Thread: Inquiry of the validity of the spouse visa

Inquiry of the validity of the spouse visa

hi everyone

I apply for my Spouse Visa last June 14, 2011 and it was refused on June 20,2011. But the decision was overturned by the ECM last September 2, 2011 and I just got my passport with visa stamp to it just today, September 10,2011..

I just have a question, the validity date they put in my visa is from June 9,2011- June 12, 2013. Im just worried that the validity of my visa will affect if Im going to apply my Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK because they required at least 24 months that you stay in UK with your husband, right?. My problem is , its September 10,2011 already and my stay in UK cant reach already 24 months because I have to wait for the British Passport of our daughter and it will take for about 1 and half months or 6 weeks before we will get it.. I will be going to Manila next week to process the British Passport of our baby daughter..So probably , we will book our flight on last week of October, 2011 going to UK as soon I receive the British Passport of our baby..

Is there anyone who could help me what to do with regards to my validity of my visa so that I could acquire the 24 months require for Indefinite Leave to Remain.? Can I ask an extension date when I arrived at airport, UK?.

Hope you could enlighten me and give me an advice what to do . I will greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much..Godbless everyone

that does not sound correct, your visa was issued 5 days before you applied for it?

spouse visas are valid for 27 months to allow the 24 month residency before applying for ILR.

You should contact the embassy, explain the situation regarding your intended travel dates, and they should be able to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    You should contact the embassy, explain the situation regarding your intended travel dates, and they should be able to change it.
    see what they say,
    but if they will not change it or you dont want the hassle, come to the uk b4 your visa expires and you will probably have to apply for FLR (probably be valid until you've been in the uk 2yrs or might be even valid for a whole 2yrs) before you could apply for ILR, its another form to fill in and more money.

but hopefully the embassy will change the dates
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    that does not sound correct, your visa was issued 5 days before you applied for it?

spouse visas are valid for 27 months to allow the 24 month residency before applying for ILR.

I think what I will do is will tell the embassy by the time I will go there next week on processing for my baby's British passport. Its better to go there so I could explain to them properly rather than email them or call them, what do u think rusty?

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    see what they say,
    but if they will not change it or you dont want the hassle, come to the uk b4 your visa expires and you will probably have to apply for FLR (probably be valid until you've been in the uk 2yrs or might be even valid for a whole 2yrs) before you could apply for ILR, its another form to fill in and more money.

but hopefully the embassy will change the dates
    Hi joe, Im really hoping that the embassy will change the date of the validity. It will cost us fortune if we will apply again for FLR and might be refuse again? Hope that will not happen anymore..

Im afraid that upon the arrival in the immigration at the airport in UK will cause me trouble because of the validity of the date put on my passport . By the time I will arrive at UK, it will be 4 months already starting from the validity on my passport. They might question me why it took so long before I went to UK because they might be base on the validity on my passport..

Hope you could give me advise.. Thank you

are you sure those dates are correct that you've posted ? they gave you a 2yrs visa ?? as rusty said it should be 27 months
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    are you sure those dates are correct that you've posted ? they gave you a 2yrs visa ?? as rusty said it should be 27 months
    hi joe...it says here in the visa that the date of valid from: 06/09/11 , then valid until 06/12/2013..I think I am wrong on reading the date? Whats the correct reading of the date? Is it Month /date/ year? or date first/ month/year? ...

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    jeane, i think that says September 6, 2011 to December 6, 2013..

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Getting confuse here already..lol..well i think your right raynaputi..because that count as exactly 27 months....so that means there's no problem with the validity date.. I just read it wrong.lol...thanks guys for enlightened me ..

jean..chill out..you sounds all the time worried and stress in almost your thread which i understand lolz..matiguwang kag dali anah dai oi..naunsa..impt is u got the visa and soon youll get your baby passport..no need for more stress
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanelovesdeano View Post
    .........Is there anyone who could help me what to do with regards to my validity of my visa so that I could acquire the 24 months require for Indefinite Leave to Remain.? Can I ask an extension date when I arrived at airport, UK?.

Hope you could enlighten me and give me an advice what to do . I will greatly appreciate it.

I'm so glad you were able to get this sorted.
    We all get mixed with mm/dd/yy and DD/MM/YY sometimes.
    I hope it's good luck for you all from now on.

hi joe...it says here in the visa that the date of valid from: 06/09/11 , then valid until 06/12/2013..I think I am wrong on reading the date? Whats the correct reading of the date? Is it Month /date/ year? or date first/ month/year? ...
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    day/month/year

so you got at least 3 months b4 you need to leave

hi jean,

im so happy for u.i always read ur threads regarding ur visa application.its quite hard and i understand ur feeling.it bring me back memories when i waited mine last april 2011.Just carry on and soon u will be in the uk.Thanks God im here now for almost four months and overjoy as i can see now my husband whenever i wake up and sleep.good luck

Quote Originally Posted by ViesVies View Post
    hi jean,

im so happy for u.i always read ur threads regarding ur visa application.its quite hard and i understand ur feeling.it bring me back memories when i waited mine last april 2011.Just carry on and soon u will be in the uk.Thanks God im here now for almost four months and overjoy as i can see now my husband whenever i wake up and sleep.good luck

hi viesvies..thank u so much for your message,Im happy for u too because you are now with your husband.Gos is really so good..At last, we will be together as family.. Hope to see u in UK when I get there..where do u live in UK?.Do u have a facebook? hope you could add me as your friend..

Thank you guys for always enlightening me ..;-) I cant wait to be with my husband now..not too long now and we will be together as family..

when ur in manila check about cfo as well as it is very important.u can do ur cfo while waiting for ur flight.it would take a day to sort out cfo.i have done mine in cebu as i am from leyte which is nearer to me.

its worth waiting for 2 years to join my husband.hehehe

Jeane ... no wonder you were

Like all Filipinos, you've evidently been inured to the US order of writing dates, i.e. mm/dd/yy ... so that, to your eyes, the inception date of your visa would've read 09/06 (9th June) ... whereas, when typed in British terms - dd/mm/yy - it was 06/09 (6th September) - the CORRECT date in this instance.

Blame the Yanks !!!

hi everyone

I apply for my Spouse Visa last June 14, 2011 and it was refused on June 20,2011. But the decision was overturned by the ECM last September 2, 2011 and I just got my passport with visa stamp to it just today, September 10,2011..

I just have a question, the validity date they put in my visa is from June 9,2011- June 12, 2013. Im just worried that the validity of my visa will affect if Im going to apply my Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK because they required at least 24 months that you stay in UK with your husband, right?. My problem is , its September 10,2011 already and my stay in UK cant reach already 24 months because I have to wait for the British Passport of our daughter and it will take for about 1 and half months or 6 weeks before we will get it.. I will be going to Manila next week to process the British Passport of our baby daughter..So probably , we will book our flight on last week of October, 2011 going to UK as soon I receive the British Passport of our baby..

Is there anyone who could help me what to do with regards to my validity of my visa so that I could acquire the 24 months require for Indefinite Leave to Remain.? Can I ask an extension date when I arrived at airport, UK?.

Hello Would you mind sharing your reasons of rejection?

Thread Information