Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
Interesting reports...but al the more so for me . Myself and the wife just got back to the UK after spending a month (August) in Tacloban. We did spend some of the time in Abuyog and Basey as my wifes family are from there. Great holiday and didnt want to leave....and i agree its easy to lose track of time.
Thanks again everyone for the comments. Where did you stay in Tacloban?

I've delcared today and tomorrow a day off for everyone, so most of the family have buggered off and its now lovely and peaceful. I'm sat on my terrace, looking across my empire (of 2 hectare rice farm), trying to use dodgy internet wondering if its too early to open a san mig without a look from the wife!!

The most distant "relation" so far that someone can tell me who they are we've had round is a second cousin's brother in law!! I don't even know what that means?! Beat that people!!

On the whole I think if you are building a holiday home type thing outy here double your budjet. Hopefully when all this has settled down out here we're planning on coming back for xmas next year, so hopefully it'll have all calmed down by then and I'll not have to worry about paying workers or materials.