Hi everyone it’s been a long time since I have made a post here, it’s been a very hectic two months for me. I didn’t want to start posting without making a proper update as to where I have been.

As you may have known my wife was granted a spouse visa to the UK on the 26 September, it has been pretty much a whirlwind from then sorting of a flight, moving places etc. After 10 months apart I was able to pick Madel up from Heathrow on 5 October after her flight went smoothly. Probably one of the greatest feelings ever when noticing her come through the terminal gates! Luckily for me I was able to take three weeks off to help Madel settle in to the UK life, and she seems to be enjoying it here.

In the first few weeks we bought a new wardrobe for Madel. TK max is a great place to go if you have a petite Filipina as everything seems to be in her size (or not so good as the amount you spend is enormous even though its cheap! ) I decided to move from parents home and get our own place when I knew she was granted a visa, as I wanted us to be able to build up and choose our house things together, so we have been buying a lot of new things for our new rented home.

She has met all the family who love her to bits. When I was back at work Madel would catch the bus to either my parents house or my sister in laws who would meet them off the bus and spend the day with them. She is still regularly going to church on Sunday, but hasn’t really met any Filipinas there as. There has been a lot of sightseeing been done around Oxford and the local area and further a field. She has also has been able to meet another forum member’s wife which I know she enjoyed so much! And I was able to meet the good man himself after we both finished work.

In the meantime she has already been able to find a job, temporary Christmas staff assistant in a shop which she is enjoying. There were a lot of nights where I would Madel help fill out applications for different companies, in the end she succeeded.

So life is all good at the moment, sorry it has been so long in posting and I hope everyone is well. There is so much more I could say but I wouldn’t want to bore you.