Thread: Notarized photocopies.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

Notarized photocopies.

Could someone please give me some help on applying for a passport for my daughter?
    My fiancée has all the paperwork completed but she says that the photocopies of my passport need to be notarized. Could someone tell me if this is really necessary, as when I applied for my fiancée’s visa- which was granted- none of my passport photocopies were notarized!

Thank you.

Ian

Why create (potential) problems for the sake of a few quid ?
    ... or have to resend notorized copies later ?

Photo-copy the relevant pages in your passport, trot along to a local solicitor's office and get him to notorize them ..... then pay him his fee (£8-£12 is the norm).

Keeps everyone happy
    No man is an island, but Barry is

1.The original and 4 (four) photocopies of the child’s birth certificate bearing both parents’ names. If child was born outside the United Kingdom, please submit the original and four photocopies of the birth certificate which is duly authenticated by the Embassy in the United Kingdom of the country of birth of the child.
    2.Four (4) completed Report of Birth Forms which are available at the Embassy or at our website. The Report of Birth fee is £18. A late registration fee of £18 is added if the child had been born for more than a year.
    3.Four (4) photocopies of the data page of the parent’s valid Philippine Passport.
    this is from philippine embasy about passport you should be ok with photocopy if am wrong someone will say or try this site Personal Appearance is required.
    Duly accomplished application form.
    Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Certified True Copy (CTC) of BC issued by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO.
    Proof of identity / Supporting documents indicating full name, date and place of birth and citizenship

2330 Roxas Boulevard

Pasay City

Philippines

(632) 8344000

Fax

http://www.dfa.gov.ph

yes i agree with bluebirdjones, years ago you were asked to send notarised copies if you were not sending the orginal document, but probably due to the digital age, i'm sure they can check much of the info, they dont seem to ask for notarised copies, but i've always done it for passports, cost less than £20 for most of my passport. just not worth the risk or delay. and maybe in your case (applying for a passport for a child) , they might be wanting to check your arrival and departure stamps
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thanks very much for all the speedy replies.

As far as I am aware, notarized means that a Notary Public- not just any solicitor, will witness a signature, accompanied by an impression of his or her official notary seal. I’ve tried two quite large local law firms today and none of them are able to notarize a document! I’ve found one that will do it, but it’s some distance away and I’m getting short of time!

I’ve had a look at the UK Border Agency web site- it mentions copies of the passports, but no mention of Notarization!

Thanks again,

Ian

Hi,

I am new to the forum and have some questions re getting birth cert and UK passport for our son.

My expected due date is end of Jan but we plan to travel back to the UK in May. we are worried that we cannot get him a UK passport in time. Can someone share their experience in getting the UK passport done in Manila?

My understanding is that:
    1) We need to get the local birth certificate
    2) We need to get the NSO birth certificate
    3) With the NSO birth certificate, we can apply for the UK passport (take around 6 weeks).

From the info I found on the internet, the NSO birth cert can take up to 4 months. Is there any ways to speed up this?

Does anyone have hands-on experience?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCow View Post
    Hi,

I am new to the forum and have some questions re getting birth cert and UK passport for our son.

My expected due date is end of Jan but we plan to travel back to the UK in May. we are worried that we cannot get him a UK passport in time. Can someone share their experience in getting the UK passport done in Manila?

My understanding is that:
    1) We need to get the local birth certificate
    2) We need to get the NSO birth certificate
    3) With the NSO birth certificate, we can apply for the UK passport (take around 6 weeks).

From the info I found on the internet, the NSO birth cert can take up to 4 months. Is there any ways to speed up this?

Does anyone have hands-on experience?

Thanks,
    Firstly, hi there and a warm welcome to the forum.

Concerning your questions, here's what the Embassy say:-

The following countries are currently experiencing long waiting times (up to six months) for applications to be assessed and registered

India
    Bangladesh
    The Philippines (please see the British Embassy in Philippines for further information on documentation

Source:-
    http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...tering-a-birth

Here's an interesting document that might be useful for you also:-
    APPLYING FOR A UK PASSPORT WHILST IN THE PHILIPPINES

Good luck.
    I haven't read it all, but it looks like it contains all useful information

Hi Terpe,

Thanks for your response.

Is the "long queue" info re the birth registration with the British Embassy?

To apply for a UK passport, my understanding is that we do not need the British birth cert, what we need is the Philippines birth cert.

Am I correct?

Thanks,
    HappyCow

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by veemax View Post
    Thanks very much for all the speedy replies.

As far as I am aware, notarized means that a Notary Public- not just any solicitor, will witness a signature, accompanied by an impression of his or her official notary seal. I’ve tried two quite large local law firms today and none of them are able to notarize a document! I’ve found one that will do it, but it’s some distance away and I’m getting short of time!

I’ve had a look at the UK Border Agency web site- it mentions copies of the passports, but no mention of Notarization!

Thanks again,

Ian
    You don't say where you are resident now !

If in the UK, there should be at least one solicitor in every town who is a Notary Public.

Ring your CAB, or local council.

hello,would just want to share my experience on applying my son's passport recently at the british embassy in manila.
    when i went there i brought with me all the necessary requirements but had problems when it came to the checking of my husbands passport.
    the embassy had my son's application on pending case and i had to ask my husband for the notarized copy of all his passport pages and the photo page of his irish passport notarized. then i went to the embassy lately to submit the notarized copy of his passport.
    i hope everything will go well for the passport processing as it will be sent to hongkong and the lady who assisted me told me before i left the embassy that they were not the ones to decide on the application if its granted or not.so will hv to wait 4 to 6 weeks to know the results.hope this helps

good luck marikistin
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information