Thread: Spouse visa

Respected Member

Spouse visa

I broke immigration law in the past when i overstayed in Japan and that affected my tourist visa application to the UK.. i applied for tourist visa twice to visit my fiancee and was rejected on both occasion.. we are getting married in november and we are planning to apply for a spouse visa after getting married..We are just concerned that my application will be rejected again..additional to these is we just had a baby.. Any advice on how we can guarantee visa approval ? Thank you very much..

Hi there Kmg, welcome here to the forum.

Firstly, you should know there are very few guarantees in life. Visa approvals is not one of the few.

I doubt that your overstay in Japan was, in itself, the reason for refusal unless there is more to it than you have divulged.

It's actually not unusual to be refused a UK visit visa. They are possibly one of the most difficult to secure. One of the key reasons being failure to convince the ECO that you have no itention of overstaying your visa expiry.
    There are plenty of reasons to suspect that will happen (a previous history of overstaying will certainly not convince the ECO of your true intentions on that score)

I have no detailed knowledge of your circumstances, but I can say that provided your spouse application is fully compliant with the UKBA stipulated requirements then the ECO has no choice other than to grant the visa.

Hope this will help you to focus on your planned November wedding and subsequent Visa application.

I would strongly suggest you search this forum for helpful hints on the documents etc needed for the wedding.

The UKBA page specifically for Spouse's and Civil Partners is here

It's well worth taking a look and checking out the links provided.

Good Luck

Keep reading the forum for more hot tips and advice.

Hello there

Interesting.

I cant see them refusing you a spousal visa. You have a right to be with your hubby once youre married.

How did the embassy know that you broke immigration laws in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by aiden View Post
    Hello there

Interesting.

I cant see them refusing you a spousal visa. You have a right to be with your hubby once youre married.

How did the embassy know that you broke immigration laws in Japan?
    i think it asks you on the visa app form if you have refused a visa to another country or overstayed, some countries share information, so it wise not to lie.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    yes it is on the application form that i need to fill up the information... eventhough i was not granted the tourist visa and its sad for me and my fiancee...i am still happy i did not lie about it

Respected Member
    thanks guys for welcoming me here in this FORUM... it is very very helpful for us confused and i am very glas i found you guys

Hi, dont worry. Once you are married it will be ok as long as you can prove that you will be able to live in the uk without claiming any benefits. I overstayed in the UK for 3 years then went to live in manila with my husband for 4 years and now we are back in the UK with my spouse visa.

Respected Member
    thank you chinee for the very encouraging post.. my wife to be has a stable job there in UK and she has on maternity leave right now and just gave birth to our first baby... our baby is our biggest evidence of our love.. i have a stable job here also in the philippines and i own some properties too.. Hopefully after the marriage, i will apply for settlement visa.....

Thread Information