Thread: Brit passport / visa for son

Brit passport / visa for son

Hi,

I have a son in the Philippines and a fiance. We are currently applying for her visa but I dont know what to do about him. I have conflicting reports. On the one hand, it says if I get a British passport, I wont need a visa.
    On the other, it says (vfs) that the dependent of a settle person needs a visa. I have been unable to figure out which applies.

Ive read the websites countless times and I cannot get a clear answer.

Im looking for someone who has already been through this process (applying for fiance visa and bringing their own child over) who can tell me what they did.

Please help!

Trusted Member
    Register the child with the British Embassy in Manila, or nearest convenient one.

Apply for a a passport for him (British).

Obviously needs some proofs.

Your son will then be a British Citizen, and of course entitled to enter his 'home' country without a visa, with or without his mother.

Thousands of Britons do this every year.

Quote Originally Posted by rogedavi View Post
    Im looking for someone who has already been through this process
    I have been through that process and have given you my advice on your previous thread but you don't seem to want to take it ???????

IF you meet all the requirements for applying for a British passport, as per their website, then there should not be a problem.

Good Morning....

I was in your position last month....

I am in UK now and my unmarried partner is in Manila. We have a 3 month old baby. I am the father and my name is on the birth certificate.

My partner sent to me by express post the birth certificate. Two passport photos.

Completed the application form. A witness must verify they have known YOU as father for atleast 2 years. that person must also write on photos that this is true likeness of your child. But the other person does NOT verify they know the baby only they KNOW YOU.

I then applied for UK passport at passport office in UK. Application form....my UK passport....2 photos....and Philippines birth certificate...

Within 1 week I had a passport delivered to me in UK for Ashley (my daughter).

No DNA testing required in UK. Baby was never regisitered with British Embassy in Manila.

Much easier to apply in UK.

If you want to discuss further email me at davey.stuart@yahoo.com and I can give you my number then.

Brgds

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by The Wurzel View Post
    Good Morning....

I was in your position last month....

I am in UK now and my unmarried partner is in Manila. We have a 3 month old baby. I am the father and my name is on the birth certificate.

My partner sent to me by express post the birth certificate. Two passport photos.

Completed the application form. A witness must verify they have known YOU as father for atleast 2 years. that person must also write on photos that this is true likeness of your child. But the other person does NOT verify they know the baby only they KNOW YOU.

I then applied for UK passport at passport office in UK. Application form....my UK passport....2 photos....and Philippines birth certificate...

Within 1 week I had a passport delivered to me in UK for Ashley (my daughter).

No DNA testing required in UK. Baby was never regisitered with British Embassy in Manila.

Much easier to apply in UK.

If you want to discuss further email me at davey.stuart@yahoo.com and I can give you my number then.

Brgds

Stuart
    Stuart you cannot apply for a passport in the UK for someone who is not in the UK, they have to apply at the British embassy in the country they are in.

when you went/sent the forms off, they should have noticed that the child was not born in the UK, and asked for the passport of the child which was used to gain entry to the UK. i dont think they should have issued the passport without this.

another potential problem might be for the person who signed the photos, saying they are a true likeness of your child, how do they know it's your child, if they have never met them? ( i'm presuming they haven't ?)

which form did you use? i don't know if you have opened up a can of worms here , the checks the embassy perform are done to stop people abusing the system and to check people are eligible for a British passport - which you've bypassed to some extent.

i would advise people to follow the correct procedures when applying for visa etc, or it could be costly in time, money and heartache

but i wish you and your family well
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information