Thread: Gfs laptop fault

Gfs laptop fault

Hi - my gf (in manila) has a lenovo laptop that is not working. Its newish and still under warranty. But she is unable to explain to me properly what the problem is and I cant advise her as to whether its a warranty issue or its a virus/software issue that is not covered under warranty. Can anyone please suggest a trustworthy place/person she can take it who will offer the right kind of advice for her? TIA...

We need to know more of the problem .
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    We need to know more of the problem .
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

did it come with a recovery disc ?does it have recover built in? if so might be best to try reload it back to factory settings,

my toshiba has a built in recovery to reset back to factory settings, but i also made a recovery disc just incase,

it came with 3 months free antivirus fire wall ect, as most do , did she buy extension to this? or installed free ones? also adobe flash and java usualy need updating imediatly after purchase,if not they are a security risk, also windows upates, for windows 7,,, one of the service packs is dificult to install, and will keep failing unless you make sure fire walls , antvirus ect are not intefering ,
    if the lap top is not faulty then it could be any of the above reasons

Thanks for your replies, but I dont know what the problem is with her laptop. I was rather hoping someone may know a shop or person in Manila who can at least determine what is wrong so we can make a decision as to if the problem is hardware or software related. I dont think the machine has a recovery disk, but looking on the internet it does have a recovery partition.

The recovery partition will recover it. If it boots up it's likely to be a software issue so backup all data and run the recovery. We help with computer problems on here for FREE
    Keith - Administrator

What is the nature of the problem?
    What does it do to make your gf think there is a problem?
    Does it boot up and freeze,will it not boot up? etc etc if you can tell us what it does then we can usually help

i dont really trust the brand..better stick with a brand that someone recommend you...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alona View Post
    i dont really trust the brand..better stick with a brand that someone recommend you...

One mans meat is another mans poison. Aren't Lenovo spawned out of IBM ? I was told Tosh were the best in the laptop business and after not a lot of use in 18 months my screen failed. I've heard both praise horror stories about highly priced Sony Viao. I wouldn't touch anything made by Apple with a bargepole but thats my personal opinion

Apple only have a 70% markup to the industry norm of 20%-30% ..... gullible springs to mind
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by uthidian View Post
    Hi - my gf (in manila) has a lenovo laptop that is not working. Its newish and still under warranty. But she is unable to explain to me properly what the problem is and I cant advise her as to whether its a warranty issue or its a virus/software issue that is not covered under warranty. Can anyone please suggest a trustworthy place/person she can take it who will offer the right kind of advice for her? TIA...
    it's hard to advise if we don't know the problem of the laptop. If it's still under warranty, send it back with all the papers/reciept. It may take time but that's the only solution if she cannot find any laptop services shops in Manila (but there is loads even small shop services for laptop in some electronics shops). She can also ask from any internet shops owners for referral or recommendations as they have their own IT professional services as well.

She may check this out for her to phone and explain the status of her laptop http://www.lenovo.com/contact/ph/en/index_ph.html
    If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by uthidian View Post
    Hi! I am using a Lenovo laptop and not more than a month ago I encountered a minor problem which I thought was big because I am not a computer tech. The problem was every time I turn the computer on I was always being redirected to the choices of "start computer in normal, in safe mode" and the other choice which I forgot". What I did was start my computer in safe mode and from there tell her to try system restore feature. And have it restored to the recommended date being given by the computer. It worked for my laptop!

Good luck!

Well I know someone .... doesn't have a shop but a technical support agent for DELL and used to be onsite technician for Fujitsu a friend of mine. and another one is my cousin who owns internet shp and he is also repairing pc. Well another option is me ...

Where exactly is she located? if she's just in manila maybe I can help her I am a tech support as well but not as good as those two I mentioned well let me rephrase that used to be tech support for Gateway/eMachines and Acer "Used to" but so far I still know how to be a tech hahahaha maybe my amnesia is not that worst to forget the job i had for 5 years

thanks brokenpieces, will contact you

Hi Brokenpieces.. can you email me?
    uthidian AT gmail.com

thanks

Thread Information