Thread: Possible income rates for uk spouse visa/dependants if new proposals are implemented

Exclamation Possible income rates for uk spouse visa/dependants if new proposals are implemented

Hello Guys.

Does anyone have any idea of the possible income threshold rates IF and when they come into effect?

At present the sponsor should show that he earns atleast above the income support level.

The 'Income Support' rates - amounts for UK tax year 2011/2012 are £105.95 per week for a couple and £62.33 pounds per week for each dependent child.

Just want to get an idea of possible incomes needed for sponsors thinking about applying for their spouse and childrens visas in the future.

OF course nothing is for certain yet but if these proposals go into place then people would atleast have an idea.

I ready an this article a few months back but the info. provided is very little.
    Hope someone can shed a little more light on this matter.

Poor to be banned from bringing spouses to the UK from overseas

Home Office proposes minimum income threshold for those wishing to bring a spouse, partner or dependents to the country

The government wants to introduce a new minimum income threshold for those looking to sponsor a spouse, partner or dependants to come to the UK.

Under the proposals the unemployed or those living on less than around £5,000 a year would be banned from doing so, while the probation period before spouses and partners can apply for settlement in Britain would be raised from two to five years.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ju...mily-migration

Hope to get some replies on this one.

no one knows yet, the gov has left it up to Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) to come up with a figure. i would guess the figure would be what you would need to earn to have at least £106 a week (for a married couple no kids) after paying rent and community charge,

average rent ? + average community charge ? + £424 ( £106 * 4) = ???

part of it depends on where your living,

so i would guess at £1,000 month after tax
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    ....Which isn't much.

Yes if thats the case then they would just follow the rates of the income support levels.

Im just afraid that it would be a silly number like i need to be earning about £25,000 per year.

Im just an ordinary dude with just college education, not been to university.
    Ill really try to obtain a well paid position but its hard at times.

Ill just get the average paid position of about £14,000 per year plus weekend job will pull in about £7,000 so thatll total upto to be about £21,000 per annum which im sure is enough to support my wife and 4 kids.

Im just hoping its not a crazy figure. Im from Manchester and im sure the prices here are much lower than the South part of England.

Quote Originally Posted by aiden View Post
    . Im from Manchester and im sure the prices here are much lower than the South part of England.
    what part of manchester are you from ?
    thats going to be a problem for the gov, the average wage is suppose to be what around £30k a yr, most people i know earn alot less than that
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    what part of manchester are you from ?
    thats going to be a problem for the gov, the average wage is suppose to be what around £30k a yr, most people i know earn alot less than that
    where do they get those figures from and theres a lot get paid less than minimum wage too

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    where do they get those figures from and theres a lot get paid less than minimum wage too
    the rich southerners
    i know some people on minimum wage and thats what some companies pay, like the big supermarkets etc,

i think the figure will have to be low, im sure its to stop people who are on benefits from getting a visa.

Im from Old Trafford , Manchester.

I just hope the figures IF they introduce them are fair.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    the rich southerners
    i know some people on minimum wage and thats what some companies pay, like the big supermarkets etc,

i think the figure will have to be low, im sure its to stop people who are on benefits from getting a visa.
    Hey Joe

I really hope that this will be the case.
    If its some crazy figure its kind of saying no to those people with low income.
    Of course it doesnt mean to say all those on a low income intend to claim public funds.

I hate that the because of the way others have abused the system people like me may have to pay for it!

i use to work in trafford park.

fair , something no gov is when it comes to its own citizens

Trusted Member
    I thought the 'average income' figure was per HOUSEHOLD.

Hell of a difference when a couple are both working.

Banned

Okay. I used to live in the Sevenways area. Till a few years ago. I hope to be at the Trafford Centre this weekend, typhoons permitting......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Okay. I used to live in the Sevenways area. Till a few years ago. I hope to be at the Trafford Centre this weekend, typhoons permitting......

Sounds a bit daft eh......as long as my wife can fly from Manila then we will be at the Trafford Centre this weekend.

Thread Information