Thread: SCRAPBOOK as EVIDENCE of RELATIONSHIP

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite

SCRAPBOOK as EVIDENCE of RELATIONSHIP

Hello Everyone!

I just want to seek the help of the experienced and experts here... I have created a scrapbook which contains important details about how my fiance and I met. The chat logs, highlights for each month since we met and so on. I also placed the cards and book orders, travel details and accommodation in the scrapbook. Will it be ok if I will submit the scrapbook and let the ECO refer to it as a proof of an existing genuine relationship? Or do I need to secure another copy which are all in bond paper to be sumbitted and just forget about submitting the scrapbook? PLease help me....

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I just want to seek the help of the experienced and experts here... I have created a scrapbook which contains important details about how my fiance and I met. The chat logs, highlights for each month since we met and so on. I also placed the cards and book orders, travel details and accommodation in the scrapbook. Will it be ok if I will submit the scrapbook and let the ECO refer to it as a proof of an existing genuine relationship? Or do I need to secure another copy which are all in bond paper to be sumbitted and just forget about submitting the scrapbook? PLease help me....
    jlags,
    Must say that scrapbook sounds like a really wonderful record of your relationship.

Regarding using it as part of your application submission, personally I don't think it is needed, unless you feel that proving a genuine relationship may be a weakness for you.

Of course, it won't do any harm if you do include it, but remember that the ECO will have seen 100's of applications and is experienced enough to know just what key issues satisfy the requirements or not.

Although there is no requirement that two people must spend a specific amount of time together in person, it is reasonable to expect that the ECO may be skeptical of couples with only a very minimal face-to-face history prior to application.
    Hopefully you can get the balance right.

Get your fiance to write a really good letter supporting your application, and outlining how long you have been together and important events and meetings between yourselves.
    You may also briefly outline the start of the relationship, how it developed, the times you met face-to-face, some things you did together, your feelings for each other, why you want to marry, plans for the future and where you will live and how you will support yourselves.

If there is anything complicated or unusual about your application this letter is where you should include a clarification for the ECO.
    You could strengthen the application by including a supporting letter from your fiance's parents saying that they support the future marriage and that they are looking forward to meeting and welcoming you into the family. Nothing complicated, keep it simple.

Just my opinion. Others may see it completely differently.

Respected Member
    Hi Jlags,

I made and love scrapbooking. Its a good memories that are kept. As what terpe said, it will not do harm to make it as an evidence. Its a good remembrance and be treasured. If ever you will submit, hope it will return back. I made scrapbook for my husband, but he would love to keep it and let others see it especially friends. This is just my thoughts. But there's always a way...

Respected Member
    Scrapbooking seems like a very good idea. I just hope im creative enough to make one .
    When I did my application I just paste all the photos with me and my other half in an A4 size paper. Cards and letters together by date. And a good letter of support. " How you meet Statement " is also nice if you want to emphasize your love story.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    jlags,
    Must say that scrapbook sounds like a really wonderful record of your relationship.

Regarding using it as part of your application submission, personally I don't think it is needed, unless you feel that proving a genuine relationship may be a weakness for you.

Of course, it won't do any harm if you do include it, but remember that the ECO will have seen 100's of applications and is experienced enough to know just what key issues satisfy the requirements or not.

Although there is no requirement that two people must spend a specific amount of time together in person, it is reasonable to expect that the ECO may be skeptical of couples with only a very minimal face-to-face history prior to application.

Get your fiance to write a really good letter supporting your application, and outlining how long you have been together and important events and meetings between yourselves.
    You may also briefly outline the start of the relationship, how it developed, the times you met face-to-face, some things you did together, your feelings for each other, why you want to marry, plans for the future and where you will live and how you will support yourselves.

If there is anything complicated or unusual about your application this letter is where you should include a clarification for the ECO.
    You could strengthen the application by including a supporting letter from your fiance's parents saying that they support the future marriage and that they are looking forward to meeting and welcoming you into the family. Nothing complicated, keep it simple.

Thanks terpe, The scrapbbok contains almost everything, our love story which a wrote, all the money transfer receipts, cards, book orders, chat logs, photos together, screen shots, travel details, accommodation details, poems written for each other and chat logs...

My fiance already wrote a letter addressed to the ECO outlining how we met and details of the relationship, wedding plans, accommodation details, his job and my job at present.

Would it be OK if I include the scrapbook and just put a not at the end of the supporting documents which will read: "Please refer to the accompanying scrapbook for evidence of genuine on- going relationship with sponsor" Your opinion will be highly valued.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    jlags,

Thanks terpe, The scrapbbok contains almost everything, our love story which a wrote, all the money transfer receipts, cards, book orders, chat logs, photos together, screen shots, travel details, accommodation details, poems written for each other and chat logs...

My fiance already wrote a letter addressed to the ECO outlining how we met and details of the relationship, wedding plans, accommodation details, his job and my job at present.

Would it be OK if I include the scrapbook and just put a not at the end of the supporting documents which will read: "Please refer to the accompanying scrapbook for evidence of genuine on- going relationship with sponsor" Your opinion will be highly valued.

