Thread: British passport interview

British passport interview

Hi everyone, i am new here and register myself mret, married to a British man and we have 2 kids together. I live in the uk for 5 years now. I am applying for British passport at the moment and having interview on Monday morning. Is there anyone here who done this already and could tell me what would be the questions to expect? Please I will appreciate any advice. God bless everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mret77 View Post
    Hi everyone, i am new here and register myself mret, married to a British man and we have 2 kids together. I live in the uk for 5 years now. I am applying for British passport at the moment and having interview on Monday morning. Is there anyone here who done this already and could tell me what would be the questions to expect? Please I will appreciate any advice. God bless everyone.
    Hi there, welcome to the forum,

Firstly, congratulations on completing your immigration journey.
    Secondly, do not feel at all anxious about this 'interview'. The interview is more like an informal friendly chat and will usually take less than 30 minutes.
    It's really just an indentity confirmation. The questions you get asked are just to confirm some key facts about you, that others may not know about.

First time applicants have this interview to try and stop identity fraud. Most of the questions will be similar to those on your Naturalisation Application.
    For some reason, they asked my wife lots of questions about her grandparents....most of which she could not answer.

The only reason that a passport would be denied is if you were not the person applying.

Hi Mret77

the questions when I went for the interview were simple ones

mainly to do with the passport form.

like what emails address I put on form

asked what bank I used, about family, mom & dads birthdays

I was a little nervous and forget what year my mom date of birth was in the interview

I not sure if be same for you as I'm british already
    but would of thought it ok as they are checking that you are
    the person on the application form

hope this helps

yes burdock, i think the questions are similar, when did you come to the uk, when did you apply for/or when was it granted etc, nothing to worry about, my wife couldn't remember some of the answers, but still got her passport within days of the interview
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hi there terpe. Thank you for your advice i appreciate it help me feel better. Will see how I get on next week.

Hi burdock. Thanks you for your help I appreciate it and make me feel better.

Hi joebloggs. Thank you for sharing your experience I appreciate it. Thought worth trying to ask some advice here. Will come back and see how I get on next week. Hope it will be fine.

Hi Mret, welcome to the forum. Goodluck on your interview
    "Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same."

Hi Mret77,

I am already 3 years now (last 11 Aug) on a spousal visa & haven't process my naturalization - then brit passport yet. Too many things to prioritize plus I will give birth on xmas day. For sure I will follow this thread for my future use but I am sure the question will be more about our background like life in the uk, family, work...

I would like to say good luck to your interview on Monday. Relax & chill.
    If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

Hi Maria,

Congratulations on your baby on the way. Christmas day ma jod well plan. Is it your first one? I am expecting my 3rd baby on early february too. Same many things to prioritize. I do this now because we are planning for holiday outside UK. You have indefinite leave so its ok.

Thank you for wishing me luck on monday.

God bless!

hello and welcome

Hi Maria,

Congratulations on your baby on the way. Christmas day ma jod well plan. Is it your first one? Thank you for wishing me luck on monday.

God bless!
    Hiya Mret77,

thank you. We really plan for a baby this year but never thought it will be due on the xmas day & I am expecting a baby boy. it's my second child ( but my first child is from my ex)
    Congratulations to you too.
    i am not bothered with my british citizenship/ passport yet but it's in our list to do.
    Can't wait to read your success post in a weeks time. Something for me & for the readers to learn more tips. Again good luck for tomorrow.

Best regards,
    If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

Welcome Mret77 hope you do well in your passport interview.

Trust me when i say if you know your self your family and your local area as you would from living there your be fine

It took us longer when we went to Reading to take the interview to get to Reading and find the office. When the Wife went to take her interview I left her at the reception and sat out side over the Canal.

I had literally wallked out of the office a few paces to the Bridge over a short bridge found a seat sat down when i got a phone call the wife was ok and on her way out

They finished the questions the interviewer needed so quickly that they spent longer with chatting about where the interviewers mother had grown up which was near by where we lived.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Hello again my supportive friends here.

I would like to share you my day today. I had finally done my britpass interview today at victoria and im feeling good now. I was wet with pouring rain walking,looking for that passport services office and got there just on time. My hushband and kids waiting for me at the pub opposit the building. It did'nt took long though said will last 30 minutes but done in 5 minutes roughly.

They asked these:
    My complete name and speeled, birthday,home address,
    Who do i live with in my house,
    My hushband's birthday,
    My parent's name,birthdays,where they born,
    The person who signed at the back of my photo, job,age, how long i've known her,
    My morgage company, bank,
    What documents did i include in my app form.

That's all really and i asked if that was it can guaranty to get my passport but the interviewer said she is not allowed to tell me so said wait in 4-10 day give them a call if i dont receive it.

Will see if successful will you know later on. God bless.

Banned
    You will no doubt get it in 1 or 2 days it is already in an envelope addressed to you, I believe this farce of a so called interview is just too weed out some non too clever fraudsters. All the grubs that wanted to obtain a genuine passport under false pretences did so some time back long before the authorities closed the gate after the horse had bolted.

You may find the passport is "courier" delivered to you by an Afghan so called "asylum seeker" in a 25 year old Nissan Bluebird who is employed by the dubious firm the Passport Agency sub contracts for such tasks

Will see if successful will you know later on.
    You WILL be ... the Interview is merely a formality; here, and please keep us updated.

Hi everyone.

I am just happy to pronounce that i got my new britpass this morning two days after my intreview. Have been reading all peoples advice here and i managed all the questions confidently.Thank you guys

Banned
    Well done - I told you that it was already in an envelope addressed to you How was it delivered ?

Thread Information