Hello Lynn, welcome to the forum

Heraclitus says' 'the only constant in life is change' '...and love is not an exemption to this,... you should be thankful enough that the guy has ever been so honest to you ,I cant say he is bad as when he came to the Philippines he met you and your family ,even gave you money to renovate your house? sends you money when your child was confined?,.. I think along the way the circumstances change,maybe he think its not worthwhile to have another relationship as he has obligation with his children and you have to accept and respect his decision...dont waste your life on waiting for him and expect more from him ,he already gave you a definite conclusion to your relationship.

p.s. sorry but i dont believe that FB or any other social network should be one of the grounds to tell if a guy is being honest/sincere to you or not.. you must have just expected a lot from the start..settle your annulment before moving on with another relationship.
Good luck in the future!!
Remember, Men are like buses they come every 15minutes and
Men are like....Beer.
The first sip is always bitter.
No matter how many varieties you try, they are essentially the same; tasteless, full of bubbles, destabilize your metabolism and give you a headache, but somehow they linger and you either can't finish one or you can't get enough.