Quote Originally Posted by ynwa View Post
    Scrapbooking seems like a very good idea. I just hope im creative enough to make one .
    When I did my application I just paste all the photos with me and my other half in an A4 size paper. Cards and letters together by date. And a good letter of support. " How you meet Statement " is also nice if you want to emphasize your love story.
    Thanks ynwa. I also have noticed, all of the documents of my fiance are printed in A4 paper except his wage slips and P60 which are all original copies. Is it necessary to have all supporting documents in A4? Some of my documents are in legal size...

Banned
    Either A4 or Letter or similar size will suffice.

Hiya jlags90,

I love scrapbook too. Until now, I am still doing it. Guess it's a girlie thing.

I agree with Terpe. When u lodge your application, you will be asked according to the list of requirements (in order). Following intructions always helps. I have photocopied the important documents that I think they need it as they always ask for originals except some receipts (I didn't photocopy it). I was even advised to take out any staples & clips while waiting for my name to be called. But it's good to keep in track with all your records & have it handy in case you are ask for more papers to submit...You're doing ok. No worries. Keep smiling
    If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

..........Would it be OK if I include the scrapbook and just put a not at the end of the supporting documents which will read: "Please refer to the accompanying scrapbook for evidence of genuine on- going relationship with sponsor" Your opinion will be highly valued.
    It's your personal choice.
    It's not a needed requirement, but will not do any harm at all to you application,.
    I suppose the only downside is that it will be out of your hands for some time and there is always a risk associated with that.

Respected Member
    Hi jlags,
    It doesnt need to be A4. You can use short size bondpaper if you dont have A4.
    Dont worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria B View Post
    Hiya jlags90,

I love scrapbook too. Until now, I am still doing it. Guess it's a girlie thing.

I agree with Terpe. When u lodge your application, you will be asked according to the list of requirements (in order). Following intructions always helps. I have photocopied the important documents that I think they need it as they always ask for originals except some receipts (I didn't photocopy it). I was even advised to take out any staples & clips while waiting for my name to be called. But it's good to keep in track with all your records & have it handy in case you are ask for more papers to submit...You're doing ok. No worries. Keep smiling

Thanks Maria B. I am so thankful that there are lots of helpful people in this forum. I will be going to include the scrapbook so the ECO will just read important highlights of each milestone in our relationship. I have already secured duplicate copies of everything. SO I think I will need to apply online and fly (for the first time) to Manila. Another adventure is on the way! Have you tried using the VIP Premium Service at VFS? Is it worth the pay? I need to have lodged the visa application in ONE day since I can't leave my work for a longer period.

Banned
    For an extra 1800php the VIP Premium service does give you flexibility on times. You can choose a time and date more easily with the Premium service. It is also quick, only about 15 to 20 minutes.

Thanks Maria B. I am so thankful that there are lots of helpful people in this forum. I will be going to include the scrapbook so the ECO will just read important highlights of each milestone in our relationship. I have already secured duplicate copies of everything. SO I think I will need to apply online and fly (for the first time) to Manila. Another adventure is on the way! Have you tried using the VIP Premium Service at VFS? Is it worth the pay? I need to have lodged the visa application in ONE day since I can't leave my work for a longer period.
    hi jlags90,
    i just want to know if you are going to fill up the form online at visa4uk website then u will click submit after filling it up???

then after that book an appointment at VFS website????

I did gave them my Scrapbook when I applied for my Spouse visa in 2009, In my Scrapbook I had all the photos of us.. And when I deliver my daughter I have all the receipts and photos of her, scan. etc. etc.. Hope this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by lykayu01 View Post
    hi jlags90,
    i just want to know if you are going to fill up the form online at visa4uk website then u will click submit after filling it up???

then after that book an appointment at VFS website????
    I did that too.. I filled in the online application form, printed it... Then booked for an appointment at VFS Global.. Let us ask the experienced members, are we on the right track?

When are you lodging your application lyka? I have booked Dec. 5, 2011... Where will you be staying?

Quote Originally Posted by scottishbride View Post
    I did gave them my Scrapbook when I applied for my Spouse visa in 2009, In my Scrapbook I had all the photos of us.. And when I deliver my daughter I have all the receipts and photos of her, scan. etc. etc.. Hope this will help.
    Thanks Scottish Bride... That helps a lot.. I will be going to use the scrapbook.. It's better so the ECO could read Explanations.. hehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    For an extra 1800php the VIP Premium service does give you flexibility on times. You can choose a time and date more easily with the Premium service. It is also quick, only about 15 to 20 minutes.

Lastlid, i know you would be of great help to this question.

After filling up the online application form, i printed it. Then received a confirmation e-mail. The next thing I did was, I booked an appointment at VFS, dated December 5, 2011 (yipee!) BUT when I booked, I chose Other Visa Category on the drop down menu... NOW, I wanted to avail the VIP Premium Service. I sent an email to VFS with the details needed. If VFS will reply to my email of the VIP request, will I have a duplicate appointment? Help help help.. What shall I do?

Thread Information