (such as a gas or electricity bill or proof of your rent or mortgage arrangements) of your address

At first, you will be allowed to stay and work in the UK for two years. Near the end of this time, if you are still partners and intend to continue living together, you can apply to stay permanently in the UK.

If you and your unmarried or same-sex partner have been living together outside the UK for four years or more and you meet all the necessary requirements to stay permanently in the UK, you may be granted indefinite leave to enter. These requirements include showing that you have the necessary level of knowledge of the English language and life in the UK (see the relevant section of this guidance for more information).

please do visit also the UK VISA website for more updated information..http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com

Respected Member
    ]ure saying that ure in a Civil Partnership or same sex relationship so the rules for that are different..
    I'm not yet in a Civil Partnership with my partner, but we're planning to do get a Civil Partnership, once I'm in the UK.

hhmm if its same sex maybe the visa would be tourist visa first or fiancee visa?

i think what you need to do is e-mail the ukvacs manila, thats the best thing to do lol. ask them about what visa to apply regarding civil partnership.

good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information