Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: time to post my documents, who is best to post with

ive printed the vaf4 and ill send it tomorrow with all my other documents, i havnt filled anything in

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    you mean...you didnt fill it in already

you can either print it off and send it to her(have you already send the docs and the vaf4 filled in?)or login and fill it in online and print it off and let her sign it

does your wife know what she as to do when filling in the form?

try and do as much as possible to save her getting worried, before you send anything make sure you have double checked it all.

do you have any more questions before you send it?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

thanks, ive just filled in some of the things that she wouldnt know, im sure she can do the rest, im quite happy with everything now, ive just weighed is all in the 2 folders and is 2,5kg
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    does your wife know what she as to do when filling in the form?

try and do as much as possible to save her getting worried, before you send anything make sure you have double checked it all.

do you have any more questions before you send it?

thankyou so much steve, where are you now my friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Good luck Tony my friend, fingers crossed for you and Liz

Quote Originally Posted by \\\\ToNy//// View Post
    thankyou so much steve, where are you now my friend
    Still here in Uk now, but I am off to Phils on Sept 1st to see my asawa ko. Good to know you are getting all your things in order, good luck buddy.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Fill it in online and get her to SAVE it. It will stay live for 7 days without being saved again. Then you check it. When it's all done, she submits it and prints off a copy.
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    You need to supply a photocopy of EVERYTHING in your visa app for the VFS to keep.
    ....does EVERYTHING means as well as the chatlogs,emails,printed etickets,money transfer confirmation and money transfer reciepts????thought i just need to photo copy the original documents...thanks in advance!

Look up the word 'everything' in a dictionary .... you need to supply the VFS with a duplicate copy of what you are giving to the UKBA.
    Keith - Administrator

sorry for being DAFT win2win ...and thanks for the reply!!!

ive printed the vaf4 and ill send it tomorrow with all my other documents, i havnt filled anything in
    Hi Tony, i just want to add some info here ... first you need to do an online application .. fill it all what ever the question there that applicable to you and your wife. She need to help you answering on it coz it is for her and for you if she dont have any computer you need to talk to her online at the net. Then after you done answering it all you need to print it then it is the one you attache to all your documents. Not the print one with no answer. The last page said the signature of your wife then the date so when you have it then she can put her signature and the date when you done it online. When i am there inside the VFS they said that they only accept the online application printed with signature and date.

If you send the documents now you still have time to talk to her before she submit her application ..talk to her online so you can have the right application just do it together.. it is the question and answer between you and your wife so whatever you dont know or she dont know you are there and she is there to talk on it.

About the folder, anything you use as long as she can bring it safe inside the VFS coz she will out it all in folder and give the original and the copy to the teller. If you have an online appointment it is good coz she only need to wait her name to be called. Nothing to do inside VFS once you are inside just sit and wait your turn then after she submit the docs she need to wait to be called again for biometrics just do finger prints , ask some question then photo shot after that she can go home and wait for the result of her visa or she can roaming around Manila.

I hope it can help..and we wish you good luck on it all.

ladybug&sim11uk

hi lady i vy

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Ivy View Post
    Hi Sim...So no need no notarized it even I cannot show his original passport right? I have already most of thedocuments but I am still waiting for my English test result..Hopefully I can apply on Aug 22 there...Good luck Tony...
    i will also apply this month but i hope i got all the documents from my husband till tomorrow

i hope we can meet there

Banned
    Hi,
    I have been advised that a notarised copy of my passport is not required as my wife has my birth certificate which seemingly is enough.

I was worried about this as the passport has my arrival and departure stamps for 2 visits to phils, however I have also submitted a heap of other material such as receipts gained in Phils, air ticket stubs to and from Phils and paperwork from the UK embassy in Manila.

update, sent all the documents to my wife via dhl, i tracked it online, went to birmingham, then to east midlands airport, then onto hong kong then to manila by monday, then it all buggered up :(, said online that i needed to contact then to give correct address, this happened because the lady in staples didnt type the first line of the address, she just wrote it on the sticker,
    son i called dhl and gave them the address, and emailed it to them on tuesday, thursday i called dhl in manila, the lady talked so fast and i couldnt understand a word, so i got my wife to ring there, and they said that the parcel is in the cabanatuan dhl, so my wife went there to pic it up herself,
    :( was so stessful not knowing where the parcel was, would of helped if dhl rang me or my wife or emailed me to say its in cabanataun, but a is all good now and wife has the parcel, we have done the online application and will double check everything this weekend thanks all

Banned
    Well, I have just posted mine by TNT and have hit a snag already as for some reason, despite specifying Dasmarinas Cavite, TNT have it as Maragondon Cavite.

Cost 49 quid taking about 10 days to get there.

So have been frantically trying sort this one out.....

DHL is £35 for an average of 3 days
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Just found out that my wife is a bit relaxed when it comes to her zip code. She uses 4112 for Dasmarinas. But 4112 is for Maragondon and 4114 is for Dasmarinas.

Thats mainly why the parcel is heading for the wrong place. It has taken a few phone calls to try and rectify it.

yes dhl is £35 but all my document didnt look like they would fit in there envalope, good luck with your parcel lastlid, i know how stressful it is

Banned
    Well, it would have taken 2 days, Win2Win, as it went out for delivery after 2 days but to the wrong part of Cavite , so it is sitting in Manila waiting for delivery on wednesday owing to the holidays.

