Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luzon and Bohol

Trusted Member

Luzon and Bohol

Next Friday 28 October, all going well, I will be taking what could be my last direct flight by KLM from Amsterdam to Manila. Will spend a few days at either end of the 3 week trip staying in St Giles Hotel ( Makati Avenue Corner / Kalayaan Avenue ) which is well placed, reasonably priced, and has a rooftop swimming pool . It only opened last year so will be new to me.
    Apart from visiting friends and taking in an Aegis Band gig in Quezon City, I hope to visit Corregidor Island.
    For most of the trip I'll be in Bohol, having booked return flights with Cebu Pacific to Tagbilaran. I did visit Bohol and Cebu last year, but for too short a time. This time I would like to try diving at Panglao Island, and explore Bohol in more depth . Friends have said there's no need to book accommodation in advance.
    Just want to take this chance to thank members / friends who have helped me plan the trip Every question, no matter how trivial, has been answered .

I know you will have a great time Alan, I am sure we all wish you a safe journey and we will look forward to hearing all your stories on your return
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

soon be here, have a great time take lots of pictures

Respected Member
    Bon Voyage!'

.We went to panglao last 2010, for snorkeling and whale watching..Nice people!

Enjoy your trip Doc.
    I know you'll enjoy Bohol

Have a great trip Doc

Have a good one doc. Bohol is nice went there last year.

Doc , You will have a fabulous time!
    If you need a guide Lyn's sister is a part time tour guide!

We also stay at St Giles not long after it opened! Was very new clean friendly and modern and close enough to Greenbelt etc

Wish i was there!!

Look forward to the reports

Say hello to the cute Tarsiers for me
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Respected Member
    Doc
    You are more than welcome to pop into my diveshop on Alona Beach Panglao if just for a coffee/beer.
    I can certainly advise impartially on the best value for whatever budget you have for accomodation when you are here. The weather is fabulous at the moment

For sure u won't get enough of Bohol if u will only stay for few days. I and my ex bf spent only 3 days and 4 nights in Alona Beach Resort last June 2011 but we both wished we had more time to spent there, it's just a very cool place. We had Island hooping and country side tour. It was really such memorable place and experience. We even talk of going back there after 10yrs to reminisce our experience there but unfortunately we just had to end our relationship. Anyways....have fun and enjoy your holiday

Trusted Member
    Thanks to you all - alanmf1 offering sister-in-law as tour guide , andy222 , BoholoX ( Glad the weather's good, will look out for you in your diveshop on Alona Beach ), ConfusedMe ( Tarsiers are again on my list to see ), febmary ( can't wait to go snorkelling, maybe try diving ), pinay4uk ( I will be in Bohol area for 12 days ; hope you can return in happier circumstances ), Terpe , Stevie.c , Stevewool and Steve.r .
    Other friends have advised me by private messages .
    This is all convincing me that it's worth spending more time in Bohol - oh, it's also free of malaria ( together with Cebu ) so no need for antimalarials. I've double-checked my own threads about vaccinations / medications for travelling, and insurance is comprehensive - but we know most travellers to the Philippines don't have serious health problems .

Respected Member
    Have a great time Doc If you get the opportunity, take a walk across the bamboo swinging footbridge over the Loboc River, it's not as scarry as it looks, I did it last year

Not to mention Balicasag Island is such a nice place for snorkeling,we really had so much fun there. Virgin Island as well is nice just be aware of natives there who will really not give up on selling u pearls or whatever, they will be like a tail they go wherever u go till u will be convinced to buy their items. Both me and my ex did enjoy the man-made forest and have u gone to their old church and see that amazing face of the old priest on the wall that u can only see thru your cam? and most of all we just loved to hang around have some romantic dinner in the beach while listening to live bands. It was a great and memorable experience. It would be really nice if u go there with special someone or maybe friends so you'll really enjoy your time there. Safe trip

