Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sending money to Pinas using World Remit

Sending money to Pinas using World Remit

I pass through this website called https://www.worldremit.com/en/home. A money transfer service that sends money all over the world including Philippines. Acts like Western Union and they also accept bank to bank transfers which I think is really convenient.

Has anybody here used this service? Is it safe?
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Hi there me and my hubby use cbn grupo with connections in bdo i receive money no hassle and good rate... My card is bdo kabayan

Thanks for the tip lykayu01. Will check it out
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

I am using BPI express online for my remittance and the transfer fees/charge is only £5 , regardless of the exchange rate
    ..Ive checked the link https://www.worldremit.com/en/home and it quickly change its transfer fees , for the minimum amount of pesos i was trying to send
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    I am using BPI express online for my remittance and the transfer fees/charge is only £5 , regardless of the exchange rate
    ..Ive checked the link https://www.worldremit.com/en/home and it quickly change its transfer fees , for the minimum amount of pesos i was trying to send
    That's very true sars.
    I just checked about sending £250 to Phils bank account and the fee came out at £8.21
    For £500 it is £11.92
    For £750 it is £15.63
    For £2000 it is £34.18

Hmm, very expensive charges.

to reduce risks of losing your money,
    it might be wiser to use those that are regulated by the FSA and are members of the British Bankers' Association, like PNB Europe
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    That's very true sars.
    I just checked about sending £250 to Phils bank account and the fee came out at £8.21
    For £500 it is £11.92
    For £750 it is £15.63
    For £2000 it is £34.18

The transfer fee/charges are ok if youre only sending up to £100 , but its more expensive if you need to send more ...
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    The transfer fee/charges are ok if youre only sending up to £100 , but its more expensive if you need to send more ...
    Yes, I checked again for £100 and under and not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    to reduce risks of losing your money,
    it might be wiser to use those that are regulated by the FSA and are members of the British Bankers' Association, like PNB Europe
    I agree with Joebloggs. I also use PNB europe to send money to Phil. Safe and quick.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for your interest in WorldRemit. We are more than delighted that you are considering our company.
    However, we would like to correct some information here.

WorldRemit are regulated by FSA. You can also click on FSA certificate on our homepage to see full information.

Also, we would like to confirm to you that we offer very competitive fees, which you can see from the current rates (Nov 2011) shown below.
    For £1.00 - £50 is £4.50
    For £50.01 - £100 is £5.99
    For £100.01 - £300 is £6.99
    For £300.01 - £500 is £7.99
    For £500.01 - £800.00 is £8.99
    For £800.01 - £1000 is £9.99
    For £1000.01 - £2500 is £11.99
    For £2500.01 - £4500 is £17.99

Since WorldRemit launched its Philippines money transfer service last month, hundreds of Filipinos have already used our service. We hope this will reassure you that our service is safe and convenient.

Should you have any inquiries, please find additional information on our website https://www.worldremit.com/en/philippines or feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience. Our contact details are on our website. We are here to help

Regards,

WorldRemit Team

Thank you WorldRemit Team.
    I agree that your service does offer some benefits.
    IMO though your service charges do not appear to appear to be competitive enough for transfers above £100

Perhaps if you could find a way to agree to provides charges below £6.00 at £1000 and below you may well find an customer base willing to switch.
    Provided of course that the exchange rates remain competitive..

Personally speaking you offer no incentive for me to switch at those specific fee rates.

Good try though.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi all,

Thank you for your comments. We listened to your feedback and we have reduced our fees for larger amounts. We don’t charge additional fees for using debit or credit cards.

Here is our new fee structure for Philippines.

For £1.00 - £50 is £2.99
    For £50.01 - £75 is £3.99
    For£ 75.01 - £150 is £4.99
    For £150.01 - £300 is £5.99
    For £300.01 - £3,500 is £6.99

Visit our website for additional information https://www.worldremit.com/en/philippines or feel free to contact us at. We are here to help

Regards,

WorldRemit Team

I have used wrd remit since they started and have been very pleased with the service I receive. They send texts telling you when money collected and also a text to recipient telling them that the mney is there to collect. Certanly a big improvement on WU for anyone wanting to send money instantly and fairly cheaply.ML'Huillier is everywhere so easy t collect and no hassle just ay with card and no extra charge.

We have no ink with the company.

Paul & Gege

Oops sorry for bad typing above!

P

Thanks so much for this information World Remit. I always wanted to do things online as it is more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldRemit View Post
    Hi all,

Thank you for your comments. We listened to your feedback and we have reduced our fees for larger amounts. We don’t charge additional fees for using debit or credit cards.

Here is our new fee structure for Philippines.

