Thread: 2nd visa refusal

Newbie (Restricted Access)

2nd visa refusal

Hi. I have a girlfriend in the Phps. We have met 4 times over the last year and chat everyday on skype,sms etc.
    She has 4 children which we disclosed on the visitor visa application but this may now be the reason why the application is being refused.
    The first application had comments by the ECO that needed confirmation and income better disclosed. We did this and refiled, but refused again. ECO said they would not convinced of her intentions. I guess to either stay in UK or to work in UK. Neither of which are true.
    We are pulling together old income and statements for businesses that she is and has been running, but these are mainly cash businesses, so not that easy.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what can be included to gain a tourist visa?

Also does being refused twice already have any problems in reapplying (with me evidence of course)?

Thanks

i don't think the reason she was refused was because she has 4 children, what reason could they have for that? i can understand that being a reason for her to return

maybe as you said, they are not convinced of her intentions and they think she will work as she has 4 kids to support ..

how old are her kids and do you send her money ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

sorry to hear refusel this happened to me and my fiancee they said same as you said about dought her return and work i know its wrong they take our money and have no intention of a visa as with us were going to marry and then apply for spouse visa good luck

Quote Originally Posted by filmstar View Post
    Hi. I have a girlfriend in the Phps. We have met 4 times over the last year and chat everyday on skype,sms etc.
    She has 4 children which we disclosed on the visitor visa application but this may now be the reason why the application is being refused.
    The first application had comments by the ECO that needed confirmation and income better disclosed. We did this and refiled, but refused again. ECO said they would not convinced of her intentions. I guess to either stay in UK or to work in UK. Neither of which are true.
    We are pulling together old income and statements for businesses that she is and has been running, but these are mainly cash businesses, so not that easy.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what can be included to gain a tourist visa?

Also does being refused twice already have any problems in reapplying (with me evidence of course)?

Thanks
    Sorry to hear your sad news.

If you would like to have the best advice, you should consider to publish the actual wording of EACH refusal her.
    The key to success is always contained in the refusal letter and reasons given.

Always bear in mind the ECO is looking to be be sure that your G/F is not intent on being an immigrant.
    The ECO must be convinced that on balance, the reasons to return to Phils significantly outweighs the reasons to overstay.

Importantly do not overstate the romantic link.

Leaving children in Phils is not always a good reasons to return.

If you feel able to publish the refusal letter wording please do so. You can always take out names and other personal details.

Plenty here will help you.

sorry to hear about the refusal! :( I still don't know about what's going on with my application but I am hoping and praying for miracle to happen.. just be strong and never give up.
    ADAMGRACE

sorry to hear about the refusal of your tourist visa.
    sir terpe was right, maybe if you feel like posting here your refusal letter it would be better as our friends here in the forum could give you piece of their mind about what went right or wrong and what you need to do.

Thank you all for your replies.
    I do not have the actual wording here but it was along the lines of explaining historic income and amounts in her bank account. Yes i have given some money to her to allow her to focus on getting paperwork together for the visa.

Sorry, i should also mention in the refusal letter that they are asking about sources of current income.

My guess is that the ECO wants to see strong ties to Pinas to be sure she will return.

Is she employed?

What evidence did she submit that could convince the ECO that she has more reasons to return home than stay in Phils?
    What was the requested duration? Did she show sufficient funds to cover?

There's no appeals process for her, but before another application is made you both need to fully understand what the ECO is looking for, and how to provide that convincing evidence.

To be honest, the visit visa is the most tricky.

Thank you again for your reply.
    Yes i agree with you. Her income is mixed, from land owned, from work and from a business she runs. So not straight forward and paperwork takes time to pull together in a way that can't be questioned. We want to do it right next time. I am surprised by the difficulty. I think the chances of her over staying in the UK are zero. I think the biggest issue in our relationship is that she will miss her family/friends and life in the Phps. So the opposite concern of the ECO. Funny old world...
    We will continue!

Quote Originally Posted by filmstar View Post
    I think the biggest issue in our relationship is that she will miss her family/friends and life in the Phps. So the opposite concern of the ECO. Funny old world...
    We will continue!
    a simple family tree showing most if not all her family live in the phils actually might help as one reason for her to return before her visa expires.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    a simple family tree showing most if not all her family live in the phils actually might help as one reason for her to return before her visa expires.
    This is a good idea. Has anyone heard that it has helped in the past? Or used this idea?

Thanks!

Not totally sure of your g/f's family situation of course, but to many, producing a family tree showing most of the family still living and working in Phils might be a problem which most I imagine would guess, there's such a high percentage of migrant workers.

Think my girlfriend, most of her siblings work abroad, and that's far from unique of course.

Not wanting to look on the down side of course, and good luck, really hope you can sort this

Hi Filmstar,
    My gf has just had a six month general visa granted, 7 days from date of submitting all our documents, without an interveiw, it is possible, don't give up, supply plenty of detailed information, our folder contained about 50+ pages, including 12 months bank statements for myself. paint the full picture with your documents.
    Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen550 View Post
    Hi Filmstar,
    My gf has just had a six month general visa granted, 7 days from date of submitting all our documents, without an interveiw, it is possible, don't give up, supply plenty of detailed information, our folder contained about 50+ pages, including 12 months bank statements for myself. paint the full picture with your documents.
    Stephen.
    I happy to hear your g/f got her visa.
    Aside from demonstrating sufficient reason and finance the big issue is still having reasons to return home and not to overstay the visa.
    Without this the visa will not be given.

dont give up

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I happy to hear your g/f got her visa.
    Aside from demonstrating sufficient reason and finance the big issue is still having reasons to return home and not to overstay the visa.
    Without this the visa will not be given.
    hi! did u include a cover letter or did u and your gf wrote a letter to the ECO stating your relationship, how it started and grow? I believe letter from u most especially will help a lot, everything follows then...don't give up, I knew few who were granted who has been refused twice and on their 3rd application were granted as long as you provide answers to their grounds of the refusal and a story about your relationship. I hope this will give u hope...good luck

Thread Information