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinay4uk View Post
    It would be really nice if u go there with special someone or maybe friends so you'll really enjoy your time there. Safe trip
    Lynn, thank you so much for your advice, I am sure I will enjoy my time .
    I have read all your posts and really wish you all the best for your own future - much good advice has already been given to you but of course ultimately you will deal with your situation as only you know best .

thanks a lot Doc Alan ! have fun and enjoy

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    Have a great time Doc If you get the opportunity, take a walk across the bamboo swinging footbridge over the Loboc River, it's not as scary as it looks, I did it last year
    Thanks Ian, if you can do it, so can I I'll let you know if that comment about crocs in the river was true http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMyMWsDmNek http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...fauna#Reptiles

Respected Member
    That's the one Doc I'm not sure I'd want to do it in the pouring rain as it was on the video. I seem to remember there were a few more loose and broken runners on the bridge in Jan 2010. Maybe they decided to fix it after a few tourists fell in and were eaten by crocs

enjoy your holiday Doc Al
    If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria B View Post
    enjoy your holiday Doc Al
    Thanks Maria . You have already been a great help to me . Of course I will report back at the end of November .
    I have to say, having been for such a short visit last time, it seems the right decision this time to stay for much longer around Bohol. There's a lot more than the Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Center, Loboc river, beautiful beaches with snorkelling and diving, dolphin watching at dawn, Danao Adventure Park and old Spanish churches - especially when the alternative is November in the UK

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    There's a lot more than the Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Center, Loboc river, beautiful beaches with snorkelling and diving, dolphin watching at dawn, Danao Adventure Park and old Spanish churches - especially when the alternative is November in the UK
    Don't rub it in DocWhen the clocks go back on Saturday night and its dark at 5pm give us a thought
    Anyway, have a superb time Alan, I have fond memories of a great weeks holiday in Bohol and Alona a couple of years ago, I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.

shhhhhhh, BTW, tarsiers are over rated, they look like furry little squirrel rats with big eyes, it will be much more entertaining if you cuddle a croc instead

Doc Alan ......... I hope that you have a fabulous holiday and a safe comfortable trip over to the Philippines.

We stayed at St Giles Hotel for a couple of nights in September 2010 as it was recommended to us as being fairly close to Makati Medical Centre. We didn't stay for long as we were very spoilt by our previous hotel (Shangri-La) and decided to go back there again for the remainder of our stay.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy your favourite band !!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Doc Alan ......... I hope that you have a fabulous holiday and a safe comfortable trip over to the Philippines.
    Thanks Rosie Just packed and weighed my check-in case ( less than 23 kg ) and hand baggage ( less than 12 kg ), not taking a laptop, but will report on the trip late November .

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    Don't rub it in DocWhen the clocks go back on Saturday night and its dark at 5pm give us a thought
    ... it will be much more entertaining if you cuddle a croc instead
    I'll be thinking about you all ... won't be cuddling crocs

Glad you're having another trip over there...wish we were right now...nevermind.
    No trip down to CDO?...Ladybug is here now anyway, so she couldn't show you around.

Panglao is much nicer that's for sure...Have a safe trip.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    No trip down to CDO?...Ladybug is here now anyway, so she couldn't show you around.
    Panglao is much nicer that's for sure...Have a safe trip.
    Thanks Simon Never been to Mindanao, don't think there will be time this trip. Hope all is well with you and Ladybug .

Have a safe trip, doc!
    love makes life worth living

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetnote143 View Post
    Have a safe trip, doc!
    Hi Sweetnote, thanks so much for your message, I've read all your posts and wish you good luck in your life . Ingat palagi .

thanks, doc Ingat sa biyahe
    love makes life worth living

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    Thanks Simon Never been to Mindanao, don't think there will be time this trip. Hope all is well with you and Ladybug .
    Doubt you'll be reading this for a while, but thanks Alan, all good here.

Hope your trip is going well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information