Thread: Spouse - Day of departure

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Spouse - Day of departure

Hi,

I'd like to check this by the wise men here please.

Done pretty much everything now including winning an appeal. The mrs is due to go to the seminar and after that I'll book the flight.

On the day she leaves I'm thinking she'll want travel\food\spare money plus PHP1,620 travel tax and PHP750 airport tax. Is that right gents? Does she pay the bigger tax at that desk on the entrance side of terminal one before she gets in the check-in queue or afterwards?

Any other advice for this last part?

Thanks

How much is the Philippine Travel Tax?
    For adult passengers, the travel tax is PHP1,620 (Business and Economy class) and PHP810 for children (2-11 years).

I bought my ticket from your website. Is travel tax already included in the total amount paid?
    No. Philippine Travel Tax is not included in the total fare quoted online. For international journeys, Philippine travel tax, if applicable, shall be collected by the Philippine Tourism Authority at Philippine Airports.

Travel tax shall be levied on (a) all citizens of the Philippines; (b) permanent resident aliens; and (c) non-immigrant aliens who have stayed in the Philippines for more than one (1) year, who are leaving the country.

If you are exempted from paying the Philippine Travel Tax or entitled to a reduced travel tax, please secure applicable certificates such as follows, from Philippine Tourism Authority (PTA), Department of Tourism (DOT) before making reservations:

•Tax Exemption Certificate (TEC) if you are exempted from paying the Philippine Travel Tax

•Reduced Travel Tax Certificate (RTTC) if you are qualified for a reduced Philippine Travel Tax and

•Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) if you are an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW)

Please click PTA Travel Tax Primer for further details.

How much airport terminal fee will I pay for my flight?
    Airport terminal fees are PHP750 for international departures and PHP200 for local/domestic departures. These fees will be collected at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Centennial Terminal 2).

For AirPhil Express code-shared flights, PHP200 per passenger will be collected at the NAIA Terminal 3.
    hope this helps

Trusted Member
    From what I remember my ex used to pay the travel tax before going through immigration.

You pay the departure tax after filling in your departure card, and then get passport checked etc....after which you're through to departure lounges.

p3000 should cover her.

Banned

Banned
    I feared the worst but in the end it turned out to be quite easy. Having said that, my wife was fully prepared, just in case.

The easiest bit was UK Immigration as the computer had broken down and the officer, after a quick question or two, waved us both through.

I recall she asked my wife if she intended to work in the UK, but I don't know if that was just chat.
    Last edited by lastlid; 30th November 2011 at 09:37.

u need to pay travel tax just after the entrance.....then check-in....then qeue for immigration...then boarding.....hope this help!!

Thanks very much everyone for your replies.

So it's a base cost of 3k and she'll be there early to pay the travel tax first, which is done where I thought it was, before joining the queue for when check-in opens. After that it's as I remember myself.

I checked with the airline about her not being the card holder for the ticket, so I already gave her a colour copy of it with a signed note explaining, which is what they said is required in case it is questioned.

The seminar doesn't sound like any hassle compared to all the rest we've all been through. I hope to be together with my wife for Christmas and then it all starts again with what to set about for ILR evidence I guess.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdere View Post
    Thanks very much everyone for your replies.

So it's a base cost of 3k and she'll be there early to pay the travel tax first, which is done where I thought it was, before joining the queue for when check-in opens. After that it's as I remember myself.

I checked with the airline about her not being the card holder for the ticket, so I already gave her a colour copy of it with a signed note explaining, which is what they said is required in case it is questioned.

The seminar doesn't sound like any hassle compared to all the rest we've all been through. I hope to be together with my wife for Christmas and then it all starts again with what to set about for ILR evidence I guess.

Cheers.
    It looks like you've got all the 'angles covered' well done.
    Great to know you're providing the right level of support for your mahal.

I'm sure you'll get all the ILR requirements sorted no problem. It's good to think about it early.
    Don't get too stressed though, it's more of a formality. I can't recall anyone getting refused on ILR for anything.

Looks like this will be a very special xmas. Good luck
    Enjoy!!

Thanks Terpe. Much appreciated.

do i recall correctly that there is some exmpetions in paying the travel tax if you have been overseas for so long or something ???

Quote Originally Posted by mistermatty View Post
    do i recall correctly that there is some exmpetions in paying the travel tax if you have been overseas for so long or something ???

Yes, I believe so. If you follow the link lastlid posted further up there is a post by raynaputi with information about it.

Thread Information