Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel in manila

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila

Hotel in manila

Which hotels are you good people using these days when your in Manila? Its been a couple of years since we where last out there and alot of things can change in that time as you all know.

I was going to try the Best western again but there is nothing available for the dates I want. Hotels I've stayed at in the past are "Manila hotel", Hyatt, Intercontinetal and Las Palmas (don't want to go there again as they gave me food poisoning)

Obviously the nicer the hotel the better but keeping the price resonable is important.
    It's been emontional

Century park hotel

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

marriott, always

I always stay at the Marriot at Resorts World too - free shuttle bus to the hotel from airport! Very useful!

I have stayed at the Hyatt but prefer location at resorts World personally.

Tone

its a nice place the marriot but you have to be in the pool am because the sun disappears after dinner to the other side

dusit hotel

I've just spent a few days in City Garden, Makati. Very nice, good food, includes internet and breakfast, as well as jacuzzi/pool. I'll be back there next week
    Last edited by raynaputi; 18th July 2011 at 10:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I've just spent a few days in Garden City, Makati. Very nice, good food, includes internet and breakfast, as well as jacuzzi/pool. I'll be back there next week
    +1 i also stayed there, it was fine, nice little bar around the corner on the street, interesting to watch the workers plying their trades lol
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I've just spent a few days in City Garden, Makati. Very nice, good food, includes internet and breakfast, as well as jacuzzi/pool. I'll be back there next week
    Yo! Always stay here, very large and a bit impersonal but value for money is amazing in Manila, even the 1600 peso rooms are very decent and clean with proper " strong" hot water showers and good aircon. Professional throughout, highly reccommended.

Right then I've just booked two nights in the Marriott in manila through Agoda website. Got a delux room with breakfast through a Visa promotion and a 20% early bird discount. Cost $371.56 or 237.20 quid.

I'm toying with going back to the Intercontinental and trying to get a suite for our last two nights of our holiday but I'll see how the funds are.

Does anyone know of a good hotel in tacloban?
    It's been emontional

thats not bad we was there for 3 weeks the other year

there's Leyte Park Hotel in Tacloban City....I dont know about other hotels in that area if they're quite good....there's also Asia's Star Hotel, La Rica Hotel....the best hotels I only know so far are Leyte Park Hotel and McArthur's Park Hotel but the latter is under major renovation and I think change of management.
    love makes life worth living

We stayed in Leyte park hotel about 4 years ago and it was getting very run down and alot of the rooms where in a very poor state. I don't know what its like now though. i've heard varying things about McArthur park but if its under renovation I'll give it a wide berth.

Any other suggestions folks?
    It's been emontional

For Tacloban City you could do a lot worse than hotel Alejandro

We stayed for 3 nights during last year. (Got a good promo as some repair work going on but no probs)
    Found it nice and clean, comfortable and with very friendly helpful staff.
    I'd consider it an average hotel but it's good value for money. Besides there's no way to compare good Manila hotels with those in Tacloban, but this hotel is very reasonable and in a reasonable location too.

Respected Member
    IF I stay in Manila, I use the Best Western or City Garden, both great hotels and good value for money. In Makati, I've used the Citadel a few times, but it's a dump. I've booked up to use th Jupiter Suites next time, a bit more expensive, but I had a look around last time I was there and the rooms look nice for the money (3K a night, but I negotiated them down to 2.5K for a deluxe room).

