Thread: Enforced Voluntary work 4 the work shy

Banned

Enforced Voluntary work 4 the work shy

People who fail to get a job after 2 years on benefits WILL BE FORCED TO DO VOLUNTARY WORK David Cameron said yesterday ...YEHEY!

The scheme is reminiscent of the controversial workfare programmes in the US, where benefits are being cut off altogether in some states when people have been claiming for more than a year.

Good ol United States of America...not only do they produce proper car racing....excite us with there card games, they have a welfare system worthy of David Cammeron copying
    Reference The Daily Mail

Although im not happy about him lowering the threshold of receiving family tax credit.

Respected Member
    Why wait 2 years? A year should be plenty of time for anyone who has genuinely fallen on hard times to get a job.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    Why wait 2 years? A year should be plenty of time for anyone who has genuinely fallen on hard times to get a job.
    I agree ...i fell on hard times in 81...i found work within 3weeks....anyway, its a start in the right direction.

He did say when first getting in power among many other false promises that he would do something about the clocks changing...we are still waiting

Banned
    The sort of enforced work I'd like to see would be for convicts - for example I'd like to see chain gangs out picking litter from the roads in all weather conditions. On a lower lever so called Community Service work should be more rigorous and high profile with the crims wearing hi vis vests emblazoned with their crime.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    The sort of enforced work I'd like to see would be for convicts - for example I'd like to see chain gangs out picking litter from the roads in all weather conditions. On a lower lever so called Community Service work should be more rigorous and high profile with the crims wearing hi vis vests emblazoned with their crime.
    Excellent idea....convicts and dole cheats/ workshy are all the same....the title convicts would do nicely and of course wear the famous orange overalls aka the famous Cuban penitentiary not forgetting all good United States of America state penitentiarys .

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    People who fail to get a job after 2 years on benefits WILL BE FORCED TO DO VOLUNTARY WORK David Cameron said yesterday ...YEHEY!
    Well there you go politicians with their oxymorons "forced to volunteer" but its all been said before, Its just sound byte's like "we're all in this together" "weapons of mass destruction" ect. ...next they will be saying the rich are to rich and they want to even the playing field... Ha Ha Ha...
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Well there you go politicians with their oxymorons "forced to volunteer" but its all been said before, Its just sound byte's like "we're all in this together" "weapons of mass destruction" ect. ...next they will be saying the rich are to rich and they want to even the playing field... Ha Ha Ha...
    You are of course correct,. Mari.....' Forcing them to do voluntary work' is somewhat of a contradictory statement to say the least.

' weapons of mass destruction'....where have we heard that before......Daily Mail printed that recently about Iran.....must be true then.

I wonder if you guys would say that if you lost your job and couldn't get another one for two years?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    I wonder if you guys would say that if you lost your job and couldn't get another one for two years?
    Why on earth wouldn't I find employment within 2yrs when we got coaches from the former Eastern Block countries forming an orderly queue at Victoria station, 7 days a week.
    I can assure you they are not here on a sightseeing mission.

Why on earth wouldn't I find employment within 2yrs when we got coaches from the former Eastern Block countries forming an orderly queue at Victoria station, 7 days a week.
    I can assure you they are not here on a sightseeing mission.
    They have no trouble finding employment because they're willing to work for a couple of quid an hour.

Banned
    They have no trouble finding employment because they're willing to work for a couple of quid an hour.
    There we have the problem....The near 7 pounds an hour minimum wage is not enough to get some of the British unemployed out of there beds yet, it is enough to get the Poles to up sticks and leave there homeland.

A crazy world we live in

There we have the problem....The near 7 pounds an hour minimum wage is not enough to get some of the British unemployed out of there beds yet, it is enough to get the Poles to up sticks and leave there homeland.

A crazy world we live in
    The Eastern Europeans that do work for minimum wage do it because of low living costs due to the fact they share a property amongst themselves and divide the rent and bills accordingly.

Banned
    The Eastern Europeans that do work for minimum wage do it because of low living costs due to the fact they share a property amongst themselves and divide the rent and bills accordingly.
    Your right there.......im sure the word 'thift' came from Poland.
    We have many working where I am.

Many house share...one couple working days the other working nights.

They eat the canteen food...saves them buying shopping..who can blame them...I did the same in the late 80's early 90's working in St Loubes 33....my home then was a Magnum 380

They (POLISH) even get to reclaim there tax back every 6 months...ideal for Xmas and holidays home. They forfeit that perk when they apply and get British citizenship...some don't bother as they will be worse off financially.

Thread Information