Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: We must all sign this petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... - TOTALLY impracticable for at least TWO reasons that immediately spring to mind:

1. T'would inevitably mean starting from scratch. You'd need to be resourceful workwise. Okay, I KNOW you've "been there ... done that ... worn the 'T'~shirt et al"! But not everyone has your tenacity in that respect. Jobs might well "grow on trees" - if you're prepared to do constant hard graft on a banana or coconut plantation - but the hours are exceedingly long and arduous, in humid temperatures completely unsuited to many westerners ... and the earnings most likely crap compared to what the majority have been accustomed to previously. And then there's the [not so small] consideration of finding appropriate accommodation at an affordable price either to buy or rent ... and

2. Probably even more importantly ... there would be no NHS to fall back on should you be stricken by any of all manner of illnesses.

IMO ... FAR from ideal!
    Totally agree with you arthur my thoughts exactly

Then its not true love steve,if a woman isnt allowed in her husbands country and they are totally in love then the husband would lower his living expectations and move to hers,one of my mates sadly now deceased did just that,moved to pinas with a few quid and lived with his woman for 4 years I think?Dont think you wouldnt survive,you would be surprised how little most of the planet do get by on to be truthfull True love has no barriers

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Then its not true love steve,if a woman isnt allowed in her husbands country and they are totally in love then the husband would lower his living expectations and move to hers,one of my mates sadly now deceased did just that,moved to pinas with a few quid and lived with his woman for 4 years I think?Dont think you wouldnt survive,you would be surprised how little most of the planet do get by on to be truthfull True love has no barriers
    I think something like this would make a good thread.

My gut feeling tells me even I could actually survive with almost nothing in some environments (maybe Pinas?).
    But I also have a feeling feel that it might be almost impossible in some environments.
    (maybe UK?)

Would be interesting to learn the possibilities (just in case)

Me signed to It caused me much sadness and tears to be honest lats night and my love as well at the thought we never be together. I pray that this does not go through or at least they make a big conession for those who are genuine and can prove their love for their woman. I even thought about moving and living in philly but as you say no jobs very little income, bUT I do not give up hope there will some how be away around it, being a praying man I am asking my God on the behalf all of all of you that this bill is thrown out, 1
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Trusted Member
    Catching lunch....

Home sweet home....

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    I am asking my God on the behalf all of all of you that this bill is thrown out, 1
    Is it a "bill" - or just something the border agency can do with the government saying "do it"?
    If it's a bill that has to go through the house, well I wouldn't count on it being passed, I really can't see most of Labour supporting it in it's entirety, and the LibDems possibly even less so.
    Can't really imagine the tories imposing a three line whip on such an unimportant matter (to them). The lords are also possible to request changes all delaying it.
    Since it's supposed to happen in just over 2 months, then it surely can't be a bill? There just isn't time.

... if a woman isnt allowed in her husbands country and they are totally in love then the husband would lower his living expectations and move to hers, one of my mates sadly now deceased did just that,moved to pinas with a few quid and lived with his woman for 4 years I think?
    ... can't help wondering if MAYBE that's WHY he's now deceased.

theres a lot of families on low income can live without support of tax payers funding, its called living within your means,
    which hasnt been been put into practice by many for some years now due to being encouraged to live off credit, and many have lost their homes due to this, cars on credit, mortgaged beyond their means , almost everything encouraged to buy on credit,
    living on very little is what philippinas are used to,
    im all for a set period of not being allowed support,
    but i dont support this proposal, those in govermont positions on high income have no idea what a lower income is ,

But I also have a feeling feel that it might be almost impossible in some environments.
    (maybe UK?)
    The normans called the UK the land of the fat serf because we have an abundance of fertile ground and food around us,you can and would survive in the UK providing you already had the house,meat is all around you,as is fish,some pinoy families survive on one meal a day rice and fish,bit of fruit if they are lucky.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I am not crazy steve,some of us are just a little more resourceful than others I guess

living on very little is what philippinas are used to
    Exactly,I have been through affluent times and times of very little,the happiest times with true love transcend money,cash doesnt come into the equation,if I truly loved someone and they couldnt come here then I would up sticks without a moments hesitation,you can and you do survive,we are adaptable,I dont need a large TV and a decent house if I have my soul mate,I know you cant eat love but you really do survive,you adapt.