I'll be in Tacloban by Friday on official trip, I'll just ask around if they know a good hotel. I think I heard that Leyte Park underwent renovation a year ago. I'll keep you posted. I'm not that familiar with hotels in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnote143 View Post
    I'll be in Tacloban by Friday on official trip, I'll just ask around if they know a good hotel. I think I heard that Leyte Park underwent renovation a year ago. I'll keep you posted. I'm not that familiar with hotels in that area.
    Thanks sweetnote that'll be good of you. We did like the location of leyte park but it was turning into a bit of a dump.
    It's been emontional

Respected Member
    I was meant to go to Tacloban last year before the Icelandic Volcano scuppered my plans. I did a lot of research on Trip Adviser and various other travel sites. The overwhelming advice was don't go anywhere other than The Alejandro, everywhere else is way past it's best, decaying and flea ridden. The rates weren't too bad, 1800 a night from memory. I had several e-mail exchanges with the owner and he was very pleasant and understanding regarding my unforseen cancellation

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    I was meant to go to Tacloban last year before the Icelandic Volcano scuppered my plans. I did a lot of research on Trip Adviser and various other travel sites. The overwhelming advice was don't go anywhere other than The Alejandro, everywhere else is way past it's best, decaying and flea ridden. The rates weren't too bad, 1800 a night from memory. I had several e-mail exchanges with the owner and he was very pleasant and understanding regarding my unforseen cancellation
    Your right about the hotels there. They do seem to go downhill quite rapidly. I was leaning towards the Alejandro actually. Bridal suite is 1750 and the delux is about 1650 I think.
    It's been emontional

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Your right about the hotels there. They do seem to go downhill quite rapidly. I was leaning towards the Alejandro actually. Bridal suite is 1750 and the delux is about 1650 I think.
    just got back yesterday....I only had an hour stop over in Tacloban but you're right, I havent noticed any new hotel. I guess Hotel Alejandro is a better choice than other old hotels in Tacloban....so far the changes I've seen is the Robinson Mall, the biggest mall in Tacloban City

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    just got back yesterday....I only had an hour stop over in Tacloban but you're right, I havent noticed any new hotel. I guess Hotel Alejandro is a better choice than other old hotels in Tacloban....so far the changes I've seen is the Robinson Mall, the biggest mall in Tacloban City

Respected Member
    Try the southern cross hotel just off UN on del pilar st or the Duck inn just a bit further up del pilar st or Pearl manila hotel on crner gen lunar and taft av is ok, they have a pool on 9th floor ideal for soaking up the rays. Nice little places and little on the pocket and much better than some of the big hotels, most of hotels in manila are very over priced and of a low standerd compared with uk.

Respected Member
    About a year ago I saw a documentary about Leyte region, I'm pretty certain the presenter was staying at The Alejandro, and he was saying it had a lot of history. During the Japanese occupation in WW2, The Alejandro was the regional HQ for the Japanese Army officers. Looking at the photo's of the hotels in Tacloban on the internet, I don't think any of them have been modernised since the end of WW2

I was there last week staying with my fiancee but saw the Richmonde Hotel in the Eastwood Mall complex in Quezon City. Looked nice but no idea what the rooms were like or the costs.

as we only ever go to Manila en route to Palwan or Pangasinan we always used a hotel nr to airport or Mall of Asia.. for a long time we used Mabuhay Manor (about 2800 to 3300 pesos) clean, good food and has a swimming pool just next to the Heritage in Pasay, now we tend to use the Microtel right by the Mall. If we want some luxury then we use my Accor Loyalty points and stay in the Sofitel Philippine Plaza.. security like Fort Knox but very nice.
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

I use Microtel in the US, and just used it for a week in Eagle Ridge, Cavite. They are always clean and the staff friendly, and it includes breakfast.
    Keith - Administrator

Yes indeed, one advantage of chain hotels is the uniformity of service, cleanliness etc, not always guaranteed but usually the case
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Having spent a couple of weeks in the City Garden, Makati, I can recommend it ... clean, helpful staff, good food includes breakfast
    Keith - Administrator

i will recommend BAYWATCH TOWER (malate)...been in some of the different hotels in manila but seems baywatch was the cleanest of them all,u can choose from studio type,1 bedroom or family room...each room got a veranda facing to manila bay

I stayed at city gardens the fist time i visited but the last few times i have stayed at Bayview.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information