Thread: fiancee visa application advice

Newbie (Restricted Access)

fiancee visa application advice

hi everyone again thank u for the warm welcome from my last post to terpe for the advice and to sir arthur and for everyone thank u. nway, plsssss plss plsssss everyone i need your advice again as i am getting paranoid.:(
    this is my situation:
    i came back from uk 15 of aug. that time i have been with my fiancee for almost 2 yrs. "we met in uk and i am in a different visa category" and we already living together in uk. i came back home "philippines" to apply for my fiancee visa, as i dont have right to remain in the uk for us to get marry there, when i cam home"document is already prepared and ready and all original" but 1 think i forget to include "my fiancee decree absolute" i didnt know it was the divorce certicate..and i have it with me when i came back home. i lodge my application at vfs on 17 of aug. wednesday the same day in the afternoon i receive txt and email saying that my application has been dispatch to the british embassy, and then i receive txt and email again on monday morning 22nd of aug. saying that my application is being process at the british embassy. and then in afternoon on monday i receive another email from the MANILVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk stating this

dear ms._________
    manila ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The initial processing of your visa application has commenced. Having assessed the application, the Entry Clearance Officer has decided that additional supporting documents are required in order that full consideration can be given to the application. You are therefore now being given a limited opportunity to provide the following documentation so the application can be assessed. Please provide a copy of the following:

*Your fiance's Decree Absolute from his previous marriage.

Please note this document must be sent within 10 working days of the date of this email in order for them to be taken into consideration. You can scan the document and send it to us in an email attachment (less than 1mb in size). Please send your reply to ManilaVisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk ( not to this email address) and quote your online application number in the subject heading of the email.

Or you may also fax the documents to 00632 858 2305. Please ensure that you quote your online application number on the top left hand corner of the documents.

Yours sincerely
    K. Pajarillo (Ms)

so i forward right away their email to y fiancee then thesame day " night in phili. day in england" he called the court to ask for another copy, as we dont know if he has " he receive his another copy on friday and he forward it to me right away, so i send them the document after 5days of their email.. thats the time i know that i have that doc with me i just didnt know" silly me"grrr... nway, i forward the copy on monday but because it was holiday, the reply to my email on tuesday 30th of aug. saying this:
    dear ms._______
    manila ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    This is an acknowledgement of your e-mail which will be forwarded to the Entry Clearance Officer concerned.

Yours sincerely
    K. Pajarillo (Ms)

thats is the last msg email that i receive from them no txt.
    all in all my application is already 4 weeks with them this wednesday and i still havent heard or anything from them.. can somebody knows whats going with my application plssss, i was thinking to resend them again the email that i send them last time just to get their attention, because maybe they already put my application at the bottom or maybe they already forget it.. i dont know what to do... plsssssss help...:(

thank u and GOD BLESS US ALL.

As long as they have the Decree then they will process your app as normal which can take up to 3 months. The fact you had a document missing means you went to the bottom of the pile again.

This time of year they are also very busy processing Visitor Visa's for the Xmas period, and they process VV's first even if they come in last.
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Hi Shery,
    We have just submitted our application. It is pleasing to see that the UKBA gave you the opportunity to send in the missing document.

I know what you mean about the divorce papers. It isnt immediately obvious on mine that they are decree absolute divorce papers except for little tiny letters at the bottom of the page!! I got my wife to show me on camera that she knew for certain which papers these were as she couldnt see the tiny little letters in question (couldnt see for looking, as we say)

Good luck with the continuation of the application.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by guess_shery View Post
    i lodge my application at vfs on 17 of aug. wednesday.......................

.........................all in all my application is already 4 weeks with them this wednesday and i still havent heard or anything from them.. can somebody knows whats going with my application plssss,
    Hi again Shery,

Am I missing something here, but this isnt 4 weeks, more like 3 weeks on wednesday....

The stress of waiting

@ win2win thank u sooo much for the advice.... bur guess what? looks like i receive a good news this evening when i open my email, stating this:

Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub

This is an automated message. Please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.

***********************************************************************************
    Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
    Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
    The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
    All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
    ***********************************************************************************

thou its still confuse me if they will really grant me a visa, and if ever are they not going to post it to my address? because i pay for the postage.....

Am I missing something here, but this isnt 4 weeks, more like 3 weeks on wednesday....
    hi lastlid... hehe yeah ur right 3weeks not 4...i got confuse because it feels like forever already for me, as this is the first time i've been away from my fiancee since we've been together... but i hear a good news this evening hopefully, i receive an email saying my visa has been dispathed shortly... cross finger..... hopefuly...........

[QUOTE=lastlid;312977]Hi Shery,
    We have just submitted our application.

and hopefully u will hear from them asap aswell, good luck to ur application lastlid..
    i wish us all the best!!!!!!!!!! hehe im sooooooo mixed emotion right now...

Banned
    [QUOTE=guess_shery;313317]
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Hi Shery,
    We have just submitted our application.

and hopefully u will hear from them asap aswell, good luck to ur application lastlid..
    i wish us all the best!!!!!!!!!! hehe im sooooooo mixed emotion right now...
    Mixed Emotions. Exactly!

I think I will cry if and when my wifes visa is approved.

@lastlid

aawwww... ur very sweet, ofcourse it will.... good luck!! i will include ur wifes application in my prayer... smile*

how many days to get my settlement visa Win2Win?the type of my visa is settlement visa for child under 18 i applied last october 21,2011 nothing heard about it..please reply..

Dear Ms and Mr

Manila Ref: xxxxxx and xxxxxx

We refer to your visa applications for Settlement received on 21 October 2011.

Please provide the following documentation in order for your applications to be fully assessed and processed:

Copies of bio data page and passport pages from BOTH your parent's passports showing immigration stamps which clearly demonstrate

1. That both your parents were in the same country at the time of your conception
    2. Evidence of occasions when your parent/s have visited you in the Philippines or elsewhere.

Copied passport pages must clearly show the passport number from which they came.

If you are not able to provide this evidence, please submit a statement to explain why. Where a passport has been lost, a police report should be forthcoming.

Please submit this documentation via courier within 10 working days from the date of this email to the following address:

Additional Document MNL xxxxxx and xxxxxx

Visa Section
    British Embassy
    120 Upper McKinley Road
    McKinley Hill
    Taguig City

In addition to the above requirements, can you also provide your mother's complete maiden name (including your mother's middle name when she was still single).

Yours sincerely

K. Pajarillo (Ms)

Manila Deferrals Team | Visa Services| UKBA International Group | British Embassy Manila | Email: ManilaVisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk |Fax: +63 2 858 2305 Office Hours : Monday -Friday 8:00am - 3:00pm

For more information about how to apply for a UK Visa in your country of residence please visit http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/wheretoapply/

This is an automated message. Please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.

Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
    Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
    The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
    All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

they already receive all our documents but were worried about the process..pls. help us. thanks need more prayers and updates same problem with Ms. shery

Trusted Member
    Have YOU received this communication, if so ....when ?

last october 21, 2011 but the said documents are already at british embassy in manila.

can u tell me what is going on with my visa at this time ?? please MR.

Trusted Member
    Much as I would like to be able to help, I'm afraid there is not much advice I can offer if your papers are being assessed at the moment.....except to be patient. Sorry.

The only people who can give you accurate information are those who have received the application forms.

Your Sponsor should contact them.

yes my parents will call the british embassy in manila tomorrow thank you so much

Thread Information