For £1.00 - £50 is £2.99
    For £50.01 - £75 is £3.99
    For£ 75.01 - £150 is £4.99
    For £150.01 - £300 is £5.99
    For £300.01 - £3,500 is £6.99

Visit our website for additional information https://www.worldremit.com/en/philippines or feel free to contact us at. We are here to help

Regards,

WorldRemit Team
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Hi Donah,

I used to send money to Grace via paypal to paypal there is no deduction for me but when I will send money below 7,000 pesos the bank will only get 50 pesos but if its 7,000 pesos above, its for free.. just sharing

goodnight
    ADAMGRACE

I always wanted to send money through Paypal but my parents doesn't have Paypal at the moment. It's going to be a nightmare teaching them how to use it... hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by GraceAdam View Post
    Hi Donah,

I used to send money to Grace via paypal to paypal there is no deduction for me but when I will send money below 7,000 pesos the bank will only get 50 pesos but if its 7,000 pesos above, its for free.. just sharing

goodnight
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Just used WorldRemit for the first last week, straight in to my girlfriends bank account, all was good. I will be using it again as the exchange rate was good as well.

Hi Donah,

goodnight
    You are saying the bank only charges 50 peso for this transaction if you send less than 7000 peso? I always thought paypal charged you for taking money out of your paypal account.

i wonder if i can use this to send money to myself online from the phils so i can avoid the rip off UK bank charges ?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Hi Donah,

goodnight
    The 50 pesos fee is the Paypal fee for transferring money from Paypal to a Philippine bank for money below 7000..Once the money is transferred in the bank, the bank would charge 200 pesos as transaction fee (I'm not sure if it's transaction fee or bank transfer fee)...so if for example you transferred 5000 pesos (which is below 7000) via Paypal, your wife or gf would get 4750 pesos. If you transfer 7000 pesos, your gf or wife would get 6800 pesos. I still consider it cheap since others would charge you around a thousand or more..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hi Donah,

goodnight
    I agree. My husband also use Paypal to send me money sometimes and It always worked well

But he still prefer to use WU cos 10 mins after he sent I can then pick it up at any WU branch. I'll tell him to try world remit next time

hello confused me,

my husband used orbitremit before £7 at any amount.

Quote Originally Posted by juvyjones28 View Post
    I agree. My husband also use Paypal to send me money sometimes and It always worked well

But he still prefer to use WU cos 10 mins after he sent I can then pick it up in any WU branch. I'll tell him to try world remit next time
    I did notice that the worldRemit took 24 hours but not sure if this was because i started the transaction at 5.30pm UK time.

Hi all! I am also using paypal to send money in the Philippines. My bank here charged 55p for 110 pounds (varies on the amt. you send) then my metrobank account charged P136.70 and P200 for BDO but the good thing is it is fixed provided not below 7000 as what they said, there'll be an additional P50. It's still good. Well I tried world remit website but not convinced with the charges..However for emergency, world remit I think is good becoz paypal will normally take 2-3 days. Regarding the rates, I think not that much difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Davao lani View Post
    Hi all! I am also using paypal to send money in the Philippines. My bank here charged 55p for 110 pounds (varies on the amt. you send) then my metrobank account charged P136.70 and P200 for BDO but the good thing is it is fixed provided not below 7000 as what they said, there'll be an additional P50. It's still good. Well I tried world remit website but not convinced with the charges..However for emergency, world remit I think is good becoz paypal will normally take 2-3 days. Regarding the rates, I think not that much difference...
    I sent some money this week on wednesday evening UK time and my girlfriend checked 1pm friday phil time, the money had not gone in so i phoned WorldRemit and it takes 2 working days for the money to appear in her bank. I was told that Metro Bank is two days with WorldRemit so i would presume most if not all the other banks will be the same.

I see Rory. You are using worldremit but still take a long time to get into your bank account...I've got no idea. But probably in other pay-out centers would be quicker like cebuana.

me and the princess have used world remit 2 time now and have been very please with the service , the recipent got a text pretty quick advising them the fund were ready to collect .good service alround .

will probaly use it to send funds to myself when on vacation next month in phils so i can avoid rip off UK ATM FEES !!

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Needed them opinions from ones who tried World Remit before.
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Thanks a lot for the info guys.. my husband will send money for my visa fees..I will advise him to send through World Remit instead WU.Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    That's very true sars.
    For £500 it is £11.92
    For £750 it is £15.63
    For £2000 it is £34.18

you think so? i use western union, i sent £750 around May time and they charged 45 pounds. i use thm 2 or 3 times a month to send money to my wife,but today ive discovered their charge has gone up from £4.90 for every£ 50 pounds sent to £6.90.im now looking to use someone else.coz i want to send the 58,230 + for my wifes visa next week,but no way am i useing w/union if i can find someone else.my wife doesnt have a bank account so it has to be somewhere she can pick up the cash. i think i'll try WORLDREMIT? i noticed their charge is £2.99 for 50 pounds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information