Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are wedding plans needed??

Quote Originally Posted by resnic123 View Post
    I hope it work out for you and your husband.
    My gf says she wants to be with me but i feel she has to experience life here before she make that commitment. She is very Naive.
    Stew
    Hi! dont worry she will get by! Tiger met lots of Filipina in preparation for my coming.... and im looking forward having dinner with all of them..... There is one girl whom he run after just to ask if she is Filipina but she is Thai and were having a dinner with her and her English husband as well!

Just make her feel at home
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

Resnic123. There is a possibility to get your gf a tourist visa, but only if your prepared to wait and spend some money. The requirements are a little different for a tourist visa than a fiancee visa for obvious reasons but here it is.

Tourist Visa: The embassy want to see that your gf has 'assets' in PI. The question they will ask themselves is.... does this woman have a reason to return to PI, which is stronger than staying illegally in UK. And has/is she going to leave those assets in PI whilst she travels to UK. Basically how big is her bank account, where is her income coming from, and could/would she leave it all behind to stay in UK. If she can satisfy them that she could not possibly want to stay in UK, and would HAVE to come back to PI, then she will be issued a tourist visa. ie. she is a business woman with a bank account who owns some land/assets, or maybe her family is rich, or she has children she is leaving behind and owns her own home.

Failing that I would suggest you go fr the fiance visa. You will have six months in UK. But make sure it is the worst possible six months of weather for your fiancee to endure. Least then if she can cope with that she will love our summer and all will be well.

My wife comes from Northern Manilla, one of the hottest parts of PI, and very humid too, but her friend who came over to marry my best friend comes from mountainous Southern Mindanao district near Davao. My wife always feels cold, but her friend has no problem adjusting to our climate. So there are factors like these you should be considering for your fiancee/gf. But other than the weather, or a bad husband, I never heard of a Filipino wanting to abandon her partner and go home to PI for any other reason. So ask yourself where she comes from, is it super hot, like the plains of Northern Luzon, or a milder climate like mountainous regions etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Wena&Russ

Quote Originally Posted by russ01539 View Post
    Resnic123. There is a possibility to get your gf a tourist visa, but only if your prepared to wait and spend some money. The requirements are a little different for a tourist visa than a fiancee visa for obvious reasons but here it is.

Tourist Visa: The embassy want to see that your gf has 'assets' in PI. The question they will ask themselves is.... does this woman have a reason to return to PI, which is stronger than staying illegally in UK. And has/is she going to leave those assets in PI whilst she travels to UK. Basically how big is her bank account, where is her income coming from, and could/would she leave it all behind to stay in UK. If she can satisfy them that she could not possibly want to stay in UK, and would HAVE to come back to PI, then she will be issued a tourist visa. ie. she is a business woman with a bank account who owns some land/assets, or maybe her family is rich, or she has children she is leaving behind and owns her own home.

Failing that I would suggest you go fr the fiance visa. You will have six months in UK. But make sure it is the worst possible six months of weather for your fiancee to endure. Least then if she can cope with that she will love our summer and all will be well.

My wife comes from Northern Manilla, one of the hottest parts of PI, and very humid too, but her friend who came over to marry my best friend comes from mountainous Southern Mindanao district near Davao. My wife always feels cold, but her friend has no problem adjusting to our climate. So there are factors like these you should be considering for your fiancee/gf. But other than the weather, or a bad husband, I never heard of a Filipino wanting to abandon her partner and go home to PI for any other reason. So ask yourself where she comes from, is it super hot, like the plains of Northern Luzon, or a milder climate like mountainous regions etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Hi Russ
    thanks for the advice.
    I know now she has no hope of getting a tourist visa.
    My only option will be a fiance visa.
    I guess i just have to wait for her tourist visa denial and for our documents to be returned before we can apply.

My gf is from Butuan in northern Mindanao.
    I think she would be fine with the weather here.
    Its more likely she will be here during winter anyway.
    I just hope she would not be lonely and bored when i am working.

Thanks

Stew

Quote Originally Posted by tiger@tigress View Post
    Hi! dont worry she will get by! Tiger met lots of Filipina in preparation for my coming.... and im looking forward having dinner with all of them..... There is one girl whom he run after just to ask if she is Filipina but she is Thai and were having a dinner with her and her English husband as well!

Just make her feel at home
    Thanks for the advice Tiger.
    Maybe she could make some friends thru this site

Stew

Hey
    Just thought i'd let everyone know.
    My GF has an interview next wed 16th for a tourist visa.
    From what i heard about tourists visas i didn't even think that she would get an interview. I thought she would just be denied a visa without interview because she is umemployed.
    So my fingers are corssed.

Thanks all
    Stew

who know"s?
    Filipina a born survivor!

Hey
    Just thought i'd let everyone know.
    My GF has an interview next wed 16th for a tourist visa.
    From what i heard about tourists visas i didn't even think that she would get an interview. I thought she would just be denied a visa without interview because she is umemployed.
    So my fingers are corssed.

Thanks all
    Stew
    Hey! tell to your partner to explain to the ECO the reason why you chose visit visa for her and ask her to make a good reason why she's not currently working, no savings etc. I'm sure the ECO will ask all of these.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    Hey! tell to your partner to explain to the ECO the reason why you chose visit visa for her and ask her to make a good reason why she's not currently working, no savings etc. I'm sure the ECO will ask all of these.

Thanks Lady J
    I will take your advice and talk it through with my Gf

thanks again
    Stew

Hi everyone
    I got great news today, my gf was granted her tourist visa.
    Thank god cos i really wanted her to come over and see what its like her in Uk.
    So we didn't have to go throught the whole fiance visa process
    Maybe next time

I guess me meeting her 3 times in phili and taking her to Hong Kong once may have gone in my favour.
    Who knows, but she is coming. yippee!!

Thanks all

Stew

Hi everyone
    I got great news today, my gf was granted her tourist visa.
    Thank god cos i really wanted her to come over and see what its like her in Uk.
    So we didn't have to go throught the whole fiance visa process
    Maybe next time

I guess me meeting her 3 times in phili and taking her to Hong Kong once may have gone in my favour.
    Who knows, but she is coming. yippee!!

Thanks all

Stew
    congrats!!!

Thanks vb kelly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information