I agree tawi that true love has no barriers but lets be practical wherever you live in the world you need some kind of income

Ok if you are retired & have a pension but how about those who are not near to retiring age who have to depend on a working wage or benefits with very limited savings you know as well is i do in the phils there is no goverment help so if you dont have an income you are left helpless & are forced too survive on your own hence why there are so many homeless & poverty stricken families in the phils.

Explain to me how do you survive in the phils with no income & very little savings

Trusted Member
    Hmm...think I'm going to live in the Philippines...again.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Hmm...think I'm going to live in the Philippines...again.
    yeah just think no heating bills, no winter clothes to buy,no council tax,
    in exchange for hot weather, beutiful beaches, beutiful women,
    only downside is medical costs if taken badly ill

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    yeah just think no heating bills, no winter clothes to buy,no council tax,
    in exchange for hot weather, beutiful beaches, beutiful women,
    only downside is medical costs if taken badly ill
    Too true.

I'm bloody frozzen at the moment.

If I get lung cancer, (the most likely ailment) don't think that's going to be fixed anywhere.

Trusted Member
    Purchase or build suitable low-maintenance property (no running water or electric).

Trusted Member
    Save money by sharing local transport.

Trusted Member
    Make use of your local free bathing facilities.

...and of course share some simple camaraderie with your friendly neighbours.

Im not suggesting that you are crazy tawi just that your suggestion is a wee bit crazy.

But im sure that you can explain to me that how wilth no income no employment & little savings you can live in the phils with your wife & or children i would certainly like to know the answer to this.

Oh & how many years would you think possible to live in the phils in this way.

Tawi i certainly am not suggesting that you are crazy as reading many of your previous posts you come across as an itelligent person.

Great photos graham a true life grizzly adams

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Great photos graham a true life grizzly adams
    Haha...got me sorting through my pics now....just to bore everyone with again.

Have to nip out to (spit) Tescos soon though.

Living in the Phils....learn how to ride your Carabao.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Haha...got me sorting through my pics now....just to bore everyone with again.

Have to nip out to (spit) Tescos soon though.

Living in the Phils....learn how to ride your Carabao.
    see no high price petrol to pay

Respected Member
    great pics !!

We are all different people steve,we think and react different to whatever situation we find ourself,some are self reliant and some arent,some need to be spoon fed and some dont,some see opportunity,others dont,I will just leave it at that,but if I couldnt get a woman here then without hesitation I would go there,if I thought about her from dawn to dusk,if I got pains in my chest from seperation anguish then yes,no probs I would go,I have done a lot stupider things and survived them

Trusted Member
    We are all different people steve,we think and react different to whatever situation we find ourself,some are self reliant and some arent,some need to be spoon fed and some dont,some see opportunity,others dont,I will just leave it at that,but if I couldnt get a woman here then without hesitation I would go there,if I thought about her from dawn to dusk,if I got pains in my chest from seperation anguish then yes,no probs I would go,I have done a lot stupider things and survived them
    I think you and I should hook up mate...you sound as mad as me.

Im sure you would tawi but you still have not answered my question which im sure that your answer would help many on this forum who find themselves in this situation & would maybe be forced into thinking to move to the phils on little savings no employment & no income whatsoever.

I think you and I should hook up mate...you sound as mad as me.
    I think we have shared past history graham,and I know we have trodden the same ground

Trusted Member
    I think we have shared past history graham,and I know we have trodden the same ground
    I've certainly 'moved' plenty on various construction sites in Hong Kong.

create a commune, if this legistlation goes through, maybe doc allan can do our emergency operations

You certainly have an amazing photo collection graham a photo on almost every subject

I must say you nevwr cease to amaze me

Thread Information