Thread: spouse visa questions, sponsorship letters, photos, bank statements etc

Red face spouse visa questions, sponsorship letters, photos, bank statements etc

(1) does the sponsorship letter from me and my wife's co-sponsor (her sister here in uk) have to be hand writen or can it be typed, i also have pictures of the house we all will live in and the advert for the house with all the room sizes

(2) what suporting documents does her co sponsor have to supply? 3 or 6 months bank statements? 3 or 6 months payslips? do all documents have to be originals, ive been overdrawn for one day twice in the last 6 months, but ive had over £550 since the start of may, and now have £1400, will this be accepted

(3) how many photos do i have to send, ive printed about 16 photos in different places wearing different clothes, 4 of them are wedding photos

(4) chat logs? is 2 complete chat per month enough, we used to chat on yahoo but since last year we have used msn, will have to do the (printscreen) option, for some reason msn dosnt save all chat, only the last 6 month, from last october 2010

(5)cards to eachother, we only have birthday cards and xmas cards, do i have to send the cards or can i send copies, also is it ok to send pictures of our gifts to each other?

(6)my job is temporary with an agency, do i need a letter of employment from them? I asked them for one last week and I'm still waiting for it, my net pay is £245 per week, after paying all my bills, car insurance, petrol, loans, board to my wifes sister, im left with £165 disposable income per week

I hope to send all the documents i have by the end of this month, hope you all can help me with these questions, your answers will hopefully help others here also

anyone? im stuck on these questions, where can i find the answers, the visa sites dont give detail, i dont whant to guess and loose my money huhu

Quote Originally Posted by \\\\ToNy//// View Post
    (1) does the sponsorship letter from me and my wife's co-sponsor (her sister here in uk) have to be hand writen or can it be typed, i also have pictures of the house we all will live in and the advert for the house with all the room sizes

(2) what suporting documents does her co sponsor have to supply? 3 or 6 months bank statements? 3 or 6 months payslips? do all documents have to be originals, ive been overdrawn for one day twice in the last 6 months, but ive had over £550 since the start of may, and now have £1400, will this be accepted

(3) how many photos do i have to send, ive printed about 16 photos in different places wearing different clothes, 4 of them are wedding photos

(4) chat logs? is 2 complete chat per month enough, we used to chat on yahoo but since last year we have used msn, will have to do the (printscreen) option, for some reason msn dosnt save all chat, only the last 6 month, from last october 2010

(5)cards to eachother, we only have birthday cards and xmas cards, do i have to send the cards or can i send copies, also is it ok to send pictures of our gifts to each other?

(6)my job is temporary with an agency, do i need a letter of employment from them? I asked them for one last week and I'm still waiting for it, my net pay is £245 per week, after paying all my bills, car insurance, petrol, loans, board to my wifes sister, im left with £165 disposable income per week

I hope to send all the documents i have by the end of this month, hope you all can help me with these questions, your answers will hopefully help others here also
    Hi Tony ,
    I will supply my twopence worth, the first thing to remember is to submit the application in the most orderly fashion that you can, submit all docs etc in the order that is required, so regarding the sponsorship letter I would suggest you type it. Make it clear and concise.
    When it comes to bank statements give 6 months..........as i understand it , they need to see your income and outgoing expenses, they need to see that what is left over is enough to be able to support your wife. supply originals and fotocopies
    Photo's??? just a few to prove the relationship
    Chat logs?? in our case we presented about 4 emails only but they were over a three yr period, providing telephone bills etc showing crazy Bills cos of calls to the Phils which are itemised were also submitted by us, again half a dozen or so.......we also sent snail mail letters all dated to bolster evidence.
    If you can prove that you have £165 disposable income per week my guess is that sounds pretty good.

At the end of the day not only does it get dark but it is all up to you to get as much info as possible.
    I agree its a pain , and I for one think that the UKBA website is not very clear at all in some areas.
    In our case we were even given the wrong web address from Uk embassy for the visa application.
    We called UK embassy maybe 10 times to get clarification on things only to be cut off after pressing 1 for this...2 for that etc every time we were cut off (this was in the Phils) and it leaves you sooooooooo frustrated.
    I know how you are feeling ....we felt at a loss sometimes
    Keep ya chin up
    I hope others who are more knowledgeable than me can enlighten you some more.
    Bottom line...........just get everything as tight as you can .
    Hope I have been of some help

Good luck Tony mate
    I know that you will both be together soon.

Hi Tony,

As far as I remembered mine (2008)...as follows:

1. we have it type written. Picture of the house-that's lovely. U supply all the house document (if rented/own). In the principal sponsor's letter, u need to mentioned e.g 3 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 toilet & bath, 1 back garden, kitchen..etc, how many people lives with you (or living alone till spouse comes). Yearly income & the name of the company u work with.
    2. the co-sponsor will mentioned in her letter that she knew ur spouse for e.g a year through emails, chat, etc. & that she can help both of you financially in cases of emergency. about 3 bank statements for the last 6 months will do. If u submit original, make sure u have a photocopy of it.
    3. have your photos handy because they will just select it. Out from the photos that I brought, they only ask for one. (our first meeting 2006) as they said the proof I have had was enough like (holiday receipts, hotel accomodation, marriage contract, etc....
    4. chat logs, just print at least 3 from different chat logs u used. At least a few from the first (very important), then some are recent not totally all. U can tell them during the interview. In the chat logs, the communication should be about serious relationship, plans, etc...u can also provide emails if u have.
    5.1 birthday card/ valentines card will do...they will return it after. For gifts, u may submit the original receipts of the gifts u bought. They will explain to u on which documents are to be return & u can ask them anytime if u have questions with regards to this matter.
    6. If u cannot supply a contract or a certification that you are connected from the HR, payslips will do.

Don't staple or clips anything as they will ask you to get rid of it all. Anyway, they will give u instructions on what to do when you are there.

Wish u all the luck. Keep us posted with the progress.

heres the checklist of documents for spouse Tony, let your wife download / print and arrange all the documents according to the checklist
    http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/images/Sett..._by_spouse.pdf

its formal to type and sign all the sponsor letters
    and dont forget the 'English test'' certificate
    good luck!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

This is a great help for us in future visa applications. Cheers for all the info

You should always check the website for the latest requirements as I think the checklist in the earlier thread is now out of date (states VAF4 OCT 2007, which is now VAF4A NOV 2010)

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoap...docschecklist/

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/...docssettlement

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/.../1903073/vaf4a

thanks all, ill have a good read at your replies and the links this weekend, no time at the moment, all i seam to do is worksleepworksleepworksleep,
    i had a quik look at the one link from rusty, i need to send photocopies of all the original documents, payslips? statments? ect?
    ive just been to get a notary of my wifes passport, cost £10, can i use a notary of her mortgage agreement, or is the original needed

will my wife have to print and fill in the vaf4a forms or will she be supplyed with the forms when she applyes for her visa.
    also my bank account is stil under £1500 because of mistakes made by the job agency, my next bank statment will only show upto the 15th july, can i get a balance certificate from the bank when im over £1500

Thread Information