Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: We must all sign this petition

Trusted Member
    Catching lunch....

Home sweet home....

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Hmm...think I'm going to live in the Philippines...again.
    yeah just think no heating bills, no winter clothes to buy,no council tax,
    in exchange for hot weather, beutiful beaches, beutiful women,
    only downside is medical costs if taken badly ill

Great photos graham a true life grizzly adams

We are all different people steve,we think and react different to whatever situation we find ourself,some are self reliant and some arent,some need to be spoon fed and some dont,some see opportunity,others dont,I will just leave it at that,but if I couldnt get a woman here then without hesitation I would go there,if I thought about her from dawn to dusk,if I got pains in my chest from seperation anguish then yes,no probs I would go,I have done a lot stupider things and survived them

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    yeah just think no heating bills, no winter clothes to buy,no council tax,
    in exchange for hot weather, beutiful beaches, beutiful women,
    only downside is medical costs if taken badly ill
    Too true.

I'm bloody frozzen at the moment.

If I get lung cancer, (the most likely ailment) don't think that's going to be fixed anywhere.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    We are all different people steve,we think and react different to whatever situation we find ourself,some are self reliant and some arent,some need to be spoon fed and some dont,some see opportunity,others dont,I will just leave it at that,but if I couldnt get a woman here then without hesitation I would go there,if I thought about her from dawn to dusk,if I got pains in my chest from seperation anguish then yes,no probs I would go,I have done a lot stupider things and survived them
    I think you and I should hook up mate...you sound as mad as me.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Great photos graham a true life grizzly adams
    Haha...got me sorting through my pics now....just to bore everyone with again.

Have to nip out to (spit) Tescos soon though.

Living in the Phils....learn how to ride your Carabao.

Im sure you would tawi but you still have not answered my question which im sure that your answer would help many on this forum who find themselves in this situation & would maybe be forced into thinking to move to the phils on little savings no employment & no income whatsoever.

I think you and I should hook up mate...you sound as mad as me.
    I think we have shared past history graham,and I know we have trodden the same ground

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Purchase or build suitable low-maintenance property (no running water or electric).

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Haha...got me sorting through my pics now....just to bore everyone with again.

Have to nip out to (spit) Tescos soon though.

Living in the Phils....learn how to ride your Carabao.
    see no high price petrol to pay

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I think we have shared past history graham,and I know we have trodden the same ground
    I've certainly 'moved' plenty on various construction sites in Hong Kong.

Trusted Member
    Save money by sharing local transport.

create a commune, if this legistlation goes through, maybe doc allan can do our emergency operations

Trusted Member
    Make use of your local free bathing facilities.

...and of course share some simple camaraderie with your friendly neighbours.

You certainly have an amazing photo collection graham a photo on almost every subject

I must say you nevwr cease to amaze me

Come on for heavens sake you cant put a price on genuine true love ...
    Deltaromeo you say you wouldnt of considered a relationship if you were in those circumstances but surely love conquers all whatever the circumstances are if anyone trully loves there partner they will move heaven & earth to make a family life with them i know i certainly did
    No of course I agree, there is no price that can be put on Love. But back then.. I wouldn't have been in a position to have met or considered meeting someone from so far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    and anyway, you're from Oxfordshire?
    Not from here, but moved 3 years ago for the job I'm in now lol

i been there myself single dad to 3 young daughters, and didnt consider a relationship while i was bringing them up,
    but to the point it sounds like you think under £25,700 is living in poverty
    Of course not, that isn't what I suggested, living hand to mouth, not knowing how to clothe, feed or keep your children warm is what I know as living in poverty.

But guys, for goodness sake, I'm not attacking anyone, I'm not trying to demean or be unsympathetic. I do feel though that some measure of control be brought in. Yes, I see that no one here wishes to abuse the system, but unfortunately there are those out there that will and do. So the proposed (and they are only proposed) reforms to migration aims to curtail the freeloaders and abusers but it is impossible to say.. ok you can come in .. but he can't on such a large scale.
    As Terpe points out, the reports are published and available to read... they are not unreasonable - in my opinion.

looks great, bet you miss it graham

Trusted Member
    Yes.

My boy leaves home this summer.

deltaromeo , we know your not attacking, we all have our opinions, and enjoy a heated discusion now and again

so your tempted ?

i just thought ,, once we become a muslin country surely it will be open house free to bring in as many wives and family as we want

Trusted Member
    deltaromeo , we know your not attacking, we all have our opinions, and enjoy a heated discusion now and again
    I agree. Everyone's contributions are welcome. .

....Cheapest transport:

As Terpe points out, the reports are published and available to read... they are not unreasonable - in my opinion.
    I really have to disagree i find putting any financial ruling on having your legally married wife live with you in the uk is totally unaceptable & disrespecfull

Also what gets me wound up & annoyed is the fact if your born & bred in the uk have paid in to the tax coffers all your working life this counts for nothing your wife can still not join you here in the uk because you earnings are below the threshold

Trusted Member
    i just thought ,, once we become a muslin country surely it will be open house free to bring in as many wives and family as we want
    Hmm....I think it's those who've caused the to hit the fan.

Trusted Member
    I really have to disagree i find putting any financial ruling on having your legally married wife live with you in the uk is totally unaceptable & disrespecfull

Also what gets me wound up & annoyed is the fact if your born & bred in the uk have paid in to the tax coffers all your working life this counts for nothing your wife can still not join you here in the uk because you earnings are below the threshold
    In the past Royalty have of course been happy to import their partners...though they'd probably have passed the income test.

Yes graham it certainly is not a fair playing field

i find it all that this can & will happen

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    I am asking my God on the behalf all of all of you that this bill is thrown out, 1
    Is it a "bill" - or just something the border agency can do with the government saying "do it"?
    If it's a bill that has to go through the house, well I wouldn't count on it being passed, I really can't see most of Labour supporting it in it's entirety, and the LibDems possibly even less so.
    Can't really imagine the tories imposing a three line whip on such an unimportant matter (to them). The lords are also possible to request changes all delaying it.
    Since it's supposed to happen in just over 2 months, then it surely can't be a bill? There just isn't time.

Banned
    They are proposals to try and address abuses of the system. There's been more posts on this thread now than signatories of the petition.

To quote Theresa May

"Families are the bedrock of society. Family migration must be based on a real and continuing relationship, not a marriage of convenience or a marriage that is forced or is a sham. It is obvious that British citizens and those settled here should be able to marry or enter into a civil partnership with whomever they choose. But if they want to establish their family life in the UK, rather than overseas, then their spouse or partner must have a genuine attachment to the UK, be able to speak English, and integrate into our society, and they must not be a burden on the taxpayer. Families should be able to manage their own lives. If a British citizen or a person settled here cannot support their foreign spouse or partner, then they cannot expect the taxpayer to do it for them."

Respected Member
    i can't see how they can possibly let this go through.. ive got a good feeling that they cant let this happen.. it is basically excluding the majority of people from applying.

Thread Information