Thread: Cenomar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cenomar

I had spent a few hours on here reading many problems and issues that have turned up. The more i read the more i worry about everything and what might go wrong in planning our wedding.

Firstly the Cenomar which my fiancee needs, i have told her she needs this, she says she has her first cert and proof of no marriage. Is the Cenomar a single document that is required my her or will a few documents, ie.. birth cert be enough.

Secondly, i see i can apply for my CNI online via gov.co.uk at a cost of £65. For this fee i take it they check that all is proper and correct and i will get my CNI in the post 21+ days later or am i being very naive about everything.

Respected Member
    You actually both need a CENOMAR, they can both be applied for online at www.ecensus.com.ph . If your fiance pays for both locally and gets them both delivered to her house, thats the best option.
    You need to apply for your CNI, you can do it at your local registry office (30 pounds i think), and then wait the 21 days, it's then valid for 3 months. When you get to the Philippines you goto the Embassu or consulate who will convert that to a local CNI. You the present that at the city hall to obtain a Marriage License, which takes a minimum of 10 days.
    Normally it's all fairly straightforward, all the very best.

I thought that is was only my fiancee that need a cenomar but i also read that it depends on where you get get married over there as well. We will just get one each so everything is covered.
    Thanks for the reply Ricky

Trusted Member
    Yes Rory, you both need one.

Phils govt. and ours need proof that you are both legally free to marry....which makes sense I suppose, and protects BOTH prospective spouses.

Respected Member
    It's a fairly recent requirement Rory, it used to be just the Filipina.

Please note after you get your cni you have to take it to the british embassy in manila. Another £65..

Respected Member
    yeps not cheap andy, also the consul in Cebu can provide the conversion.

yes, i have just checked out that i can change my CNI for a phil one at the Honorary consul in Cebu, so i am hoping we will not have to travel to Manila.

Respected Member
    Hi Rory, just give Moya Jackson, the Honorary Consul in Cebu, a call a few days before to make an appointment, and it will all go smoothly.

Cheers, that i hope we can sort out now, my new concern now is the Cenomar documents we need now. We have to get these before i travel there for the wedding, so i need to get some documents there before me!!!!

Respected Member
    As i said, the CENOMAR is dead easy, you goto the website, put in your details, put in your future wifes details. Complete the request, let you mahal print out the receiept/reference number, take it to the bank, pay the small fee, and the CENOMAR will be delivered to her in about 2-3 days. Very Easy.

The website does also allow you to pay for the CENOMAR yourself by credit card and have it delivered to the UK, don't bother with that.

When is the wedding Rory?

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    When is the wedding Rory?
    Hi Andy, i did read all your thread about your build up to your wedding so you will know my mind will be trying to cover all the negatives that could go wrong.
    We have no fixed date yet as you might imagine. My future wife is wanting this March as her cousin has now come out and said that she is getting married in May and all i am getting in my ear is that we have to get married first to get the family blessing as it is bad luck to have two family weddings in the same calendar year. The fact that we announced we were get married last May is not the problem, it is who getting married first!!!!
    The start of April is holy week so i am realistically looking at late April or early May but i can do late March if i am happy i have all the documents and all the angles covered.

Thread Information