Notice of Marriage!

May I introduce myself first? My name is Ian, I met my fiancée Ella, in Cebu 3 years ago and we are in the process of applying for a Fiancée Visa. Ella visited Manila last week, but was advised in a preliminary interview that everything was ok, except that she had no proof of our intention to get married. Of course we do intend to marry in the UK, as soon as possible. They seem to insist on a confirmation of our Notice of Marriage! She was advised to return home and was given 10 days to get proof of marriage, before returning to Manila.

This is not possible, unless- as stated on many “Government” web sites- "You will each need to attend the register office in the district in which you live to give a formal 'Notice of Marriage/ Civil Partnership'. How is it possible to be in the Philippines but also be in the UK to attend the register office- you cannot be in two places at once- or even enter the UK without a visa!

I’m sure the Embassy must be aware of these facts, otherwise there must be gross ignorance of the law! If they in fact do know the law, which I’m sure they must- do they expect you to lie or commit fraud! Is this a test of some sort, I’d like to know the answer as I find it very, very frustrating.

All I can do is provide them with “provisional” bookings for the wedding, venue- caterers- transport arrangements (wedding cars), wedding cake, photographer, etc.

Please can someone advise me on this as Ella has to re-book here flight back to Manila as soon as possible?

Thanks- in expectation,

Ian