Thread: UK food aid for Somalia

Respected Member

UK food aid for Somalia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16296849

The UK is sending food aid to Somalia The area where anyone over the age of 14 is encouraged to take up piracy and hold ships crews and cargo to ransom. A country with no effective governance and a breeding ground for terrorists

I haven't seen anything from the Government saying they are sending aid to the areas of the Southern Philippines which were so devasted in last weekends typhoon and floods.

I don't like seeing pictures of starving kids on TV, and am grateful that I'm not in their shoes. However, I can't help feeling that many of Somalia's problems are self inflicted, whereas the good people of CDO couldn't do much about last weekends freak typhoon - surely they are equally as deserving of UK aid as Somalia

Trusted Member
    As long as they STAY in Somalia I'm not too fussed.

I agree as regards the apparent lack of equal concern for the poor Filipinos.

Banned
    The halfwitted International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell also believes in Father Christmas :-

He said it would also help prevent terrorism and disorder in Somalia which was a "direct threat" to the UK.

Trusted Member
    Only because we let the ....ers in !!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    The halfwitted International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell also believes in Father Christmas :-

He said it would also help prevent terrorism and disorder in Somalia which was a "direct threat" to the UK.
    So, young Abdul in Somalia has two choices, he can take a bag of grain which will feed his family for a week and then go back to his villaga and be a good boy.....or he can take an AK47 join a pirate gang and take a share of a 10 million dollar ransom as long as he makes it safely back to the coast where no one is ever going to catch him.....chances are that he'll take the bag of grain and the AK

Trusted Member
    I see on the news that it has now well and truly kicked off in Iraq between the rival muslims 3 DAYS after the departure of the yanks, so proving what an utter waste of time, lives and money it was our interfering in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    So, young Abdul in Somalia has two choices, he can take a bag of grain which will feed his family for a week and then go back to his villaga and be a good boy.....or he can take an AK47 join a pirate gang and take a share of a 10 million dollar ransom as long as he makes it safely back to the coast where no one is ever going to catch him.....chances are that he'll take the bag of grain and the AK
    not forgetting all this on a full belly funded by uk

Thread Information