Thread: which option should we take? are these options the best way to do it?

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar

which option should we take? are these options the best way to do it?

hello guys, much to my dismay, i wont be able to pursue my visa application this month as it was once planned and am so disheartened and cause too much pain in me the past few weeks. My husband being sick for the last few months starting April to June has cause him an ON AND OFF overdrawn. I just found that out when I saw his statements online. I was so devastated that i not know what else to do. He has an agreed overdraft, but am sure most of you will say ITS NOT GOOD still to apply for visa with an overdrawn statements and having an agreed overdraft is not going to be a reason to be get a visa.

our plans will have to wait till he is back for his regular salary which is lessening his OD at the moment and the bank is giving him a loan to cover his OD and give his bank a good standing. Is this the only HOPE we have now? LOAN? what if this loan will show on his statements montly that he is paying a loan will this not be questionable to the ECO?

or should we go for the application despite that he is using his overdraft at the moment? he has savings though and we have letter of support from both our families?

if he has still got mre than £105 coming in each week min just explane that if everything was ok before he was sick they may still get visa he only needs to show he can support you both with his wage after expences ie rent gas

a heart felt sorry to what your going through, i wish i knew what to say or advice, im sure you will be better advised from some here who knows more than myself ,

just another thought why not show 3months bank statment when wage was good and see if that works

yes i was thinking of that too hawk, he has regular salary and been working for long time in TESCO. even if his bank shows overdraft and he is in OD , they will see that he has a regular income and will be able to maintain ourselves that the only reason why he has to use his overdraft in his bank is due to his sickness for three months and has to rely on that bec he has no salary only his sick pay. we can explain that on his letter of support and can show evidence that he was really SICK and his payslips shows that he is just receiving sick pay not enough to pay his other bills.

we are thinking too to transfer his savings to his current account to get rid of the OD but will that not be another problem not having savings at all?

Trusted Member
    Why don't you just wait until his account has been 'straight' for at least 3 months, and after his return to work, at least 3 months payslips to show ?

It doesn't really matter how you shuffle the money around, you still have to prove to the ECO he has enough left each month to cover your costs. Many on here have planned to put the visa app in and then had to move the dates, some multiple times for one reason or another. It's advisable to wait until everything is in order so you both feel comfortable with the information you are supplying, that ensures you are putting forward information that you won't be worrying about when you put the app in. Don't try and fool the UKBA, they've seen it all before.
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    I have been reading this thread and other threads on this similar kind of topic. It might be of some use, maybe, to point out that I have a Nationwide Flex account where I cant go overdrawn. Every now and again, towards the end of the month a payment bounces and is reversed, but apart from that my current account balance never is overdrawn. I wonder if this might be useful for those looking to present a good bank account track record to the UKBA?

I know that it isnt practicable to change bank account overnight, but just a thought for those that are able to plan ahead......

Akso i think it is possible to ask for ones overdraft limit to be set to zero......so that it cant happen.

you just have to be truefull, its hard but you must have saving and not being overdrawn also, is there anyway someone in the family can pay off the overdraft and then give back to them over a lenth of time, once you are here

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I have been reading this thread and other threads on this similar kind of topic. It might be of some use, maybe, to point out that I have a Nationwide Flex account where I cant go overdrawn. Every now and again, towards the end of the month a payment bounces and is reversed, but apart from that my current account balance never is overdrawn. I wonder if this might be useful for those looking to present a good bank account track record to the UKBA?

I know that it isnt practicable to change bank account overnight, but just a thought for those that are able to plan ahead......

Akso i think it is possible to ask for ones overdraft limit to be set to zero......so that it cant happen.
    I've had a similar account for at least 5 years now (because I was determined never to pay those horrendous bank charges).
    Overdrafts for me are things of the past, but sometimes starvation rears its ugly head instead.

indeed those last few days its eating whats we can find, whats that at back of the fridge covered in green stuff

Trusted Member
    'Creative cooking'.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I've had a similar account for at least 5 years now (because I was determined never to pay those horrendous bank charges).
    Overdrafts for me are things of the past, but sometimes starvation rears its ugly head instead.
    Yep, I know exactly what you mean. And sometimes going overdrawn has to be done. No access to overdraft isn't going to suit all, all of the time. But psychologically, if you know you haven't got an overdraft facility then you may just steer clear of the zero line and remain sweetly in the black....

Thread Information