After tropical depression Sendong left CDO it headed for Dumaguete....It reached here at day break 6.00am Saturday morning....The Banica River which is the main river that runs thru the city burst its banks....I will try to add some pics....but it has 4m high concrete retaining walls on both sides of the river all the way to the ocean as it runs thru the city centre.

The water from the hills (Valencia) area came rushing down raising the water level 2m about the concrete retaining walls....The locals living on the side of the river never had a chance to save any of their belongings.....This is the 1st time water has ever reached to top of the walls, let alone 2m above the walls.

There wasn't much wind 65km....it was just this very very heavy rain...The down pour lasted for about 4 hrs....I went down to the boulevard about 3km from our house at 7.30am the waves were quite big....The big Super Ferry from Manila was taking a pounding at the pier...Another cargo ship the captain decided it would be better to take its chances in open water (bad decision) when it was free of the pier the waves just smashed it back into the pier damaging the hull....Eventually ended up washed up 1km down the boulevard...I had to leave the city as the water was close to the level of the exhaust pipe.

We are still without water but the power is back on, would be nice to have a shower and be able to cook....but lucky compared with other people....My partner got their family,friends & neighbors together to donate old clothes and we took a big load down to the church....Some pretty sad faces around here.....

I will try to add photo's