Thread: ILR Processing Time

ILR Processing Time

Hello Everyone,

I have forwarded my ILR application last June 25 and until now haven't receive my passport/documents back (though receive the confirmation from HO that they received my application).Has anyone here applied recently and how long it usually takes to get the result?Getting a little bit nervous now.....

Thanks in advance and have a good weekend everyone.....

Classygirl

Hello Classygirl,sorry I dont have any to share,I will apply ILR soon as well,pls keep posting information about your application.I hope you will hear from HO soon and get back your documents....

My wife applied back in February and it took about 4 weeks to process.

Hope you hear soon

My wife applied June 10 got it back approved July 14. But we did use the local authority checking service where they check and photocopy your documents then fwd them to the Home Office. This does speed up the application as the first part of the process is already complete. Dont worry I am sure you will be hearing from them very soon.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    On 'average', most applications to the UKBA, tend to take about 3 months. I would start worrying if it is taking longer. You can always give them a call 14 weeks after your application date.

Quote Originally Posted by Transire View Post
    On 'average', most applications to the UKBA, tend to take about 3 months. I would start worrying if it is taking longer. You can always give them a call 14 weeks after your application date.
    ... three months is the projected date - in so far as it is they AIM to process all postal applications within that timeframe - although (unless they're having a particularly busy period) most tend to be completed a lot sooner.

Respected Member
    Hello Classygirl,

Wishing you all the best in your application for ILR. I am due to submit on the 30th as well. How did you get confirmation that they have received your documents if you don't mind me asking?

Just keep your hopes up and pray.

Best regards,

as i was reading this thread...i was just a bit confused why it took long times to others? I therefore conclude that it must depend to the area where we belong, which office we submit & applying personally is better than sending thru parcel. but it's a choice to all.

the reason why I'm confused bcoz in my case, we phone the call centre, had appointment at solihull, birmingham, download & print the form from their website, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...n/peoservices/
    they will text u for reminders on your apt. & submit all the documents needed personally. was called to approach the officer in the glass window w/ my hubby. check all the documents then was advised to come back for an hour & was allowed to go out to do some shopping, come back & pick up my ILR stick in my passport with a letter from them on the same day. it's just a half day for me.

wish all the best who are waiting, processing & to all who will soon process theirs as well.
    If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

Ah yes, Maria ... MY wife applied for HER ILR in person at our nearest PEO in Glasgow - and paid £300 extra for the "privilege", I have to add! But WE felt it was worth it, because - like you - we were able to have everything "done and dusted" within roughly a couple of hours - unlike postal applications, which - as I already mentioned above - CAN take anything up to 3 months to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Ah yes, Maria ... MY wife applied for HER ILR in person at our nearest PEO in Glasgow - and paid £300 extra for the "privilege", I have to add! But WE felt it was worth it, because - like you - we were able to have everything "done and dusted" within roughly a couple of hours - unlike postal applications, which as I already mentioned above - CAN take anything up to 3 months to decide.
    ah yes...but paying extra charge??? mmm i can't remember lols. got to ask hubby yeah my apt was 1:10pm but was advised to come an hour before & got my ILR at 4pm & it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria B View Post
    ah yes...but paying extra charge??? mmm i can't remember lols. got to ask hubby yeah my apt was 1:10pm but was advised to come an hour before & got my ILR at 4pm & it's worth it.
    O~h, yes ... £300 'Premium Service' charge!

O~h, yes ... £300 'Premium Service' charge!
    lols. i really can't remember & hubby said we didn't pay extra as we do it ourselves. we download the form from their website & sign it. ahmmm, i will find my receipt in my scrapbook lols. don't want to mislead the readers. check it in free time. it's already quarter to 12. will let u know

Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    Hello Classygirl,sorry I dont have any to share,I will apply ILR soon as well,pls keep posting information about your application.I hope you will hear from HO soon and get back your documents....
    thanks Pat,will post any update on my application!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    My wife applied back in February and it took about 4 weeks to process.

Hope you hear soon
    thanks Rusty....

Quote Originally Posted by Jenky View Post
    My wife applied June 10 got it back approved July 14. But we did use the local authority checking service where they check and photocopy your documents then fwd them to the Home Office. This does speed up the application as the first part of the process is already complete. Dont worry I am sure you will be hearing from them very soon.
    thanks Jenky,just crossing my fingers that there's no problem with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Transire View Post
    thanks Transire!!!

... three months is the projected date - in so far as it is they AIM to process all postal applications within that timeframe - although (unless they're having a particularly busy period) most tend to be completed a lot sooner.
    Thanks Arthur Little for the info!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maria B View Post
    lols. i really can't remember & hubby said we didn't pay extra as we do it ourselves. we download the form from their website & sign it. ahmmm, i will find my receipt in my scrapbook lols. don't want to mislead the readers. check it in free time. it's already quarter to 12. will let u know
    Personal application at the Enquiry Office is NOT FREE. It is a premium service at a highly premium price.
    I have the opinion that it's worth the extra cost for me.
    For any advice given that based on a guess, be sure to mention that. That's only fair to those who look for help and avoids misleading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    Hello Classygirl,

Wishing you all the best in your application for ILR. I am due to submit on the 30th as well. How did you get confirmation that they have received your documents if you don't mind me asking?

Just keep your hopes up and pray.

Thanks Braveheart,they sent me a letter about a week after I mailed my application that they received it.Good luck to your application.......

hello classygirl the processing time for ilr by post is up to 3 months...as long as your documents are complete you don't have anything to worry about.

WOW £300 back in March 2010 IT WAS £200 extra making it £1020 total but we did not want her passport tied up that long
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by acs View Post
    hello classygirl the processing time for ilr by post is up to 3 months...as long as your documents are complete you don't have anything to worry about.
    Thanks acs!!!kind regards,

Ah yes, Maria ... MY wife applied for HER ILR in person at our nearest PEO in Glasgow - and paid £300 extra for the "privilege", I have to add! But WE felt it was worth it, because - like you - we were able to have everything "done and dusted" within roughly a couple of hours - unlike postal applications, which - as I already mentioned above - CAN take anything up to 3 months to decide.
    Cant seem to find an address for the PEO in Glasgow, do you remember where it is?

Glasgow public enquiry office

0870 606 7766

Festival Court, 200 Brand Street, Govan, Glasgow G51 1DH
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thank you all for the advises and morale support!!!!I received my ILR this morning and was so over the moon.....Best regards!!!!

Thread Information