Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
What an amazing lack of response to an issue which concerns women ( and increasingly men ) of all ages, from UK and Philippines
How long do you think it took to prepare this thread ?
The only replies have been from males, and where their ages are stated, the youngest is 57
I only hope that the 159 views included a few females, who either agree with what has been said, or don't feel motivated to reply. Whether or not you choose to respond, please at least be aware of the scandalous lack of regulation of cosmetic surgery and injections both in the UK and the Philippines.
The president of the appropriately named British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons ( BAAPS ) - entirely reputable - has actually claimed to know of some dentists who have put breast implants in.
If you have got this far, please think twice, and again, about cosmetic procedures. It's an expensive minefield Consider yourself lucky if you have never needed surgery. Use what savings you may have more sensibly.
Yes, that's my opinion - but it's shared by others, and backed up by facts .
I am now back at work after the Christmas and New Year holidays and have only just logged on and seen this thread. There appear to be far fewer women on this website that regularly contribute to any threads, not just this one. Please don’t forget that the majority of women here are Filipina and perhaps a bit more reserved and shy about openly contributing. There will also be those that struggle to express themselves in English and those without any experience/ knowledge of the subject matter.

I personally haven’t had any plastic/ cosmetic surgery. I don’t like the idea of having botox injections or any other kind of fillers. If I did feel a need for cosmetic surgery, there is absolutely no way on earth that I would contemplate having any such procedure abroad. There are too many horror stories about and I don’t see the point in putting oneself at risk further.

Thanks for bringing an interesting subject to the forefront Doc Alan