Thread: His Auntie drive me off the wall!

His Auntie drive me off the wall!

My husband's Auntie is driving me off the wall! I think she is jealous.. We used to get along well before, when I arrive in the UK, She has 4 kids. THe kids are still young and the youngest is 3 years old. Well to make the story short. When I got a job my Mother in law is looking after my daughter 3 days in a week. And she doesn't like it!!! ( because she also use my mother inlaw, which is her sister to look after her kids) She is jealous because my daughter is the real Granchild not her. And I can do whatever I want, after work.. My daughter and her kids go to the same school, and whenever I try to say hi and approach her she is kinda Nasty to me. I have told my husband this many times over the phone when his away.. Then last December she couldn't take it anymore and embarrased me infront of my husband and the rest of the relative. I did not say anything which I wish I could.. But I might say something bad that I cannot take it back. So until now, I am still angry!!!

Trusted Member
    I don't blame you for being angry.

Definitely jealousy and resentment I'd say.

Time to have words with your husband I think.

Why the hell can't some people just GROW UP !

Yes have a word with your hubby he should support you.

simple graham people cant grow up because they choose "NOT" too
    now tell me..did i ever sound i grow up?? NOPE
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

I did not say anything which I wish I could..
    sis.. wish you did say..even on the local dialect we got just to annoy the hell of her
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Banned
    Families ah...they can be a source of more trouble than what they're worth.

A good job we can pick our friends.

Respected Member
    she wants ultimate pain from you. do the kung fu fighting or the nag olympics

just carry on with life as you did before this happened, you have your family there and it seems mother in law is happy looking after your child, just smile and say nothing but make sure your husband knows everything all the time, good luck

We cannot please everybody, if they dont like you , dont like them back!! ...I also have a daughter and both me and husband is also working , but I never ''oblige'' my mother in law to look after my daughter only in ''some'' circumstances and I make sure I treat her for lunch/dinner out after she looked after my daughter....just remember, we cannot pay ''utang na loob'' !!.. So, for you to have a nice relationship with the family dont give any little hole for them to attack you.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Hello guys, Thank for all your nice wording, I am feeling a bit better. I try to forget it, But the thing is... She is everywhere whenever there is occasions.. Christamas, birthdays, etc. etc. So I will always bump into her. Well I have spoken to my husband about her but he pleeded me to forgive and forget. But how can you actually forgive? If she have never been apologetic, still nasty as she is. My hubby said it is breaking the family. And he wants me to be the one to reconcile with her. I am getting

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    We cannot please everybody, if they dont like you , dont like them back!! ...I also have a daughter and both me and husband is also working , but I never ''oblige'' my mother in law to look after my daughter only in ''some'' circumstances and I make sure I treat her for lunch/dinner out after she looked after my daughter....just remember, we cannot pay ''utang na loob'' !!.. So, for you to have a nice relationship with the family dont give any little hole for them to attack you.
    I am so grateful to have a very good mother inlaw but the problem is her sister. And yes, we do treat them often.. Well, I have come to the point now that I am applying for Flexible hours so no need to depend too much to my Mother in law. So we will see...And I will never allow her sister to ruin the family. She is just a Selfish.. B****!

So hard especially she is also part of the family. Just be patient with her. Maybe she's having a menopause that's why she acts moody
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedMe View Post
    So hard especially she is also part of the family. Just be patient with her. Maybe she's having a menopause that's why she acts moody
    Well to be honest, I have been patient long enough. It is actually my Mother inlaw 50th birthday on Saturday. And my mother inlaw is like torn into pieces. So she have spoken to my husband and said, she will never have hard feelings for me if I did not attend her party. You know.. so it is less awkward for everyone. It is like giving way to her B*** sister. So there you go.. I guess I need to do it for her the sake of the family.

Trusted Member
    Blimey....makes me grateful my lot think I'm a loony and don't bother me anymore.

Thread Information