Thread: long wait for appointment in giving notice of intention to marry

long wait for appointment in giving notice of intention to marry

heloo everyone good day! i never realize how really important to book dates here in advance until i arrive Uk becuase it takes time to get an appointment. i arrive london last july 22 and we had a provisional booking to marry on september.its says on the site that we have to confirm the marriage date and venue first before phoning a designated registry office for an appoinment to give notice.but when we give them a call the latest date available for an appointment is on october, two mothns away from now(august) and another 15 days of wait before we can register our marriage.our option is to change the marraige date again from september to november. my fiancee visa will expire on december and these make me worried becuase it might take time to get an appointment to submit an flr application nov. and dec. is busy months.and not sure to get an ppointment on these dates to submit my flr apllication before my visa expire.

1.is it really a long wait just to get an appointment in giving notice here in UK

2.how long will it normally take to get an appointment to submit your flr in person(we prefer this intead of post)

now i really have to calculate the time i can now understand why most of the members here only submitted thier flr application a month before thier visa expires

any comment advice is much apprecaited thanks!

Just now it does seem that many registry office's have limited availability.
    But I guess if October is the earliest date then that is the one you should grab.

Once married you can apply FLR there's not any problem as long as the application is made before the fiancee visa expires. Seems plenty of time to me.

If you really feel so uncomfortable and want to try to bring the date forward, consider getting married at some private venue.
    Or even rush off to Gretna Green

hi terpe thnks for the reply it made my mind at ease yes we get alredy the schedule on october, and will just make new arrangement for our most special day

Quote Originally Posted by ybba View Post
    hi terpe thnks for the reply it made my mine at ease yes we get alredy the schedule on october, and will just make new arrangement for our most special day
    Hi ybba, don't forget you can always make a personal appearance application at ta UKBA PEO for you FLR. It will be given to you on the same day.

Sorry to tell you that the additional cost is quite a lot though.
    If you can make the budget it IS well worth it.

hi terpe is personal appearance application means i can go to UKBA PEO anytime or should i get an appoinment first thru online or phone before going there.

yes its a very long wait we had to wait over a month to give notice of intention to marry we had to phone around all the other county reg offices as hertfordshire did not any appointments till the end of august when we phoned up june 20th. now only two weeks to go for our big day
    you can give notice anywhere in the uk you just have to inform them where you will be getting married as they need to have that if you change your mind once you give notice you will have to give notice again and pay again.
    We were told the reason for the long wait was in may the restriction was lifted for non EU citizens to come to the uk to get married and return to their country without a visa
    As life is to live so love is to give

Banned
    Also remember the Register Offices are choc-a-bloc full with criminals taking part in "Sham Marriages"

Here's a couple of recent reports

Man with 3 wives jailed
    http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/sit...5-wives-jailed

Bride and groom charged following sham marriage operation in Amargh
    http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/sit.../07armagh-sham

hi alanp with regards to the 7 days residency before you can give notice to a certain registrar as a filipino citizen how will you prove it to them? do the registrar actually ask papers like registration from local gp showing the date? or just my passport showing the date when i arrive here in UK?

i got the my jennie put on the council tax they amended it and sent out a new council tax bill with her name on it it only took a few days to arrive, and when Jennie registered with the local docter she got a letter from them for an appointment for a medical. and thoses letter were ok for the registrar if you only have just one form of id with your address on the will accept a letter form your fiance stating that you have been living at his address just put the date you arrived.

Alan
    As life is to live so love is to give

Quote Originally Posted by ybba View Post
    hi terpe is personal appearance application means i can go to UKBA PEO anytime or should i get an appoinment first thru online or phone before going there.
    You will need an appointment.

thnks alanp and terpe for the replies

You get 6 months to marry which is plenty of time. You should always arrange everything when you arrive in the UK to ensure you are not put under any pressure to get things done.
    Keith - Administrator

According to the Milton Keynes registry office before May there was a Home Office ruling that non EU passport holders had to register via a form?
    Anyway since that need has gone the people in "the system" had to visit the registry offices and thats why there is a backlog.
    I'm booked to give notice on 24th October! Then we have to wait 15 days so we will now be aiming to wed mid November which is somewhat later than we wanted.

Good luck!

Tone

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Sorry to tell you that the additional cost is quite a lot though.
    Yes ... £300 extra ... ...

... but ...

If you can make the budget it IS well worth it.
    ... ! Cuts out the stressful waiting on the result ...

... You will need an appointment.
    ... contact your nearest PEO to arrange.

Thread Information