All the photocopies are in mine too, so that might explain why it is a litttle bit pricey - not sure.

Yes, Tony, super stressful yesterday. No sleep. A million phone calls.

Banned
    The Spouse Visa application parcel arrived today, in 3 days (would have been 2 if it wasnt for the zip code mishap). Weight 3 kgs. Cost £49.00. Carrier TNT. Done, thank god.

Hopefully VFS visit at the end of the week.

Banned
    .......... but a is all good now and wife has the parcel, we have done the online application and will double check everything this weekend thanks all
    Hi Tony, are you thinking of using the VIP lounge. I was thinking of it so that my wife can avoid queuing and use the photocopying facility etc

My wife will probably be going in to VFS Manila thursday or friday.

Anybody had any experience of the VIP lounge? Does the photocopier work?

Cheers

just spent 2 hours trying to sort out 1 question on the online application, it asks(given name(s)(as shown on passport) she only put her first name, i spent 2 hours trying to explain that she should put her first and middle name in this box,. in the end i had to call her sister. and she agreed that it has to be her first and middle name that is shown on her passportrealy exhasted now and just want this visa sorted onece and for all

Banned
    I empathise with you Tony as I have had similar problems, not exactly the same but similar. I think after about 4 hours today we got everything sorted. My head is fried.

We are looking at Friday 2nd for the VFS appointment.

Tony,your on the last stages now hopefully,dont falter,everyones got their fingers crossed for you,be lucky

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    I was hoping for some opinion on the forum on the VIP lounge option. It is an extra expense. But considering the money already forked out it appears to be a good idea. My wife has a tough journey (10 tricycles and a million jeepney rides from Dasma to VFS - slight exageration yes - with a heavy parcel and she is only 4ft 11" tall !) . So I felt it wold be easier for her, on what will probably be a tough day. I could do without the extra expense, I have to admit, but I think it might be money well spent.

I think there was a thread on this but it is closed, I recall. Anybody recently used it and found it useful?

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I was hoping for some opinion on the forum on the VIP lounge option. It is an extra expense. But considering the money already forked out it appears to be a good idea. My wife has a tough journey (10 tricycles and a million jeepney rides from Dasma to VFS - slight exageration yes - with a heavy parcel and she is only 4ft 11" tall !) . So I felt it wold be easier for her, on what will probably be a tough day. I could do without the extra expense, I have to admit, but I think it might be money well spent.

I think there was a thread on this but it is closed, I recall. Anybody recently used it and found it useful?
    I haven't used it personally, but two of our recent family visitors (one still here) have used it.
    yes, it's more expense, but I agreed to pay it as all the feedback was positive.
    Helpful and friendly, air-con,photocopier,snacks,drinks,no long queue and no wasted times. Both our visitors said it was great and was so convenient.

As always, it's a personal choice. Feedback to me has been very positive despite the cost.

Banned
    Thanks Terpe.

I know that there is no advantage to be gained in terms of the assessment. However, do you know if they help a nervous applicant ensure they get the materials together at the point of submission ( not so much a check on the content but more a check on photocopies and order etc )? Or do they take a step back on going that far?

ok thanks so much guys, what order should my wife do things next, the online application is ready to submit but i asked her to submit it at the cafe because she has no printer at home,
    what is the next step after submitting the online application, she used (visa4uk.fco.gov.uk)

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Thanks Terpe.

I know that there is no advantage to be gained in terms of the assessment. However, do you know if they help a nervous applicant ensure they get the materials together at the point of submission ( not so much a check on the content but more a check on photocopies and order etc )? Or do they take a step back on going that far?
    From all reports I have had they do not take a step back. In fact it seems the opposite.
    They do everything they can to calm you down and to get everything together and in order.

Look here:-
    http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/additionalservice.html#1

And take a look at the posting from stevie.c here:-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....remium-Service

think i have a problen, the online application is saved for 7 days, is that 7 days from the day we started to fill it in or 7 days from the last time it was saved, we last saved it was yesterday, but 7 days from starting was the application was last monday or tuesday

Your incomplete application will only be kept for 7 days. If you do not retrieve and complete the application within 7 days it will be deleted and you will need to make a new application.

PLANNED MAINTENANCE 30/08/2011 to 31/08/2011: Visa4UK will be offline for maintenance from 09:00 on 30th August until 17:00 on 31st August 2011. For further information please visit www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk / www.ukvisas.gov.uk.

ill answer my own question here, it says this: your saved visa application will be available for you to retrieve until: 05/09/2011,
    so that means it is saved for 7 days from the last time i saved it.

anyway i hope your all haveing a great weekend apart from the cold weather

ok thanks so much guys, what order should my wife do things next, the online application is ready to submit but i asked her to submit it at the cafe because she has no printer at home,
    what is the next step after submitting the online application, she used (visa4uk.fco.gov.uk)
    Hi Tony,
    i dunno if this is of any help but when i applied online for Spouse visa (11/07) I completed everything from the UK ,submitted made note of the reference no and password and then emailed the link to my wife so that she could just print it off in Phils to hand in with the rest of the documents at the VFS,she got her visa on the 15/07 and i'll be travelling to phils on the 08/09 to bring her back

Anyway goodluck in your application as Tawi2 said all our fingers & toes are crossed for you and Im sure you'll have the desired result soon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information