Thread: AirAsia

AirAsia

Hi

Anybody used AirAsia for flights, they seem to be one fo the new budget asian airlines.

Been looking at Cebu and AirAsia for budget flights, what other carriers are there please ?

Cheers

Nigel

Respected Member
    Everytime I've looked at them for longhauls out of the UK to Asia they actually came up more expensive then full fare airlines. But I believe they are one of the better low cost airlines.

Respected Member
    Air Asia have been around for a few years now. They were founded by Tony Fernandes the Indian/Malaysian businessman (owner of QPR football team and Lotus F1), who was the chief accountant for Virgin Airlines in the UK for many years before he set up his own airline. They are an Asian version of Ryanair - very no frills, and everything is extra. They currently have operations all over SEA and are expanding to EU too. They're Ok for short haul flights, but I would never fly long haul with them, ie, LGW to KUL. One of my friends flew with them from GB to Malaysia and he said it was the worst flight he's ever had, it's worth paying a bit more for comfort on a long haul.
    I'm flying with them from BKK to SIN next March, I'll reserve my final judgement until then.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by worthingmale View Post

Been looking at Cebu and AirAsia for budget flights, what other carriers are there please ?

Cheers

Nigel
    Where are you looking to go to and from Nigel? It might help narrow it down a bit if we know

Ive used them a lot around Asia, usually Kuala Lumpur - Singapore, Jakarta and Hong Kong but nothing longer than those trips and they are ok - sometimes flights can be delayed but on the whole clean, tidy, nice looking staff and polite.

Hope this helps!

Tone

well all my flights from now on to asia will be via Hong Kong as only found out I can use my Texaco petrol points as Virgin air miles.

I drive a company car and do about 45,000 miles a year and have done for a while now.

So Virgin from UK to Hong Kong and then short haul pref with a budget carrier to Phills.

Respected Member
    Good plan Nigel

My last round trip flight from HKG to MNL cost me around £70 inc taxes ...etc with Cebu Pac on one of their promo's, the one before that was about £150 with PAL (but they did upgrade me to Business Class ) . I don't know if they fly from Honkers to Cebu, but if you look at their route map you'll soon find out.

Banned
    Air Asia X are advertising on the radio that they're now based at Gatwick after kicking Stanstead into touch

http://www.planetalkinglive.com/2011...ve-to-gatwick/

Thread Information