Thread: Wife Spouse Visa w/ or w/o her 6yr old daughter application??

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Wife Spouse Visa w/ or w/o her 6yr old daughter application??

Hi,

Apologies as there is lots of threads here and have been trying to digest and but I think each case individual and would like advice on my case?

I have married my long term gf in Jan, after alot of waiting with NSO, English tests etc we are now at the stage to apply for Spouse Settlement visa, however her 6yr old daughter from another marriage (Annulled), which we want to accompany... how do we approach this one?

Do we apply at the same time (by the looks of it a separate application and fee) but as she is 6yrs old, is this suffice to apply joint with my wife's application or is there anything I need to be made aware of?

Does my wife need to come here first? or joint? Do i need an affidavit from her daughter's real dad to say he does not have any responsibility or custody?

Just need some clear guidance and advice please?

Thanks in advance...

JJ

we have the same case jj, im going to apply a fiance visa and i want to take my 5 yrs old son with me, i still dont know if my son's joint with my fiance application or he has to get separate visa.. i will keep my eye to your post here so that i know lol..

its the same form your wife fills in, one for her, one for your step daughter, send them both together and its 2 fees to pay , your step daughter is your wife's dependent, so once you get your visa's, basically what happens to your wife regarding her visa's should also happen to your step daughter .

your wife need to show she has sole responsibility and sole custody of your step daughter .
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Thanks for the reply.

How would one show proof of sole responsibility and sole custody? (As such this is the case, my wife lives with her mum and daughter. My step-daughter is cared by both her mother and grandmother and when I am there, we all travel together on holidays, ie HK Disneyland, Boracay etc.) Her biological dad went to work abroad in middle east somewhere and now believe Singapore. We know this as he has shirked his responsibility to shoulder any costs towards the annulment, my step-daughter does not see him and I pay for her school fee's.

All well and good to say so, however as for proof, how would we present this?

Also would the decision of one affect the decision of another ie wife would be approved but step-daughter not so both will be rejected? Does this happen? If so, would it be the better case that we process my wife's first and then on the result, (hopefully successful) apply for step-daughter? Has anyone have experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks again for your assistance

this will give you some ideas and search on here for 'sole responsibility' a few people recently have had their children refused a visa, but i think most were granted on reconsideration or appeal.

http://community.justlanded.com/en/U...Responsibility
    http://blog.davidsonmorris.com/2011/...ent-in-the-uk/

if they refused your wife, then your step daughter would be refused as she is her dependent, but your wife could be granted and your step daughter could be refused (sole responsibility, sole custody etc)

if i was you i would apply for both at the same time if you have the finances/accommodation, leaving your step daughter behind could make it more difficult when you do get to apply for her depending on how long she was left with her gran (if it takes a year or 2, the embassy could say her gran has sole responsibility)
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information