Thread: newbie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Andy - are you eligible for another EEA passport, other than British? I ask because if you can acquire one, then your wife is eligible to come here - free of charge and minimal paperwork - and sign on for job seekers allowance immediately.On the otherhand, if you are a British citizen, loyal and true, you get shafted.God Save The Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFingers View Post
    Andy - are you eligible for another EEA passport, other than British? I ask because if you can acquire one, then your wife is eligible to come here - free of charge and minimal paperwork - and sign on for job seekers allowance immediately.On the otherhand, if you are a British citizen, loyal and true, you get shafted.God Save The Queen.
    I dont know I have never looked into having a EEA passport. But I know one thing you are totally right about the last bit.

so true its not
    god save the Brit
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Yup, any tom, dick or harry from Eastern Europe etc who lives here, can marry someone from outside the EU pretty easily. I wonder what they are doing to stop sham marriages between those?
    Typical British government/rules that screws over it's own people and seems to favour those that take advantage!

And welcome to the forum Andy!

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Typical British government/rules that screws over it's own people and seems to favour those that take advantage!
    That's certainly how it would APPEAR, Tim ... trouble IS, British Governments are hampered by European legislation - that allows continentals to trample over our own Immigration Rules - and, sadly, this gross anomaly will continue for as long as WE remain members of the EU.

Thread Information