Thread: Marrying in Phils in 4 weeks - what have I forgotten?

Marrying in Phils in 4 weeks - what have I forgotten?

Hi all,

I'm marrying my fiance in Butuan (Mindanao) on Sept 18th in civil wedding. I got all the embassy stuff covered (I hope) but I'm not clear on what happens after the wedding. We need NSO certified marriage certificate I believe for the subsequent Spouse Visa application - does anyone know how we go about organizing this, and how long it is likely to take?

Is there anything I should take to Ann in preparation for the visa app. (at least to save some courier fees later)?

Cheers for any input,
    Mark.

what have I forgotten?
    The BRIDE!!!
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    The BRIDE!!!
    Damn! I knew there was something!

Respected Member
    Mark
    The Civil Registry send marriage certificates to NSO in batches and dependant on how many weddings they do it can be 6 months before they even post it. I cant remember the exact term but you can get an expediated process, the civil registrar has a standard letter which needs to be couriered to NSO. We were told this would take 15 days to be input on the NSO computer but infact took nearer 2 months but still quicker than waiting for the batch. You can then process an application online to get your NSO certified copy.
    Anything official get about 4 copies as you need one for flippin' everything here. Some offices only accept NSO certificates dated the same year of the application, i.e. dont order them on 2011 paper if you dont tend to apply until 2012, order them next January but I'd still expediate the process. We got caught out with the wife's birth certicate and had to re-order. OIP.

Banned
    Hi

I have to say that I dont fully understand the process that we went through as it was all organised through my wife. But ours was a civil wedding (Manila) and I do know that it took only 5 weeks to get the NSO certificates through. My wife told me that they come through a lot quicker if it is a civil wedding. Why that shoule be I dont know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Hi all,

Is there anything I should take to Ann in preparation for the visa app. (at least to save some courier fees later)?

Cheers for any input,
    Mark.
    This was something I tried to work out in advance but at the stage you are now, that we were at in June, I didnt know what I know now. So I left the UK in June to get married, with some papers in my mit, but not nearly what I could have left with her.

It is worth pointing out that what makes up the majority of the weight in the parcel I have just sent to my wife are all the chat logs and emails. many of which have been generated after our June wedding.

In the end my parcel is quite a large one as it has all the photocopies in, mainly done that way to make it easy for the wife at the other end......

[QUOTE=MarkR;310382]Hi all,

I'm marrying my fiance in Butuan (Mindanao) on Sept 18th in civil wedding.

Congratulations to your upcoming wedding MarkR.
    If it's a civil wedding, u may advise the staff in charge of your wedding that you needed the NSO certified marriage certificate for important matters as they have contacts with the local nso to process your request & will arrange it for you. U may ask Ann to enquire about this. If you prefer to wait for the regular processing, yes it make take time or you're lucky if you can get it in a month's time as what BoholX mentioned that they sent the papers by batch. Ann can also check about this matter from the nearest local nso ofc or from the civil ofc where your marriage will take place.

For Ann's preparation for the visa you may apply online http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/applyonline/ & phone their call centre for appointment once you're done http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/callcentre.html
    There are also links where u can check if you have more enquiries.
    Once everything is in place, all u gotta do is to bring the papers/ documents that u think is needed on the day of Ann's appointment for payment, additional docs & biometric.

Wish you both all the best in life.
    If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

Congrats

well right on with maria B that's how it is

Thread Information