Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is it always difficult to leave....:bigcry:

Why is it always difficult to leave....:bigcry:

I am happy but sad as well. I’ve never been away from my family. Why is it always difficult to leave? I am leaving for UK in 15 days, just the thought of it makes my heart crash into pieces..full of mixed emotions.

Is there any Filipina out there living somewhere near Bromley London....? I need your advise please my dear Pinay mentors, how will I cope up with homesickness... sorry po this is going to be my PERS TIME to UK..

hi po ano ung visa mo now? im gonna apply for tourist this monday po

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    it's always difficult leaving your loved ones..i was like that when i went to Singapore for work..i think i was crying for a month! it's the sense of comfort whenever they're around that i missed..i even missed my mom's nags! But we all know we can't always stay at home and we'll leave our parent's house, whether just to another town or country..just always have communication with your family when you are in the UK already..always have a chat with them whether thru skype, email, Facebook or yahoo..and keep yourself busy too to take your mind off the homesickness..i'm sure you'd be able to meet new friends too..and ask your fiance/hubby to take you to places..

I’ve never been away from my family. Why is it always difficult to leave?
    you were not alone thats for sure..me myself been away for almost 2 years now and i felt like been 20 years since i was gone
    you'll use to it soon when you come to UK
    very normal to felt that way
    goodluck and have a safe journey
    so while you are there make the most of your time while it last
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    it's always difficult leaving your loved ones..i was like that when i went to Singapore for work..

Hi raynaputi , thanks for sharing your thoughts, I worked in Singapore too! but I never feel worried as we were only 3 hours away back home... :( adjustment period is always the hardest part... I am excited to meet fellow pinays in London, with them I will surely can cope up with homesickness the soonest

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    you were not alone thats for sure..me myself been away for almost 2 years now and i felt like been 20 years since i was gone
    you'll use to it soon when you come to UK
    very normal to felt that way
    goodluck and have a safe journey
    so while you are there make the most of your time while it last
    Thanks for the encouragement Moy... I need that and I will keep that in mind...

Quote Originally Posted by angelmhe79 View Post
    hi po ano ung visa mo now? im gonna apply for tourist this monday po

Hi there, welcome to the friendly forum.... BTW, I applied for a spouse visa

Banned
    Hi,
    I identify with what you are thinking as my wife (providing she gets her visa) will also be away from her family for the first time at the age of 24. And she has expressed the same apprehension as you. I am making it a priority that she has a good internet link, here, with her family at home and I am encouraging her to keep contact with her close relatives on a daily basis. I am also establishing contact with fellow pinoys on the Isle of Man and investigating the possibility of pinoy tv, all in an effort to help her not to get too homesick.

Banned
    By the way, I also get the feeling that I going to have to keep my apartment warm in an effort to replicate the kind of temperatures she has been used to all her life!

hi there, I am sure your hubby will be preparing for your arrival and will make sure he can have some time away from work in the 1st few days or longer to at least show you around Bromley. you will have a new barkada before you know it. And if you are an ABS CBN watcher then he can get this service from ABS CBN Europe through a set top box and internet connection, ours is only £19.99 a month and when we got it the box was free. It will start to get a little cooler now so he can take you shopping for some warmer clothes hehhehehe
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Hi Lastlid, I seem to remember when we were visiting my wifes cousin up near Blackpool, she was having a get together with friends and one lady was living in Douglas and had a pinoy store there.. Let me talk to my mahal tonight and see if my memory is correct, you may know the store/owner.

Banned
    Okay. I havent come across the pinoy store. Thanks.

There is only 60000 people on the island but 2000 are pinoys.

yes she mentioned therewas a large community there.. either lots of private residential care homes or very wise men who chose filipina brides

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    and investigating the possibility of pinoy tv, all in an effort to help her not to get too homesick.
    Online free of charge - you'll soon get sick of the constant soaps, Pinoys Got Talent type stuff etc. I don't mind TV Patrol and miss no longer leering at the Wow Wow Wee girls

Banned
    Hospital and care homes i think....so i gather, scottligaya.

Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    hi there, I am sure your hubby will be preparing for your arrival and will make sure he can have some time away from work in the 1st few days or longer to at least show you around Bromley. you will have a new barkada before you know it. And if you are an ABS CBN watcher then he can get this service from ABS CBN Europe through a set top box and internet connection, ours is only £19.99 a month and when we got it the box was free. It will start to get a little cooler now so he can take you shopping for some warmer clothes hehhehehe
    Woohooh I like that idea of yours scotandligaya, I am really looking forward to have a TCF or The Filipino Channel for my entertainment , by the way is it different from Pinoy TV and ABS CBN Europe? Also, my husband will be taking his two week leave to be by my side... and yes you're right! we will be heading right away to do some shopping for my winter clothes... , but I hope i can keep up with the COLD weather though good luck to me!

Woohooh I like that idea of yours scotandligaya, I am really looking forward to have a TCF or The Filipino Channel for my entertainment , by the way is it different from Pinoy TV and ABS CBN Europe? Also, my husband will be taking his two week leave to be by my side... and yes you're right! we will be heading right away to do some shopping for my winter clothes... , but I hope i can keep up with the COLD weather though good luck to me!

Oooops.. sorry for double posting my reply.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mylittleuk View Post
    Woohooh ... and yes you're right! we will be heading right away to do some shopping for my winter clothes... , but I hope i can keep up with the COLD weather though good luck to me!
    Yes. I have it planned for my wife to buy a nice warm jacket as a priority so we hope to go the mall (Trafford Centre) when she steps of the plane in Manchester. ( also so she such doesnt get withdrawal symptoms from Robinsosns or the Mall of Asia....

We talked about this and she will be bringing jeans with her and less in the way of shorts. And then we need to get her some warmer tops and some shoes /boots ....

Respected Member
    By the way, I also get the feeling that I going to have to keep my apartment warm in an effort to replicate the kind of temperatures she has been used to all her life!
    Don't worry fella, she will adapt to the weather (eventually and for the most part!). The Manx weather won't beat her!

Respected Member
    Don't worry fella, she will adapt to the weather (eventually and for the most part!). The Manx weather won't beat her!

I am happy but sad as well. I’ve never been away from my family. Why is it always difficult to leave? I am leaving for UK in 15 days, just the thought of it makes my heart crash into pieces..full of mixed emotions.

Is there any Filipina out there living somewhere near Bromley London....? I need your advise please my dear Pinay mentors, how will I cope up with homesickness... sorry po this is going to be my PERS TIME to UK..
    Hello dear, I understand how you feel I've felt the same way too. Been here in UK for 8 weeks already and still misses family back in the Phils. But my new family here in UK has been very helpful to take away the pain of missing my Phil. family. and my husband makes sure i get to talk to them every week. I'm sure your husband and his family and friends will make you feel alright. In the main time, make the most of your days there in the Phils with your family and friends. Have a safe journey and goodluck

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    Yes. My good wife wants to slide in the snow but I havent told her yet that it doent snow much on the island. May need to take her for a special trip to the mainland for that.

Where is the Pinoy shop that scottligaya refer to? I have seen the New Manila Cafe and I know that a range of pinoy foods can be bought at Robinosons
    ( not the same Robinsons as in Manila, by the way, for those others reading this post )

Hi there, the owner is called Vilma, my mahal is calling her cousin today to try to get her contact details, I will pass them on when I have them

Respected Member
    Yes. My good wife wants to slide in the snow but I havent told her yet that it doent snow much on the island. May need to take her for a special trip to the mainland for that.

Where is the Pinoy shop that scottligaya refer to? I have seen the New Manila Cafe and I know that a range of pinoy foods can be bought at Robinosons
    ( not the same Robinsons as in Manila, by the way, for those others reading this post )
    No idea fella I'm afraid. It's a new one on me too! Admittedly though I never made much of an attempt to see if there was one given no other Filipinos have ever mentioned it to my wife!

Banned
    Hi there, the owner is called Vilma, my mahal is calling her cousin today to try to get her contact details, I will pass them on when I have them
    Ah OK thankyou scottligaya

Dave. It may be up in Ramsey.....

Respected Member
    Best pack the sandwiches then if I have to go "up North"!!

Banned

Banned
    Woohooh .. and yes you're right! we will be heading right away to do some shopping for my winter clothes... , but I hope i can keep up with the COLD weather though good luck to me!
    http://www.google.com/search?q=bluew...2&ved=0CD0QsAQ

Try this link for the Bluewater Mall in Kent.....

Banned
    Yep. I will need to renew my visa to go to Ramsey!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information