Thread: Hoilidays

Hoilidays

Hi all well we are getting closer to our holiday now, fly out dec 28th to hong kong for 5 days realy realy looking forward to that, then tuesday 3rd jan fly onwards to manila to see the family and enjoy the rest of the holiday,itinerary so far for the phils, land then straight to the marriott for 5 nights, see the family and try to get to tagatay plus anything else that takes our fancy, then jan 8th fly out to legaspi then onwards to san miguel for a week with all emmas family 12 in total 5 kids and 7 adults counting us, looking forward to that our own private island sort off in a large house, 5 meters from the beach 2 boats to use there is nothing to do other then swim fish pick coconuts and walk around the island so lots of talking and playing with the kids and peace and quite only noise will be us lot, booked this through the internet and the price i think is very good for 12, the flights are with airphils, and again i am happy with the price, its our treat for the family they just have to help with the food we have said,the kids and her dad have never flown so they are exceited plus emma is too,after the 15th when we return going north to see friends and try to get to 1 hundred island just me and emma to get over the other weekafter then dont know, but i am sure something will turn up, by the way i too am looking forward to spending time with the family too

Respected Member
    It sounds like a great itinerary Steve, I'm sure you will all have a fantastic time

thanks Ian, just so hard trying to sort it all out, but we are there now

Hong Kong is great, the food is amazing. Have a great time.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sim&lil View Post
    Hong Kong is great, the food is amazing. Have a great time.
    Yep there's a decent McDonalds on Nathan Road and one near Temple St market

no mcdonalds for me anywhere

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    no mcdonalds for me anywhere
    That's what I said until I tried low cost Chinese food in Singapore and Hong Kong at the places the locals eat If you like bones, fat gristle and parts of the animal we only feed to our dogs in your food then you'll be fine.

In fairness, there are some very good western style restaurants in Sing/HK, but you need plenty of cash if you want to eat there. Be warned, don't expect your budget to stretch like it will in the Phils. However, HK is a fantastic place, I absolutely love it there and want to go back as soon as I can

If you get chance, make sure you go on the cable cars to the giant Buddha statue on Lantau island and head out to the land between on the Chinese border to see some wonderful landscapes and temples. A day trip to Macau is also worthwhile, it's a bit like a Chinese Las Vegas, only more OTT

Try the Federal Palace on Nathan Road. Great food and a great atmosphere, not too expensive, it gets very busy Sundays though,people will wait three hours for a table.

Quote Originally Posted by sim&lil View Post
    Try the Federal Palace on Nathan Road......
    Now that's a name that rings a bell. As you say a really nice place and wonderful food.
    There was a huge wedding party going on when we were there. Looked really posh, then we noticed that the ones we thought were bridesmaids dressed up to the nines were actually blokes.

The Mrs and me went on a Sunday with our Hong Kongian friend, as there were only three of us we got a table right away while the big families of locals sat and waited. Did feel out of place though as Wilson didn't tell us where we were going so I was in scruffy old shorts and t shirt. I felt a tad out of place

Respected Member
    I found a nice local place on Temple Street, I ordered chicken something or other in batter and a sauce that looked delicious until I took a bite and found it was all bone and gristle. It was at that point that the 3 legged house moggie limped past me....I dont know why, but it put me off my food

Thread Information