Thread: Hotel in manila

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    I was meant to go to Tacloban last year before the Icelandic Volcano scuppered my plans. I did a lot of research on Trip Adviser and various other travel sites. The overwhelming advice was don't go anywhere other than The Alejandro, everywhere else is way past it's best, decaying and flea ridden. The rates weren't too bad, 1800 a night from memory. I had several e-mail exchanges with the owner and he was very pleasant and understanding regarding my unforseen cancellation

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    I was meant to go to Tacloban last year before the Icelandic Volcano scuppered my plans. I did a lot of research on Trip Adviser and various other travel sites. The overwhelming advice was don't go anywhere other than The Alejandro, everywhere else is way past it's best, decaying and flea ridden. The rates weren't too bad, 1800 a night from memory. I had several e-mail exchanges with the owner and he was very pleasant and understanding regarding my unforseen cancellation
    Your right about the hotels there. They do seem to go downhill quite rapidly. I was leaning towards the Alejandro actually. Bridal suite is 1750 and the delux is about 1650 I think.
    It's been emontional

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Your right about the hotels there. They do seem to go downhill quite rapidly. I was leaning towards the Alejandro actually. Bridal suite is 1750 and the delux is about 1650 I think.
    just got back yesterday....I only had an hour stop over in Tacloban but you're right, I havent noticed any new hotel. I guess Hotel Alejandro is a better choice than other old hotels in Tacloban....so far the changes I've seen is the Robinson Mall, the biggest mall in Tacloban City
    love makes life worth living

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    just got back yesterday....I only had an hour stop over in Tacloban but you're right, I havent noticed any new hotel. I guess Hotel Alejandro is a better choice than other old hotels in Tacloban....so far the changes I've seen is the Robinson Mall, the biggest mall in Tacloban City
    love makes life worth living

Thread Information