Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hotel in manila

Respected Member
    I stayed at The Jupiter Suites on corner of Jupiter Ave and Makati Ave last time, the rooms are big, very clean, modern, decent bathroom, very friendly staff, decent breakfast, it's a low rise building so no waiting half an hour for a lift to take you to the 40th floor like in some Makati hotels There are loads of decent restaurants within a minutes walk - McD, Jollibee, KFC, Mang Inasal, Yoo-hoo, Andoks a Japanese/Korean place next door, Bacolod Chicken and dozens more along Jupiter Ave. It's a bit pricey, 3700 a night for a deluxe room but they will do a deal, I got them down to 2500 a night and have just booked again for Dec/Jan and got them down to 2350 a night inc breakfast

I didnt know they would deal mate. I will try at bayview.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I didnt know they would deal mate. I will try at bayview.
    I always ask for a deal when I book a hotel, some will and some won't, but if you don't ask you don't get

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    I always ask for a deal when I book a hotel, some will and some won't, but if you don't ask you don't get
    Absolutely, nothing to lose. I always do that also. It's amazing the deals you can get even world wide by just asking/suggesting. (and having a silver tongue)

In April I got 65% discount at W hotel in Barcelona. Wonderful
    Mind you still b****y mahal.

Banned
    I had a good week in the H2O Hotel at Ocean Park. Very nice and reasonably priced. Next to Rizal Park.

i allways ask even when booking the marriot top floor ocean view and its our honeymoon too, sometimes work sometimes dont but allways ask

yes laslid bayview is near ocean park. Too expensive for me though . Had a great night in rizal though. The fountain show was on. And I felt safe.

Banned
    Yes. I saw the fountain show from my bedroom window.....

Always contact the hotel directly, you'll usually get a much better deal than the online sites.
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Always contact the hotel directly, you'll usually get a much better deal than the online sites.
    Absolutely and if they have their own website, you usually get a better description of the hotel and facilities. In addition I usually check out the reviews on www.tripadviser.com I know they have come in for some criticism recently, but I've never had any problems with their reviews

edit: some hotelliers I've spoken to say that the hotal search sites take a 10% referral fee, and by dealing direct with the hotel you will usually get at least 10% off, plus you don't normally have to pay until you arrive or even on checkout. Some of the referral sites take the money upfront

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    ......Some of the referral sites take the money upfront
    I spent a good bit of time at Island Cove in Cavite ( a nice family resort ), and I found that some days it was cheaper to book directly with the hotel and some days cheaper to go with an agent, depending on the day. But I noticed that when booking with the agent I had to pay up front. Yes.

Respected Member
    Something else to consider with referral sites, often the prices they quote don't include 12% VAT, 10% service charge or breakfast

I always book with agoda. Maybe im making a mistake.

Banned
    Yes me too. But I sometimes found that it was cheaper to book through Agoda than through the hotel directly, but not always. It depended on the day in question.

Respected Member
    I used to use Agoda, but their prices are exclusive of charges as listed above and they take payment at time of booking. I've found that Asiarooms.com and asiatravel.com quote inclusive prices and don't normally take any money. It's always worth checking the different sites as well as dealing direct, but better to be aware of the pitfalls and omissions

Seems like hit and miss to me. I have have has no trouble with agoda though.

Respected Member
    Seems like hit and miss to me. I have have has no trouble with agoda though.
    Agoda are fine if everything goes well and you don't need to contact them. I had real problems with them in April 2010, they are based in Thailand and the only numbers they give out are their Thai numbers (no free call numbers). My KLM flight to Manila kept being cancelled or delayed due to the Icelandic volcano and I had to ammend my hotel bookings. I made at least a dozen calls, left voicemails, sent faxes, e-mails, had conversations with them in very poor English. All in all it took 2 or 3 days of real stress to change my reservation dates at The Red Coconut in Boracay and they wouldn't refund the money for a hotel I booked somewhere else. Personally I've not used them since and wouldn't use them again. However, to be fair to them, I used them in Jan 2010 and had no problems - although I had no reason to contact them that time. Just be careful of their prices though, what you see isn't what you pay

never had a problem with agoda, always good service

Hi Ian

just wondering if KLM were helpful during the disruption, they were generally terrible and are in court now over their refusal to get people home. I was stuck in Hong Kong for 9 days (just as well I used to live there and have good friends rto put me up as hotels were full due to Canton fair and are bloody expensive anyway).
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    Hi Ian

just wondering if KLM were helpful during the disruption, they were generally terrible and are in court now over their refusal to get people home. I was stuck in Hong Kong for 9 days (just as well I used to live there and have good friends rto put me up as hotels were full due to Canton fair and are bloody expensive anyway).
    Not really Scott Initially they wanted about £100 to change the dates and re-issue my ticket. Fortunately American Express Travel took this up on my behalf and after a lot or arguing KLM backed down, and all I had to pay was £25 to re-issue the ticket, which I was still annoyed about.
    Good job you had alternative arrangements in HK...I hope you made the most of your extra days holiday

[QUOTE=Good job you had alternative arrangements in HK...I hope you made the most of your extra days holiday[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately my then employer has offices in HK so I was at work along with A French and German refugee at the same time. They were happy to have someone to show them the town as it were.
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Respected Member
    Shame about having to work Scott, but at least you were stuck somewhere you know and love. HK is one of my favorite places, even if it is a bit expensive. It could have been much worse, you could have been stuck in Kabul or Karachi

Respected Member
    I used to like Agoda, but recently their prices have gone up and redeeming the Agoda Points has become more hassle then its worth. I think they've gone downhill, and I agree with the price excluding taxes etc is a bit of an annoyance.
    www.trivago.co.uk and www.travelsupermarket.com let you search search multiple websites for prices.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    And better still get your filipino partner to call the hotel for the booking and your get the reduced local filipino price,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information