Thread: hundred islands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hundred islands

hi how long to get there from manila and any surgestions where to stay and how long for

Respected Member
    We were going to go earlier this year, Elaine said we could get a bus there In the end we went south to Laguna and Pagsanjan as it didn't look quite as far on the map.

we are planning when we go and see steve and charie to go over to the islands for a few days

Steve,

We stayed in a small hotel right next to the place where the transport boats take you over to the islands. Let Emma haggle a price as they will see you and think the obvious ££££££'s

It is just out of the town of Alaminos (look on Google Earth) If you look there you will see a long straight road that goes north east, it goes right to the end towards the sea. (Amaminos Lucap Rd towards San Joes Dr) the roas at the end to the right is where we stayed. From there you can hire your own personal boat for the day over to the islands, take snorkle and mask. They will take you over to the main islands, and to the highest one (we went there) and also past the island with the bats on.
    These might help:

These are at Our Lady of Manaoag, we had our car blessed

If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Looks great there Steve nice pics mate.

thanks Andy

Visited the islands and spent the day on a beautiful island with just a couple of locals living there, they kept fighting cocks and shared the island with quite a few snakes.

Word of warning though, its all very well to let your other half and her family talk to the boatman, just make sure they get the return pick up right. We were a party of around 12 with 4 of them young children, and the boat was supposed to return at 5pm.
    It never came, and as it was getting dark panic was setting in, especially with the knowledge of large snakes being present. Luckily the locals were talked round to taking us back, they had 1 small fishing boat and a canoe type boat , and the woman and children were put in the larger boat and us men in the canoe for a 30/45 minute journey in pitch black, choppy seas. I found religion that night
    When we arrived and confronted the original boatman he apparently thought we wanted picking up at 5am the next morning. We can laugh now, lesson learnt was don`t let Dad in law near the San Miguel.

Snakes..... no one mentioned snakes !!

We stayed on, what we call 'honeymoon island' over night in our tent. Just the two of us on the beach. It was fantastic, we made small fire for a bbq and i collected fire wood from the bushes. Just us and the ants. Didn't even need clothes.. just like being in a deserted Robinson Cruso island.. brilliant!!

thanks guys , great pictures steve, and emma always does the deal and the tip also i just turn up last minute, and watch there faces

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    thanks guys , great pictures steve, and emma always does the deal and the tip also i just turn up last minute, and watch there faces
    I used to let my first Filipina girlfriend do that until I discovered she was telling me everything cost twice as much and keeping the change for herself

we all have a price in our minds, my problem was leaving the tip, as Emma would say thats too much, so thats why Emma paid that too, our did she pocket it

No tip Steve...........all in the price!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    No tip Steve...........all in the price!!
    Absolutely Steve I don't tip unless someone really goes out of their way to offer me a first class service. No one tips me for doing my job Too many people in the service industry around the world expect a tip for providing something they are already being paid for and in most cases an average service.

Reminds me of the breakfast scene in Reservoir Dogs

I am not a tipping fan, I feel the same as you Ian

100 islands is a brilliant place , well worth the journey from Manila , if I go again it will be on a bus rather than hiring a car . The journey from Manila took about five hours and was straightforward as my navigator seemed to know the route well . The journey back to Manila took 11 hours and ended up taking nearly all night and became an endurance test trying to avoid having a head on collision with oncoming trucks or being run off the road by jeepneys overtaking , the highway ( which I seem to remember finished about the halfway point or less was closed ) . We were diverted off and then I remember slow driving for about four hours on bad roads following signs saying 'diversion' but none mentioning Manila and then unfortunately my navigator had no idea where we were , stopping to ask locals didnt help , no road signs or road lighting no map or satnav . We realised we had been going in a very large circle , perhaps several times . The situation was that bad we were considering just parking up and waiting for daylight but my companion advised that might not be a good idea either so we pressed on . I didnt buy a map because one I did manage to get a peek at looked like a pirates treasure map ( can anyone recommend where to buy good road maps ? ) , with hindsight we could have been much better prepared but at least I learned a valuable lesson , dont drive at night .

Thread Information