Thread: VISA APPROVED in 7 DAYS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    Thanks everyone! Dave gave me a link of an online store where I could order clothes to keep me warm... Yet, I am not so sure with the size... I am afraid I will have to choose in the kids section.. does anyone know what is the size appropriate for me in English measurement??? I have 24 inches waistline... 5 feet and 2 inches short... hahaha

Yet, I am leaving in April. I still have a job to finish til 2nd week of April....

Though everything has been set in his place (including an exclusive room where I will stay while I am still adjusting to the climate), It might be very difficult for me to get used to the freezing weather....

I am already accepting thick clothes donations....
    We havent found clothes buying easy for my wife in the UK...........

It sounds like you will take a UK 6 or 8. But as you may know, one shop's size 8 is another shop's size 6, kind of thing....so it is hard to be certain.

My wife is 4ft 11" tall. She had a 25" waste but has put some weight on since arriving here 2.5 months ago. She has to buy some clothes from the kids sections and gets some from the adult section, depending on the shop. She most definitely doesnt like many of the kids ranges. We have found out that Miss Selfridge have a "petite" range and are online also and they do both 6 and size 8 and she fits into their clothes okay. Some shops dont go below an 8 eg Marks and Spencer and she finds that their size 8 clothes are too big / too long, except leggins.

We bought her pyjamas from M and S in the kids range.......to fit a 13 year old, I seem to recall Managed to get a set without Justin Beiber on.....
    Seems daft but true.....they fit her quite well.

On a good note, she has been able to get adult shoe sizes no problem.

I have a feel for this kind of thing as my previous gf, who was scottish, was skinny and took a size 6 in jeans but could never get jeans that were long enough as she was 5ft 6".....the opposite problem to my wifes.

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    We havent found clothes buying easy for my wife in the UK...........

It sounds like you will take a UK 6 or 8. But as you may know, one shop's size 8 is another shop's size 6, kind of thing....so it is hard to be certain.

My wife is 4ft 11" tall. She had a 25" waste but has put some weight on since arriving here 2.5 months ago. She has to buy some clothes from the kids sections and gets some from the adult section, depending on the shop. She most definitely doesnt like many of the kids ranges. We have found out that Miss Selfridge have a "petite" range and are online also and they do both 6 and size 8 and she fits into their clothes okay. We bought her pyjamas from M and S in the kids range.......to fit a 13 year old, I seem to recall Managed to get a set without Justin Beiber on.....
    Seems daft but true.....they fit her quite well.

I have a feel for this kind of thing as my previous gf, who was scottish, was skinny and took a size 6 in jeans but could never get jeans that were long enough as she was 5ft 6".....the opposite problem to my wifes.

I am afraid I will be wearing jackets with spiderman, harry potter, or barbie, tweety and kids stuff prints

I will miss wearing flip flops in UK... Dave prohibited me to bring a flip flop but I insisted to bring two pairs to remind me of home...
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Thread Information